Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air Pistols

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Not a .357, but does a .50 Desert Eagle count?
    Lol, I've had a go with a S&W model 500, all I remember was the ridiculous recoil. A 9mm after that was like firing a BB.

Rides
    Going for this in the end after speaking to the local gun shop WEIHRAUCH HW40 PCA .177. Thanks very much for all the help and info.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Forgot about this, I've got one of these...

http://www.umarexusa.com/Beretta-M92...l#.UlpB7BB5ER0

Bought it as I'm not allowed to buy a BB gun anymore
    I want one of these
    http://www.umarexusa.com/Beretta-M-9...l#.UmaceZ1wbMQ

Or these
    http://www.umarexusa.com/Magnum-Rese...l#.UmacMJ1wbMQ

Rides

Air Pistols

I have found a company in the uk that does a colt 1911 with blow back

It has to be sent to a registered fire arms dealer for collection though, not sure what's involved in sorting that?

Rides

Go to 2:29

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ben8000 View Post
    Going for this in the end after speaking to the local gun shop WEIHRAUCH HW40 PCA .177. Thanks very much for all the help and info.
    Good call.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I have found a company in the uk that does a colt 1911 with blow back

It has to be sent to a registered fire arms dealer for collection though, not sure what's involved in sorting that?
    Go to a gun shop and ask them if they will take delivery for you. If yes give their details to the shop you are buying from. They are likely to charge you a handling fee though, normally £20 or so but I've heard of up to £50. It might be easier to just ask your local shop if they can get the 1911 in for you.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!

Rides
    Double post annoyingness.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCarter200 View Post
    Go to a gun shop and ask them if they will take delivery for you. If yes give their details to the shop you are buying from. They are likely to charge you a handling fee though, normally £20 or so but I've heard of up to £50. It might be easier to just ask your local shop if they can get the 1911 in for you.
    I got my CX4 Storm this way. Got sent to a shop in Colchester, handling fee was included in the P&P

Rides
    Just to bump this old thread, I took a trip to Pellpax this morning to look at a couple of Co2 pistols. I noticed a while ago that they will deliver, then realised they're only an hour away

Anyway, pre-arranged the visit so they knew what I was after, got to have a few test fires and came away with.....

Really helpful guys and will deliver with their own drivers so no need to get a local gun shop involved, www.pellpax.co.uk

Rides
    How much was that Drifter?

Coincidently, I bought this on Xmas Eve. Happy Xmas Martin, Love Martin http://www.abgunsmiths.co.uk/index.p...86-umarex.html

Rides
    The gun itself was £110, all in with 1500 bb's, the case and some lube it came to £135

They did have some 6 shooters on the shelf, wish I'd has a closer look tbh

I managed to knee cap myself earlier The trigger is really light.

Rides
    BB guns.... please wear glasses, the little feckers ping all over the place.

Rides
    Has anyone actually owned a shotgun or an actual firearm? When I went to vegas and fired loads of guns I found it quite fun, I actually preferred the semi automatics and the pistols (Scar H & Berretta being my two favourites).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by *alansx* View Post
    Has anyone actually owned a shotgun or an actual firearm? When I went to vegas and fired loads of guns I found it quite fun, I actually preferred the semi automatics and the pistols (Scar H & Berretta being my two favourites).
    Well pistols are illegal and I believe semi auto rifles are only legal in .22 so I think youre out of luck if you want to own them in the UK.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCarter200 View Post
    Well pistols are illegal and I believe semi auto rifles are only legal in .22 so I think youre out of luck if you want to own them in the UK.
    I was kinda thinking that, but Shotguns are legal aren't they?

Rides
    Semi-auto shotguns are legal over here but only with a 2 round magazine on a SGC. If you wanted one with a larger mag you'd have to apply, have a bloody good reason, and have it on an FAC, in other words, they're very very hard to own.

Pistols under 24" are illegal due to the ****ing bullshit media in this country, namely the shitty Sun newspaper, causing mass hysteria and pressurising the government to ban then. Semi-auto rifles are only allowed in .22 rimfire, and tbh, that's boring lol.
    Last edited by Slamz; 03-01-2014 at 07:40.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    Semi-auto shotguns are legal over here but only with a 2 round magazine on a SGC. If you wanted one with a larger mag you'd have to apply, have a bloody good reason, and have it on an FAC, in other words, they're very very hard to own.

Pistols under 24" are illegal due to the ****ing bullshit media in this country, namely the shitty Sun newspaper, causing mass hysteria and pressurising the government to ban then. Semi-auto rifles are only allowed in .22 rimfire, and tbh, that's boring lol.
    Never knew about the two round magazine rule. Does anyone know how much it costs to apply for a lisence? i'm guessing it won't be cheap. and i'm also thinking they might come round to see where the gun(s) are being stored too. Will have to do some more research I guess.

Rides
    It's not much, only like £50. But your firearms officer will have to come round, you need pictures, a countersignature, secure cabinet, blah blah.

Rides
    Go along to your local clay shoot. You will get loads of advice from the bloke who runs it