Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Project gripper

Rides
    I had similar issues using the standard inlet manifold with bigger injectors. Instead of the larger turbo making more power it did less (went from TD06 at 440bhp to GTX3071 at 400bhp). I ended up with the Greddy Shortport plenum, same injectors pump etc. Also added adjustable pulleys and it gained 100bhp That was using a Fuel Performance pump with better flow than a walbro though. I've since ran in a new fuel supply line and fitted a Bosch 044 in a tank which has dropped the injector duty down out of the high 90's.

That wastegate outlet on the manifold does look a bit shit if I'm honest. I'm still using my copy of the TD06 manifold, with the smallest Tial wastegate, 38mm I think, never have any creep issues. Hopefully you can just chisel off the coating around where you need to change the manifold?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I had similar issues using the standard inlet manifold with bigger injectors. Instead of the larger turbo making more power it did less (went from TD06 at 440bhp to GTX3071 at 400bhp). I ended up with the Greddy Shortport plenum, same injectors pump etc. Also added adjustable pulleys and it gained 100bhp That was using a Fuel Performance pump with better flow than a walbro though. I've since ran in a new fuel supply line and fitted a Bosch 044 in a tank which has dropped the injector duty down out of the high 90's.

That wastegate outlet on the manifold does look a bit shit if I'm honest. I'm still using my copy of the TD06 manifold, with the smallest Tial wastegate, 38mm I think, never have any creep issues. Hopefully you can just chisel off the coating around where you need to change the manifold?
    Il get all the new bits on and see what's what then Il have to look at redesigning the wastegate port, never ending isn't it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Rides
    So eventually got the run in miles complete and got to fit the new otaku garage intake plenum and id 1050x injectors

Rides
    Then it was mapping time. Gary at apt was the man of choice again and he did I very nice job. No issues with creep this time, I'm starting to think maybe I had a boost leak or something. But anyway, everything went to plan and final.results where 502bhp and 450ftlb

Rides
    Strong figures and that plenum looks great. Have you got a good comparison before and after on that plenum then?

All I keep reading is the short runners hinder torque and spool. Doesn’t seem too bad on yours though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Strong figures and that plenum looks great. Have you got a good comparison before and after on that plenum then?

All I keep reading is the short runners hinder torque and spool. Doesn’t seem too bad on yours though
    No comparison I'm afraid. But it looks pretty good to me, spools nice and pulls like a train.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Been watching this on Instagram. Great power figures too
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Been watching this on Instagram. Great power figures too
    Thank you. I was hoping for more. But it's safe for track and to be honest after driving it, it's pretty quick

Rides
    Well I had to open my mouth about safe for track didn't I

Rides
    I’ve been shaking my head about it ever since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    I’ve been shaking my head about it ever since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonsx View Post
    Well I had to open my mouth about safe for track didn't I

Sorry to see this, what happened? Did you have to modify the exhaust manifold in the end and what size gate you opt for?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Sorry to see this, what happened? Did you have to modify the exhaust manifold in the end and what size gate you opt for?
    It ate number 3 rod bearing in a big way had to have all crank reground, block line bored, and rod resized. Back together now. Stuck with the Mani and the 44mm wastegate. Boost settled at 1.5b so that's low boost setting. Didn't see point in going into loads more work and money to reduce boost. Who wants to pay for less power

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonsx View Post
    It ate number 3 rod bearing in a big way had to have all crank reground, block line bored, and rod resized. Back together now. Stuck with the Mani and the 44mm wastegate. Boost settled at 1.5b so that's low boost setting. Didn't see point in going into loads more work and money to reduce boost. Who wants to pay for less power

Ooph! Could’ve been worse I suppose. What WG spring you running? If you’re happy at 1.5 then that’s cool. Guessing the mani won’t let you see any less which was the issue I had. That and it crept up to 1.7+ bar on cold mornings. I wanted 1 bar low and 1.4 high so... I’m fussy? Hopefully bump into you this year or next on track. Be good to see another s-body in attack mode.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Ooph! Could’ve been worse I suppose. What WG spring you running? If you’re happy at 1.5 then that’s cool. Guessing the mani won’t let you see any less which was the issue I had. That and it crept up to 1.7+ bar on cold mornings. I wanted 1 bar low and 1.4 high so... I’m fussy? Hopefully bump into you this year or next on track. Be good to see another s-body in attack mode.
    Yeah Def have a meet up at a track. And 1.5 suited me for low boost really. My high is 1.8 so it worked out fine. And it's a 1bar spring.