Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone doing any track days this month or the next

Rides

anyone doing any track days this month or the next

anyone planning to do any, now I have the car back need to get it out again, thinking oulton, donington or bedford (possibly all 3) before end of november anyone fancy it

Rides
    M200SEX is doing Bedford on Saturday.

I believe Sidewaysfun is doing Bedford on November 2nd as well.

Rides
    If I can afford to get some new brakes in time I'll be booking something but it's a big IFatm
    Last edited by MEL; 09-10-2013 at 08:06.

Rides
    I should be at Oulton on the 26th via bookatrack. Just need to swap my gearbox...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    M200SEX is doing Bedford on Saturday.

I believe Sidewaysfun is doing Bedford on November 2nd as well.
    FACT: I'll be at Bedford this sat in the s13

Rides
    Was going to do oulton on 26th but the price is extortionate for this time of year. So possibly doing blyton on 27th oct. Bedford on 11th nov and oulton on 27th nov or 4th december. Got pulled off in donington last time for driveby, they've become so strict lately so not gonna book there until i know my latest db

Rides
    I will be at Snetterton on the 4th November...

Rides
    Got black flagged for noise yesterday at Bedford, static was only 86db and no exhaust leaks, getting so bloody strict on noise everywhere now

Rides
    Would be nice to do Silverstone on the 10th november might be a good rx8 tester.
    Last edited by -ghost-; 15-10-2013 at 08:52.

Rides
    A stock car, I assume an S14, setting off a noise board at Bedford?

I can't see that somehow man. What was the score?

Rides
    Nope.
    Last edited by -ghost-; 15-10-2013 at 08:51.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by M200sex View Post
    Got black flagged for noise yesterday at Bedford, static was only 86db and no exhaust leaks, getting so bloody strict on noise everywhere now
    whats there limit ali? do you have a screamer pipe or something? How was bedford by the way

i think i saw you driving there although i was in a shitty 206 so you wouldnt have seen me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    whats there limit ali? do you have a screamer pipe or something? How was bedford by the way

i think i saw you driving there although i was in a shitty 206 so you wouldnt have seen me.
    I have 2 screamers but people tell me they can't hear them outside the car (you sure as **** can inside) Marshall's said it was exhaust noise but no more clarification than that, my customers e36 got black flagged too and that really is quiet.
    I can't remember what the drive by is but 98db rings a bell

Rides
    oh right, sounds a bit harsh then mate do they still have a one strike and your out policy?

Rides
    oh right, sounds a bit harsh then mate do they still have a one strike and your out policy?
    Yep funnily enough I got the noise board twice as they must have forgotten I got it the first time but moving forward I can't see how I can make the car quieter

Rides
    Another big thumbs down for Bedford here, I was right on the edge of the static noise test and got black flagged after just 1 lap. Miserable bastards wouldn't let me back out when I offers to turn the boost down either. Most expensive lap of my life!

I might be going to Snetterton with moon face Dave on the 4th Nov too

Rides
    Thinking bout not booking bedford then. My driveby at donington was 100.5. With a 98db decibel limit. I have no major issues with the static but when my vtec cuts in it can be loud. Looks like blyton and oulton are the friendliest driveby of 105. Whats bedfords?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Sheet View Post
    Another big thumbs down for Bedford here, I was right on the edge of the static noise test and got black flagged after just 1 lap. Miserable bastards wouldn't let me back out when I offers to turn the boost down either. Most expensive lap of my life!
    With all due respect, Bedford make absolutely and completely clear at the beginning of the day that if you get a Black Flag there are no circumstances that you will be allowed back out. I would go so far as to say they spend too long saying you won't get another chance. And unless we want another Mallory Park scenario, that's how it has to be.

If you're already on the limit of the track at static then you've got no hope on a drive by. Most of Bedfords statics are 101dB, so your car must be loud. That's not their fault, you need another silencer. I have three silencers in my car and the only time I've set off their noise board was when M200 and I were having fun in proximity.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    With all due respect, Bedford make absolutely and completely clear at the beginning of the day that if you get a Black Flag there are no circumstances that you will be allowed back out. I would go so far as to say they spend too long saying you won't get another chance. And unless we want another Mallory Park scenario, that's how it has to be.

If you're already on the limit of the track at static then you've got no hope on a drive by. Most of Bedfords statics are 101dB, so your car must be loud. That's not their fault, you need another silencer. I have three silencers in my car and the only time I've set off their noise board was when M200 and I were having fun in proximity.
    In my opinion a 1 strike policy is still pretty harsh, especially if you can demonstrate a step change such as fititng a bung. I see your point wiht the mallory issue though.

Rides
    In my opinion a 1 strike policy is still pretty harsh, especially if you can demonstrate a step change such as fititng a bung. I see your point wiht the mallory issue though.
    It might be harsh in any opinion A, but repeatedly infringing on the agreement will get it shut down. And Palmer Sport make a minter out of that venue so that's really where it ends.