Thread: S14a NATS/Alarm Issues

Rides

S14a NATS/Alarm Issues

Evening everyone.

So a few weeks ago, whilst drifting at Pod, I rubbed through a few wires in the loom (I didn't realise at the time).

On the way home I lost wipers and a few other minor things, but when I parked the car at home, I pushed the button on my alarm fob, the car locked, and the immobiliser armed as normal.

A few days later, I came home one afternoon to the horn constantly going off, one continuous noise, so I removed the horns at the time, as a temporary measure. Next day the immobiliser was making one continuous beep, like is does if you open your boot with your keys while its still armed, before going off.

So battery disconnected. I've since repaired and lengthened the loom, and after replacing a few popped fuses caused by the shorting of some wires, everything has been working fine, except my remote locking and the immobiliser arming itself...

I've been locking the car with the keys the 'old fashioned way,' but not had any issues with the car starting. I've just come back from the shops, and after parking, and locking the car, midway through my sausage sandwich my alarm goes off for a few seconds, then stops, then a beep from the siren every 5 or so seconds... The car does still start, but the beeping didn't stop.

I've no idea whats going on now, so I've disconnected the battery again...

I've never had any issues with NATS before, no idea what to do now...? If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated!

Chris

Rides
    It could be the battery within the siren failing. It's designed to make a distress noise if this is the case.
    The "battery" is just a clump of rechargeable AA batteries, and rechargeable AA batteries do fail to recharge eventually.
    Maybe wishful thinking, but it might be that simple.

Rides
    sounds very similar to what i had. Kept going off every 5 seconds...found out my alarm box ( situated under the bonnet behind the offside suspension turret...) had battery issues, looking for replacement batteries as we speak

Rides
    Ah really?

Best to stick in some more recharge-ables then? Non-rechargeables no good, I happened to buy some normal ones by accident the other day..!

Rides
    If you find your still stuck after the battery change there is a lot of info in the members area on nats issues. The finer details are not shared on the open forum for security reasons.
    Aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Cheers Aaron, if batteries don't work, that might be the excuse I needed to finally become a paid up member!