Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone wanted to sell a car because they don't like the owners club? Not sxoc btw :)

Rides
    I remember years ago someone joined up here, got a bit of ribbing for one reason or another and then left in a huff saying they were going to sell the car
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I have!
    Here you go then: http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/forumdisplay...odies-For-Sale

Is the club fairly new retardrift? The 350Z OC I found pretty difficult going to start with but as people get used to the cars and the club its improved immensely, you might find the same thing happens
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Doesn't matter what the car is, just post your question here, you still get far better answers than anywhere else

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    I found the bmw forums a bit kak, there just seamed to be too much "leave it to the dealer" for me.

Rides
    you want to go on the volvo owners forum, there good with mecanical issues, well as good as you can be with all the electric gubbins but the one bit that really annoys me is when someone puts a review up of a set of tyres or asks a question about getting some new rubber, if it's not the same make and model as what came out of the factory then you get responses like " i hope your telling your insurance company" even for silly things like changing the plastic center console to a ally one.

i swear if they take the time to come over here half of them would die of a heart attack.

the only other 2 sites ive sold cars because of the forums are my 300zx and mitsi gto both of them were a crock of shite with keyboard warriors with bad attitudes

Rides
    One of the rotary forums was a bit hard up till the point they banned me for putting a sr in a rx8. I only wanted a indicator and bumper cowling aswell. Tho the other forums have been helpful.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    Doesn't matter what the car is, just post your question here, you still get far better answers than anywhere else
    x2; got great info here regardless of the query

I've only joined one VW site since I got the golf 3 years ago and as above its complete sh!t; they idolize some bell-end who posted a video of himself driving down a country road at speed with his chassis rails scraping the road but I can't get answers to any question I have because I used to own a japanese car (couldn't have been bothered dreaming up a new username) and all japanese cars are complete rubbish yet a 20 year old polo is worth €4k

Edit:
    But the owners forum is completely unrelated to the fact that the golf is up for sale...
    Last edited by Trial_S15; 13-09-2013 at 13:12.

Rides
    i joined an Audi forum to get some advice on GF's car, what a bunch of jumped up pricks..and i still got little or no help either.

i wouldn't sell a car because of a forum though, almost seems a little extreme

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    One of the rotary forums was a bit hard up till the point they banned me for putting a sr in a rx8. I only wanted a indicator and bumper cowling aswell. Tho the other forums have been helpful.
    Is it running? How hard did you find the job?
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Funny to hear people's different experiences....there is a reason I keep coming on here after 5 years

Well if there are any mechanically minded people with a golf 2.8 v6 4motion then I will be picking your brains for info!

Rides
    No but I bought my S14 based on the technical knowledge within this forum.

You guys rock

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I remember years ago someone joined up here, got a bit of ribbing for one reason or another and then left in a huff saying they were going to sell the car

Rides
    Yes, it was an influencing factor in selling my last car of which I had 2. Numpties, chavs and idiots, very cliquey 'scene' and not particularly helpful people either. Have to say the few people I have met and spoken to on here and s15oc have been super helpful and nice people.

Rides
    I didn't sell my E36 because of forums, but I'm glad I did because everyone who buys them just wants to buy eBay shit coilovers, cheap, skinny tyres and slam it over some BBS RCs. I know a lot of great lads from bmwforums.info and still go on there, but the BMW scene itself is quite boring.

I heard good things about a mate on here before joining up.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Is it running? How hard did you find the job?
    Not running all yhe drive train it done. But due to having to move the steering rack forwards it takes a while to get rid of the bump steer its not the easiest conversion but its doable. It seems everyone wants to do it I've a ton of people wanting mounts of only it was that easy lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dandan View Post
    It didn't entirely persuade me to sell the car, the ridiculous fuel consumption may have been more of a factor in that one, but I did get put off Soarers by being kicked out of the owners club

Apparently the previous owner of the car had 'borrowed' some standard wheels but never paid for them, and then sold the car to me with the wheels on. This resulted in me being directly accused of theft on the forum, and the forum owner, Soarer breaker business owner and self proclaimed king of Soarers decided I should give this guy my wheels.
    The forum owner was a complete megalomaniac, he was the only moderator and he would edit other peoples posts if they disagreed with him, it was pretty ridiculous, like arguing with a child with a shotgun, so I may have made a few comments about his dubious heritage and limited sexual capacity and left.

Most of the guys on the forum were ok, but it was ridiculously clique-y so very hard to break into.

Hang on, Jem sold me that car, it's all his fault!
    Haha I remember that! The ownership of the wheels was never in doubt, I had bought them from a good friend who was working away at the time, and it was a very simple agreement I'd pay him when I next met up with him. Said friend had no issue at all, they were only the standard Soarer wheels, and I owed him all of £50. Said friend was very much in the, 'Sort it out when we next have a pint, mean time get your car sold mate' camp. While it was none of 'Self proclaimed king of Soarers' business, he took it upon himself to make an issue of me selling a car with wheels on it which had not technically been paid for And just as agreed, a pint was had, monies were paid, and everyone was happy, apart from 'self proclaimed king of Soarers'

Back on topic, I used to own a Soarer, and now don't

Rides
    I found this with Mazda rotary club but worst of all was m3cutters! What a bunch of whoppers they are.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Someone needs a big hug...come on everybody! (notice the smiley mate, I'm just messing).
    Head locks are in this year I hear.

Brody you need to sell it and buy a VW camper as you soooooooo look like you drive one.

To keep big gay dave happy you should SR said camper.

Rides
    An SR camper.....interesting!