Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW stainless low mount sr20 manifold

Rides
    Here is mine,

It's now running, sounds the absolute tits. Required mods to the breather system but nothing drastic.
    Mapping soon, that'll tell but I see no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    how do you manage to weld all the hidden sorta bits?

Rides
    I like it very nice

Rides
    Is anyone allowed to pass an actual opinion on it? Or will they be crucified for daring to buy different?

I very much look forward to seeing some dyno comparisons on this manifold vs. any other manifold, since there are absolutely none so far and yet some of the forum are still raving about it being pretty much the best low mount in the world.

Good work Wardy and Warby lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Is anyone allowed to pass an actual opinion on it? Or will they be crucified for daring to buy different?

I very much look forward to seeing some dyno comparisons on this manifold vs. any other manifold, since there are absolutely none so far and yet some of the forum are still raving about it being pretty much the best low mount in the world.

Good work Wardy and Warby lol
    You'll find no raving or fan boy-ing from me but I will tell you why I bought this and you can tell me if I'm wrong, an idiot or whether it makes sense.

My s14 is a rotting drift car that sees occasional road use, so I'm not willing to spend double or triple on a full race, tomei or similar. I am aware these big money manifolds may be the absolute tits or unbreakable with proven power gains over 'lesser' products but all I want is a strong manifold, which I'd say wardy's will be, it looks pretty bloody good but time will tell!

A bit of background; I bought a hdev manifold about 18 months ago and fitted it, looked nice, had jez's testing behind it, was supposed to be strong and was the most expensive of the "chinaspeed" manifolds. 12 months after fitting it cracked badly and the mounting faces were warped. Whilst trying to effect a repair I noticed an obstruction in one runner. The runner was restricted so much by a piece of metal I couldn't get my thumb through it, this can't be good. This from a manifold hyped up as genuinely helping performance and being really strong. Oh it sounded shit too, like a bloody Subaru.

When I bought my new turbo I wanted a tubular manifold but wasn't going to buy another chinaspeed jobby and so wardy's manifold popped up, I really liked the look of it, it's made with proper material, the price was within budget and it was available quickly, even if I lose 10-20hp compared with someone that bought expensive manifolds I'll be over the moon. I was aware of full race, tomei, hks & 6boost etc but genuinely couldn't justify spending that amount especially as I still want an LSD and a power fc to get it mapped.

So for me it came down to price and prioritising mods / cash available for my car. I have other expensive hobbies and car interests so I have to spread it round and try to get some sort of value for money. Proving value with this manifold will come if, in 2 years time, it hasn't broken and makes good power after mapping but surely it can't be total shite? If it proves to be total shite then fair do I'll have to spend more on something 'better'.

My mate was impressed enough by mine to buy one of wardy's manifolds for his rb26/k27 setup.

So far I'm happy with my purchase and I think that is all that really matters when buying anything.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by warby View Post
    You'll find no raving or fan boy-ing from me but I will tell you why I bought this and you can tell me if I'm wrong, an idiot or whether it makes sense.

My s14 is a rotting drift car that sees occasional road use, so I'm not willing to spend double or triple on a full race, tomei or similar. I am aware these big money manifolds may be the absolute tits or unbreakable with proven power gains over 'lesser' products but all I want is a strong manifold, which I'd say wardy's will be, it looks pretty bloody good but time will tell!

A bit of background; I bought a hdev manifold about 18 months ago and fitted it, looked nice, had jez's testing behind it, was supposed to be strong and was the most expensive of the "chinaspeed" manifolds. 12 months after fitting it cracked badly and the mounting faces were warped. Whilst trying to effect a repair I noticed an obstruction in one runner. The runner was restricted so much by a piece of metal I couldn't get my thumb through it, this can't be good. This from a manifold hyped up as genuinely helping performance and being really strong. Oh it sounded shit too, like a bloody Subaru.

When I bought my new turbo I wanted a tubular manifold but wasn't going to buy another chinaspeed jobby and so wardy's manifold popped up, I really liked the look of it, it's made with proper material, the price was within budget and it was available quickly, even if I lose 10-20hp compared with someone that bought expensive manifolds I'll be over the moon. I was aware of full race, tomei, hks & 6boost etc but genuinely couldn't justify spending that amount especially as I still want an LSD and a power fc to get it mapped.

So for me it came down to price and prioritising mods / cash available for my car. I have other expensive hobbies and car interests so I have to spread it round and try to get some sort of value for money. Proving value with this manifold will come if, in 2 years time, it hasn't broken and makes good power after mapping but surely it can't be total shite? If it proves to be total shite then fair do I'll have to spend more on something 'better'.

My mate was impressed enough by mine to buy one of wardy's manifolds for his rb26/k27 setup.

So far I'm happy with my purchase and I think that is all that really matters when buying anything.

Can't argue with that!

Wardys manifold is offering a kind of middle ground, the cheap 'chinaspeed' as you call it ones are more than likely pretty untested quality wise, where as this is top quality. Then at the other end the fancy expensive ones are obviously top quality but are also well tested for what gains etc the give but that comes at a price. Wardys are cheaper, just as good quality but so far untested performance wise. Once they have been tested we can settle this disagreement once and for all!

Rides
    Nope, can't argue with that at all Warby. I think your reasoning is perfect and it's a good investment if it works.

Different people want different things, you've got something you want and that's all there is to it.

Nicely put