Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 281 to 295 of 295

Thread: Project gripper

  1. #281
    Guest Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Rural
    Posts
    11,051
    Rides
    0
    I had similar issues using the standard inlet manifold with bigger injectors. Instead of the larger turbo making more power it did less (went from TD06 at 440bhp to GTX3071 at 400bhp). I ended up with the Greddy Shortport plenum, same injectors pump etc. Also added adjustable pulleys and it gained 100bhp That was using a Fuel Performance pump with better flow than a walbro though. I've since ran in a new fuel supply line and fitted a Bosch 044 in a tank which has dropped the injector duty down out of the high 90's.

    That wastegate outlet on the manifold does look a bit shit if I'm honest. I'm still using my copy of the TD06 manifold, with the smallest Tial wastegate, 38mm I think, never have any creep issues. Hopefully you can just chisel off the coating around where you need to change the manifold?

  2. #282
    Guest nelsonsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    897
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I had similar issues using the standard inlet manifold with bigger injectors. Instead of the larger turbo making more power it did less (went from TD06 at 440bhp to GTX3071 at 400bhp). I ended up with the Greddy Shortport plenum, same injectors pump etc. Also added adjustable pulleys and it gained 100bhp That was using a Fuel Performance pump with better flow than a walbro though. I've since ran in a new fuel supply line and fitted a Bosch 044 in a tank which has dropped the injector duty down out of the high 90's.

    That wastegate outlet on the manifold does look a bit shit if I'm honest. I'm still using my copy of the TD06 manifold, with the smallest Tial wastegate, 38mm I think, never have any creep issues. Hopefully you can just chisel off the coating around where you need to change the manifold?
    Il get all the new bits on and see what's what then Il have to look at redesigning the wastegate port, never ending isn't it.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  3. #283
    Guest nelsonsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    897
    Rides
    0
    So eventually got the run in miles complete and got to fit the new otaku garage intake plenum and id 1050x injectors

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  4. #284
    Guest nelsonsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    897
    Rides
    0
    Then it was mapping time. Gary at apt was the man of choice again and he did I very nice job. No issues with creep this time, I'm starting to think maybe I had a boost leak or something. But anyway, everything went to plan and final.results where 502bhp and 450ftlb

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  5. #285
    Guest Sean-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    2,398
    Rides
    0
    Strong figures and that plenum looks great. Have you got a good comparison before and after on that plenum then?

    All I keep reading is the short runners hinder torque and spool. Doesnít seem too bad on yours though

  6. #286
    Guest nelsonsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    897
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Strong figures and that plenum looks great. Have you got a good comparison before and after on that plenum then?

    All I keep reading is the short runners hinder torque and spool. Doesnít seem too bad on yours though
    No comparison I'm afraid. But it looks pretty good to me, spools nice and pulls like a train.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  7. #287
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,835
    Rides
    1
    Been watching this on Instagram. Great power figures too
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  8. #288
    Guest nelsonsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    897
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Been watching this on Instagram. Great power figures too
    Thank you. I was hoping for more. But it's safe for track and to be honest after driving it, it's pretty quick

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  9. #289
    Guest nelsonsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    897
    Rides
    0
    Well I had to open my mouth about safe for track didn't I

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  10. #290
    Guest jj205mi16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ayrshire, Auchinleck
    Posts
    1,405
    Rides
    0
    Iíve been shaking my head about it ever since


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #291
    Guest nelsonsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    897
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    Iíve been shaking my head about it ever since


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  12. #292
    Guest BLAKTOOTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Benfleet, Essex
    Posts
    4,676
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonsx View Post
    Well I had to open my mouth about safe for track didn't I

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Sorry to see this, what happened? Did you have to modify the exhaust manifold in the end and what size gate you opt for?

  13. #293
    Guest nelsonsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    897
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Sorry to see this, what happened? Did you have to modify the exhaust manifold in the end and what size gate you opt for?
    It ate number 3 rod bearing in a big way had to have all crank reground, block line bored, and rod resized. Back together now. Stuck with the Mani and the 44mm wastegate. Boost settled at 1.5b so that's low boost setting. Didn't see point in going into loads more work and money to reduce boost. Who wants to pay for less power

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  14. #294
    Guest BLAKTOOTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Benfleet, Essex
    Posts
    4,676
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonsx View Post
    It ate number 3 rod bearing in a big way had to have all crank reground, block line bored, and rod resized. Back together now. Stuck with the Mani and the 44mm wastegate. Boost settled at 1.5b so that's low boost setting. Didn't see point in going into loads more work and money to reduce boost. Who wants to pay for less power

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Ooph! Could’ve been worse I suppose. What WG spring you running? If you’re happy at 1.5 then that’s cool. Guessing the mani won’t let you see any less which was the issue I had. That and it crept up to 1.7+ bar on cold mornings. I wanted 1 bar low and 1.4 high so... I’m fussy? Hopefully bump into you this year or next on track. Be good to see another s-body in attack mode.

  15. #295
    Guest nelsonsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    897
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Ooph! Couldíve been worse I suppose. What WG spring you running? If youíre happy at 1.5 then thatís cool. Guessing the mani wonít let you see any less which was the issue I had. That and it crept up to 1.7+ bar on cold mornings. I wanted 1 bar low and 1.4 high so... Iím fussy? Hopefully bump into you this year or next on track. Be good to see another s-body in attack mode.
    Yeah Def have a meet up at a track. And 1.5 suited me for low boost really. My high is 1.8 so it worked out fine. And it's a 1bar spring.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •