Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - Japan

Rides

F1 - Japan

I suggest you all increase your enjoyment of this race by ignoring Vettel.

So, who out of the rest of the field is going to 'win'?

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    that would make for a great Fantasy league, the 'Ignore Vettel F1 fantasy league' would be much more fun

Rides
    grosean to ignore team orders and jump Kimi for a lotus 1 / 2 with a surprise hulkenberg bringing in the sauber for virtual 3rd

Rides
    Well done Grosean !

Rides
    Am i the only one who smelt foul play yesterday?

So Vettel v Grosjean, same tyres with sebs being a few laps newer, Seb pisses past him at the fist attempt

Webber v Gorsjean, Webber on much fresher rubber and the options so super grippy, he also has a skinny wing on for higher top speed and was the fastest car through the speed trap all weekend. However for around 5 laps even with DRS he couldnt even get alongside the Lotus and then all of a sudden when there are 5 laps left and Seb has a 8 second lead he breezes past when Grosjean too has DRS

Now if i was into consipracy theories i would say RB turned Marks car down for a few laps as they knew he was going to catch and pass Seb and that he probably wouldnt take any notice of team orders which could have well ended up with both cars crashing out into the first corner !!!!!!

gutted for Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    That's a hell of a conspiracy theory Mark - I prefer the explanation that Webber is shit

Best start Lewis has had all year and Vettel did to him what Webber did at Nurburgring '09...

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Am i the only one who smelt foul play yesterday?

So Vettel v Grosjean, same tyres with sebs being a few laps newer, Seb pisses past him at the fist attempt

Webber v Gorsjean, Webber on much fresher rubber and the options so super grippy, he also has a skinny wing on for higher top speed and was the fastest car through the speed trap all weekend. However for around 5 laps even with DRS he couldnt even get alongside the Lotus and then all of a sudden when there are 5 laps left and Seb has a 8 second lead he breezes past when Grosjean too has DRS

Now if i was into consipracy theories i would say RB turned Marks car down for a few laps as they knew he was going to catch and pass Seb and that he probably wouldnt take any notice of team orders which could have well ended up with both cars crashing out into the first corner !!!!!!

gutted for Lewis
    Got to be honest, I did have similar suspicions. I was also baffled that they'd split the strategies so dramatically when they were both front running with similar sorts of pace. I don't recall Mark having to pit stop more than Vettel at any other race in the last 3 seasons so why now? If the race techs had worked out that a 2 stop was going to be the fastest mid way through the race then why didn't they call both cars in?

Rides
    Roll on next year. We need a level playing field or a car other than the RB to be the faster.

Poor old Hamilton.

Did you see how much flak Seb gets off the track.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Got to be honest, I did have similar suspicions. I was also baffled that they'd split the strategies so dramatically when they were both front running with similar sorts of pace. I don't recall Mark having to pit stop more than Vettel at any other race in the last 3 seasons so why now? If the race techs had worked out that a 2 stop was going to be the fastest mid way through the race then why didn't they call both cars in?
    Yep, even Ted on Sky brought that up and had the lap times, saying Webber was no slower than Seb so there was no need to bring him in early. I hope Riciardo realises he is going to be Sebs bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    When was the last time you can recall a top team with 2 podium drivers using 2 totally different race strategies....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    When was the last time you can recall a top team with 2 podium drivers using 2 totally different race strategies....
    Even Webber has wondered.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-stop-strategy

Some great comments on there

Rides
    I have lost all interest in f1 now.

To be honest it smells worse than a field full of cow shit.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    To be honest it smells worse than a field full of cow shit.
    No thats not right.

rule No. 4368795783763625374859690 in book 17 of the rules and regulations stipulates that you can only have a smell 17% above or below the average amount of cow shit that a single cow can do in a week in a single field of nominal size assuming that cow is of nominal healthy state and size in accordance with rule no. 3475834728374872 in book 13 describing all aspects of a cow

basically how you interpret that rule is indictive of sporting behaviour and RB clearly didnt breach that

Rides
    RB's cow has a blown arse, similar to a blown diffuser but messier.

Rides
    Lol, the pregnant pause when Webber was interviewed post race about the strategies and why his was different was very telling.

One way or another he got fisted for sure.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Sheet View Post
    Lol, the pregnant pause when Webber was interviewed post race about the strategies and why his was different was very telling.
    I think the pause was him thinking this :-

"hmmm, how do I answer this with out being bitter that I am sh1t ..... yes they fisted me, but had I bought the car home in the top 3 a few more times this season, then maybe I would have a legitimate excuse to complain .... but lets face it .. I have done dick all this season and now want my employees to throw me a bone instead of helping the guy out that is brioning in the money.

hmmmmmm .. if I complain tooo much it will make me seem bitter ... and I am actuall sh1t ..... if I dont complain it will show the world that I know I am shit ???

Damn ... to much time has past, this conversation is getting away from me ...... just like the rest of the grid at the start of a race .. ARRRGH I am crap I am crap"

or at least, thats what it told me

Rides
    I dont think webber is shite, i just think he cant be arsed any more lol.

Rides
    best car backed by team..... not the best driver

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think the pause was him thinking this :-

"hmmm, how do I answer this with out being bitter that I am sh1t ..... yes they fisted me, but had I bought the car home in the top 3 a few more times this season, then maybe I would have a legitimate excuse to complain .... but lets face it .. I have done dick all this season and now want my employees to throw me a bone instead of helping the guy out that is brioning in the money.

hmmmmmm .. if I complain tooo much it will make me seem bitter ... and I am actuall sh1t ..... if I dont complain it will show the world that I know I am shit ???

Damn ... to much time has past, this conversation is getting away from me ...... just like the rest of the grid at the start of a race .. ARRRGH I am crap I am crap"

or at least, thats what it told me
    Lol, or maybe that!

Rides
    no, he is crap .... there is a smidging of truth about RB running a better car for vettle, but not to the extent that Webber runs that far down the grid EVERY race, ultimately F1 is abou the money and sponsors, every single time ... no way on earth would Horner risk that by only running one competative car ... the simple fact is that Webber, like Massa just isnt good enough, to bring the cars home near there number 1 driver ... and that alone suggests they need to be taken out to the pastures and shot in favour for
    Quote Originally Posted by bernie
    more young german boys