View Poll Results: What's your preferred date for SXOC's Shenanigans in Lanigans?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday 13th December

3 50.00%
  • Saturday 14th December

3 50.00%
  • Friday 20th December

1 16.67%
  • Saturday 21st December

1 16.67%
  • None of the above

1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SXOC Ireland Christmas Party 2013

Rides

SXOC Ireland Christmas Party 2013

Hi All,

As 2013 draws to a close, I want to get the ball rolling on a Christmas blow out (or two)!

This year has seen me busier than I've ever been with work & family so unfortunately we've been very quiet as far as events are concerned, and for that I apologise. I'm hoping for some good news in the next few weeks which will give me more time to focus on the SXOC for 2014.

That said, I want to at least throw a really good Christmas event, and have as many of our members & guests along as possible.

So, there's a few things to consider, and I'd like everyone's input please

1. One big Party, or two smaller ones?

As it stands, we have available reps in the east & west, so my question is this. Do you want to have one big Christmas party for everyone in Dublin, or have it split, and have a smaller event in Dublin, and one in the west of Ireland?

2. What do you want to do?

The tradition so far has been to go for a meal, and then out for pints. Is this something you'd be interested in? Or are you just interested in pints? Or are you a non-drinker, and like to do something else, like bowling, go-karting etc? I'd like to know where people are on this please

3. What do you expect on the night?

Whatever is decided, is there anything that you as a member, or guest, would expect to see provided by the staff? Complimentary or otherwise?

I'd really appreciate everyone's feedback on this as soon as possible, because I'll need to get booking things pretty soon. I'm posting a link on the SXOC Ireland Facebook page too, so that nobody misses it (if you're not on SXOC Ireland on Facebook, let me know and I'll add you)

Thanks all!

Clint

Rides
    If its December post the 12th im in.

If you can let me know long enough in advance ill book overnight accommodation wherever.
    Can I pay you membership also.

Rides
    It could well be, as I have nothing booked as of yet. I'm planning on having something in stone in two weeks so hopefully should be enough notice for most

As for membership, easiest way to do it is on aMember > LINK

Log in with your SXOC details and you can pay by PayPal, Visa or Mastercard.

If that doesn't suit, we can work something out mate

Rides
    I hear Melbourne is nice that time of year

Rides
    Could we use the money that we have accumulated this year and put it towards next year????to be fair members haven't had a chance to get a fair return this year.The reason I stepped down was that I knew I would not be able to attend events or have any major involvement with the club this year due to work and family commitments and I was hoping someone would take over and keep it going (I know it was mainly drift events I organised but it was something) not having a go at anyone
    Also I would like to add that limerick now has the largest indoor karting track in the world as of today hint hint nudge nudge

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    would expect to see provided by the staff? Complimentary or otherwise?
    Cocaine & hookers & a free bar..

Well You did ask

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J View Post
    Also I would like to add that limerick now has the largest indoor karting track in the world as of today hint hint nudge nudge
    Christmas Karting??!

Tell us more TJ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    Now that sounds like a plan.Christmas karting in limerick

Rides
    Good work Clint.
    I don't really mind what we do.
    Since we don't have a massive number of members/guests I would be suggesting to have 1 big party.

I don't drink so I can't / won't give any advice on that aspect.

Karting does sound like a good idea too so I would be up for that.
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J View Post
    Could we use the money that we have accumulated this year and put it towards next year????to be fair members haven't had a chance to get a fair return this year.The reason I stepped down was that I knew I would not be able to attend events or have any major involvement with the club this year due to work and family commitments and I was hoping someone would take over and keep it going (I know it was mainly drift events I organised but it was something) not having a go at anyone
    Agree with you 100% mate, events have been thin on the ground this year, so I'd like to give members at least one decent event before 2013 closes out. Budgets are recalculated each year, so carrying money forward isn't really an option unfortunately. That said, if there's something that we need extra cash for next year, we can investigate it as and when it's needed

I do like the look of the kart track in Limerick, and keep getting invites off them to check it out. Id be well up for an event there, if we have enough interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    Cocaine & hookers & a free bar..

Well You did ask
    Lol, that was the Weekender man, you missed out :P

Quote Originally Posted by NismoNut View Post
    Good work Clint.
    I don't really mind what we do.
    Since we don't have a massive number of members/guests I would be suggesting to have 1 big party.

I don't drink so I can't / won't give any advice on that aspect.

Karting does sound like a good idea too so I would be up for that.
    Cool, seems to be a little bit of interest so. I'll do some investigating this weekend and will get up a poll next week

Rides
    Will keep an eye on this too Sounds good

Rides
    Any joy or further thoughts about the karting?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Any joy or further thoughts about the karting?
    Will know more this weekend mate

Rides
    I'd be up for karting too.

Rides
    Hey Clint, did that crowd get back to you?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Hey Clint, did that crowd get back to you?
    Nope sorry, I'll chase them tomorrow & suss it out

Official update this weekend, I promise!

Rides
    Ok, update time as promised!

First off, we are having a Christmas night out in Dublin on either 13th, 14th, 20th, or 21st of December. I've added a poll to the thread, please select your preferred night, and we'll do our best to accommodate the majority of people.

The night itself will consist of heading to town for about 8pm, and we'll be going to one of my favourite bars in Dublin, Lanigan's on Eden Quay. If you've never been, it's a lovely little spot, with friendly staff, decent music, and a good selection of nicely priced beers, and is the perfect place to start out. They tend to stay open pretty late so we can stay there, or head off somewhere else if the mood takes us. It's part of the Clifton Court Hotel too, who have reasonable-priced rooms should you fancy staying in Dublin overnight, but failing that, there's no shortage of other accommodation.

This event is open to members, other halves, and non-members, so feel free to bring a mate if you're shy! We will be providing drinks tokens and finger food, and will be having a bit of a Christmas raffle too

Please take the time to vote for your preferred night, so we can try to be as fair as possible in the selection. You can select more than one option of you like

Lanigans

This poll will close this Friday, so get your votes in early

Rides
    The second update relates to the karting in Limerick.

This will be going ahead as it's always great fun, and the facility there looks excellent. A full Gran Prix is 50 euro per person (10 people min) so that's what we'll be aiming for. We will also provide subsidies, tenner per person to bring it to 40 quid, but I'll be discussing the prospects of a group discount to try for a slightly better deal.

Unfortunately, it's not going to happen before Christmas, and January tends to be a write-off for most, so I'm setting the date for now as the weekend of 1st/2nd February. Hopefully everyone will have been paid again after the Christmas drought, and what better way to kick off the year than some "friendly" competition.

If people want, we can see about organising a night out afterwards too. I know I'd be interested in staying down for a few beers and I'm sure there'd be some more candidates too. It'd be a nice opportunity to catch up with a lot of the gang we normally only see at Japfest & Puncestown too!

So that's it lads. Thoughts? Opinions? and most importantly... vote!

So that's it guys.

Rides
    Voted.

Rides
    Can't do the party but should be up for the karting

Ps, Jp........you're going down!!!!!!!!