Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Project gripper

Rides
    Awesome build. Brilliant to see something different being done!

Rides
    Very impressive

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weazle View Post
    Nelson. Great minds think a like I'm going to be doing similar to my exhaust to allow me to run a diffuser.

Piman. As Nelson says easiest way to widen the rear track is drive shaft spacers with longer arms. Again ill be doing similar, shaft spacers but with custom subframe and arms.
    Only problem with longer arms is you'll change the rates at which the geometry changes with bump / rebound.

Fine if you are shooting for a specific rate of camber gain etc but not something I'd be doing just for the hell of it without some calcs behind me.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    Only problem with longer arms is you'll change the rates at which the geometry changes with bump / rebound.

Fine if you are shooting for a specific rate of camber gain etc but not something I'd be doing just for the hell of it without some calcs behind me.
    I know. It won't be done just willy nilly. I'll be doing it properly.

Rides
    Thanks for the information chaps, keep up the good work Nelson, it's a great looking car. I haven't suffered with any instability and it's too big a set of jobs for me to be bothered with for the gain.

Spice, if you need any help with your calculations, we have ANSYS here at work. Can probably run you up some simple node models with just some basic pick up points.

Rides
    Jesus nelson we are building the same car except mines red and and has a v8 I'm just doing all the arms and subframe work now and then I've gota get on to rich for the kit.

I have to say I like it but your not allowed to paint with silver and black.

Rides
    The chopped rear and higher exhaust is for the purpose of a diffuser at a later date. Iv got a custom RT Carbon front splitter to go on too, you get the idea I trust Tremlins work. He has got into his carbon in a big way and the things he is making is awesome, 100% carbon too not carbon skins.

Rides
    Thanks for all the great feed back guys, nice to know I'm doing something abit different/right that people like.
    And ghost, don't worry it's not going to be same colour

Rides
    this is a great build dude, looking forward to seeing some more progress...loving the whole kit!

keep up the great work

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonsx View Post
    Thanks for all the great feed back guys, nice to know I'm doing something abit different/right that people like.
    And ghost, don't worry it's not going to be same colour
    I was reading it getting deja vu and when I seen you was from leeds guessed you got it all from rich.

Whats your plan for a rear wing?

Rides
    Again leaving it to trem to make a fancy lightweight carbon jobby

Rides
    Awesome looking car, looking forward to more updates

Rides
    Got my extinguisher thru

And whilst fitting the bottle to were the rear seat was, yep, I drilled into the F'ing petrol tank, so everything had to be dropped

Rides
    Whilst fitting all the nozzles for the extinguisher I decided I didn't need all the heaters, so everything was ripped out and I got the passenger foot plate fabricated in place

Rides
    Filter relocation kit and aeroquip fittings, just because it looks cool, haha
    And that is so far how I have got to this point

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Thanks for the information chaps, keep up the good work Nelson, it's a great looking car. I haven't suffered with any instability and it's too big a set of jobs for me to be bothered with for the gain.

Spice, if you need any help with your calculations, we have ANSYS here at work. Can probably run you up some simple node models with just some basic pick up points.
    That would be awesome . Im still a way off that stage yet but if the offer is still there when I do get to that point that would be amazing.

Rides
    I have no idea where that picture of the watch came from, Iv not even got that picture in my photo library, Iv never seen it before in my life. Stupid tapatalk

Rides
    Just wow. Looks amazing bud.. keep going!

Ry

Rides
    This thing has huge potential! Very jealous of your skills.

Rides
    I agree with you that it has huge potential, I just hope I'm the man to get the most out of that potential. There is loads of plans in the pipe line but there going to happen later, I'm just going to concentrate on getting it finished now and get back on track, then engine rebuild, more power, proper cage ect will come later with a view for time attack, but as I say, that's in the future, for now I just want to get it on track and working