Thread: Pulsar vzr sr16ve daily driver/weekend wrecker

Rides

Pulsar vzr sr16ve daily driver/weekend wrecker

I picked this up a good while ago it was feeling abit sorry for itself with no front indicators and no rear lights and fairly bad/seized brakes at the time I didn't have much free time so I just took it home and parked it up after a quick service as it badly needed it as it seemed as tho it hadn't been serviced in quiet some time the oil was like tar.I picked up a few bits for the car along the way drilled and grooved front discs,new pads front and rear,a quick refresh of the brake fluid with 5.1,indicators, rear lights,a fresher set of door hinges,wing mirrors,magnecore uprated leads,new set of spark plugs,gearbox oil change,reconditioned front and rear callipers,uniroyal rainsports all round for now probably a few more bits aswell but can't remember
    Mileage is about 100,000kms so it is fresh enough

Anyway a few pictures help i suppose
    This is when I got her

And her currently

Future plans are coilovers,n1 cams and mapping, handling is one of the biggest things I will be focusing on not too pushed on how car looks once they go well and handle even better

Rides
    So I was using this as a daily driver for a few weeks got a bit fed up of the poor fuel economy and noise interior (getting old lol) and to be fair it just isn't a 180sx lol I was doing over 2000kms a week travelling from limerick to lexlip everyday so i picked up a 6 speed A4 with cruise control but that hasn't stopped me rocking on with the pulsar
    I done a few bits for the nct and dropped it in and only failed on emmissions and rear shock imbalance so I sorted the emmissions and popped these babies in today

And ended up with this

Only until January but I'll pop her in for a re test in nov

So next on the list is to give her a service and pop in n1 cams and 4-2-1 exhaust and decat then look at the cat back as I'm not entirely happy with the current set up and find most vzr after market cat backs cheap inferior 304 stainless with a heavy price tag so it might be a possibility that I will make up a custom one using 316 stainless

Rides
    That's interesting and different, I know little at all about them but still I like the planned mods list
    you going to dyno it before the cams and exhaust bits go on?, as a before and after would be cool
    some newer cars the exhaust is very restrictive, and cats are just pure evil and must be destroyed
    (weighed in for scrap,or refitted for test)

Rides
    They should be 175 Bhp out of the box when new but I'm sure it has lost a few ponies along the way,I doubt I'll Dyno it before the bits get done as its a bit of a spin to the nearest Dyno but I'd say with the few bits done to it I'll have 175bhp it will be on a Dyno dynamics Dyno
    Yeah the standard exhaust is definitely restrictive the back box broke on the car at one stage the noise was very irritating but there definitely was a power increase,I have a apexi induction kit fitted but from what I have gathered from most of the vzrs lads over here is that I will lose a few Bhp as the standard air box is the best set up unless pushing a bigger cc engine

Rides
    So I decided to sell this on I had agreed a deal with a p/x for a 180? But he changed his mind so I went on the prowl for another s body and sold this along with a few of aftermarket parts I had picked up along the way,I will have a update on what car I picked up in the mean time to play with ;-) on the plus side i started a new job with a company van so that give me a few extra quid to put in to weekend toys

All in Vzr's are a fun little car but have shit fuel economy (worse than my sil80) and you really have to drive the bag out of it to get it to move