Thread: Mitsubishi Evo 5

Rides

Mitsubishi Evo 5

Unfortunately I let go of my beloved 180sx. Their were a few reason's which contributed to me selling up. Having a company van and having a Fn2 type R meant I had access to other transport. Main reason though was that the car was not getting used properly. It was a very hard decision but I felt it was getting to the point I was only taking the car to show's ect and was then being garaged away for 6-8 mths each year. Damn,I never even took the car out in rain.
    So,a deal was made with a young chap who wanted to get into the drift scene. I got his evo and managed to keep a few pieces from the Nissan. Main one being my Enkei's which will be sold tomorrow. That will give me the cash to go through my bike license which was another reason for selling up.
    So the Evo. As much as I loved the Nissan,I love my Evo's also. I just think they have such road presence and love the way they grip the road. I fully intend to get as much use and fun from this car as possible. This will be used all year round unlike the Nissan.

So the car.

Its a Mitsubishi Evo 5,1998 model and was imported in 2008. It has had an evo 6 engine fitted recently. Apparently the engine has only done 50,000 miles but who knows really as their is no proof. Bodywork,interior and engine bay are all in decent condition. My main concern is the underside which looks pretty good but could be doing with going up on a ramp for full inspection. This will be done on Monday at Auotmek in East Kilbride,Scotland. Modification's look like an aftermarket manifold,blow off valve and induction kit. The car is pretty quick and boost comes in nice and strong.

So,a few pics.....

So,plans for the car. Really to keep it well maintained and as reliable as possible so that I can have as much fun as possible with it. I may concentrate on handling mods and push the power a little.
    Engine mods will be Evo 9 turbo,rod bolts,fuel pump,8mr cams and uprated lifters. Standard ecu will be mapped.
    So,let the fun begin

Rides
    Looks like a nice tidy example. The V is my favorite too. You know you want to de-spoiler it... g'wan

Shame to see your 180 turned into a practise drift machine though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Looks like a nice tidy example. The V is my favorite too. You know you want to de-spoiler it... g'wan

Shame to see your 180 turned into a practise drift machine though
    De-spoiler. Need to google that. Never seen one minus the spoiler before.

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Do like a 5 myself, & white or gunmetal FTW. Is there a 1/2 way house between that wing & a lip? If so, approx. 1/2 way would be my choice.

BUT - letting your P&J 180 go drifting, let alone with a Noob, is a FAR worse crime than letting Mr R Harris walk yer kids home!!

Clint's right, - Shame.

Enjoy your all-weather Mitsy though, lot to be said for that.

R.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BWanderers View Post
    Do like a 5 myself, & white or gunmetal FTW. Is there a 1/2 way house between that wing & a lip? If so, approx. 1/2 way would be my choice.

BUT - letting your P&J 180 go drifting, let alone with a Noob, is a FAR worse crime than letting Mr R Harris walk yer kids home!!

Clint's right, - Shame.

Enjoy your all-weather Mitsy though, lot to be said for that.

R.
    His car now mate. I told him how expensive the parts were to replace but end of the day its his choice. I was going to sell it for 6.5k. I managed to get the evo which is probably worth around 5k and still allows me to have a car to have fun in and keeping my wheels and other bits when sold free another 1500. That allows me to go straight through with my bike license. Money I couldn't free up anytime soon with houses and weddings. I think it was the right decision and done not to bad really. It was hard to let it go as just used it as our wedding car but have the memories and will one day own another with a decent spec.

Rides
    Do love an evo, really fancied one but having to be followed by a fuel tanker put me off as it would be my only car. Anyway nice motor bud, and I wish you all the best with it!

Rides
    Had the car in at Automek today for inspection. Safe to say all is good. Underside is in good condition and has been undersealed in the past. I think tbh I will get it back in and get it done again for piece of mind. Their were a few leaks here and there and a few rubber bushes ect needing replaced but all very minor. Only bad part was that we discovered the coilovers are goosed. Lots of play in the front and the rears are going also. So all in I'm quite happy apart from that. Was really concerned about rust issues as lost my last evo to this. So,now to look for a decent set of adjustable coilovers at a decent price.

Plan is mot,service,underseal,new coilovers all round then get it booked in to get suspension,camber ect dialed in and get out and enjoy the car before deciding on some engine mods.

Rides
    I'm a big fan of the V Evo's. I just rebuilt the engine in my VIII and they're a hugely tuneable engine. Mine is running around 550bhp now and you can't compare it to much else... It spins all four wheels in 2nd gear!

A mate took me out in his VI with a IX turbo on it at around 1.8 bar with HKS 264's in it and that was a very quick car. They're very easy to tune but can get expensive to repair, as I found out.