Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stressed now! How many 200's would i have got for this!

Rides
    Just totted up the optional extras! £6975

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Thats a very nice purchase indeed, sure it'll be super fast and excellently German! Good buy!
    Last edited by Ross.; 12-09-2013 at 19:54.

Rides
    Its always nice havinga new car. Might have opted for Rs4 rather than s4 but still nice.

Just don't look at the deprecation brand new 32 grand e class 13 months later traded in for 21 grand pain full.

Might want to have a look at abt and stasis tuning your dealer car fit the upgrades and you keep the warranty.

Rides
    Get GAP protection then get someone to steal it in a couple of years!! Ha

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
    Thats a very nice purchase indeed, sure it'll be super fast and excellently German! Good buy!
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    Its always nice havinga new car. Might have opted for Rs4 rather than s4 but still nice.

Just don't look at the deprecation brand new 32 grand e class 13 months later traded in for 21 grand pain full.

Might want to have a look at abt and stasis tuning your dealer car fit the upgrades and you keep the warranty.
    Oof that's a high depreciation getting the rs4 would have meant selling the 200 and then buying a runaround,then i'd just have an rs4 sat in the garage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
    Get GAP protection then get someone to steal it in a couple of years!! Ha
    Lol,tempting

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Rides
    Nothing wrong with spending 30K on a car if you can afford it and its what you want.

If 30K is a lot of money to you (it is to most people but it depends) and you feel you've "settled" for it when you had your heart set on something else, then I'd say start wriggling out of it.

If its over 3K, I always go away and think about it so no impulse buys and lots of times I'm glad I didn't within about 30 minutes. Only once did I go back for something and it was too late.

..or did I miss the point and its about "Is the S4 a nice car or not ?"

Rides
    Fantastic choice mate,

Didn't Clarkson race the two mountain climbers and then watch them parachute back down the cliff in one of these? He said it was awesome IIRC

I think they're epic motors and would love a good nose around it next time I see you

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Sheet View Post
    Fantastic choice mate,

Didn't Clarkson race the two mountain climbers and then watch them parachute back down the cliff in one of these? He said it was awesome IIRC
    From memory that was the older B7 RS4.

Chris Harris has picked up a very used and abused B8 S4, that's used as the camera car and has generally said good things about them. Rather partial to a good tune up as well.

Rides
    Nice dude Especially with the B&O system thats mega bucks on its own! I like that MMI system in the Audis' even their system alone is good let alone the Bang and Olufsen! Lovely place to be in there by the looks of it

Rides
    Tis a handsome beast!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Nothing wrong with spending 30K on a car if you can afford it and its what you want.

If 30K is a lot of money to you (it is to most people but it depends) and you feel you've "settled" for it when you had your heart set on something else, then I'd say start wriggling out of it.

If its over 3K, I always go away and think about it so no impulse buys and lots of times I'm glad I didn't within about 30 minutes. Only once did I go back for something and it was too late.

..or did I miss the point and its about "Is the S4 a nice car or not ?"
    Not regretting it! its just that moment when you commit to something,come off the phone and think what have I done! I have saved 3 bonuses and worked nearly 100 o'time shifts to save for this,so it is a lot of money to me! it will have to last me 10 years now
    Fantastic choice mate,

I think they're epic motors and would love a good nose around it next time I see you
    Thanks ***,will sort something out,will hopefully try to come up for your lots xmas do this year.will bring it up! (If I can still afford the fuel )
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    From memory that was the older B7 RS4.

Chris Harris has picked up a very used and abused B8 S4, that's used as the camera car and has generally said good things about them. Rather partial to a good tune up as well.
    Sounds good mate
    Quote Originally Posted by cChance View Post
    Nice dude Especially with the B&O system thats mega bucks on its own! I like that MMI system in the Audis' even their system alone is good let alone the Bang and Olufsen! Lovely place to be in there by the looks of it
    Looking forward to trying out the sounds especially after driving a 14 yr old clio with just a tape deck for the last month

Quote Originally Posted by retardrift View Post
    Tis a handsome beast!
    Thanks Bud

Rides
    Current list is around £40K + £7K options. So in 3/4 years it's lost £19K? £5K / year.

Compared to renting a new 316i BMW at £3588 / year and £1794 up front it's a much better deal and it's not going to be losing much more than £4K / year now.
    http://www.stratstone.com/new_offers...Offer_Option=1

I couldn't bring myself to spent that on a car. I've never spent more than £3K on a car and that lasted 10 years. The 2 I have on the road cost £1400 each and 2/3 years later both are still worth about that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    Current list is around £40K + £7K options. So in 3/4 years it's lost £19K? £5K / year.

Compared to renting a new 316i BMW at £3588 / year and £1794 up front it's a much better deal and it's not going to be losing much more than £4K / year now.

I couldn't bring myself to spent that on a car. I've never spent more than £3K on a car and that lasted 10 years. The 2 I have on the road cost £1400 each and 2/3 years later both are still worth about that.
    Plus I did get them down almost £2k

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post

Only on the SXOC could we draw a comparison between buying a 1400 quid car and a 30 grand Audi S4... The chap's worked hard and bought a car he really wanted, why all the smug "well that will be rubbish won't it, you could have bought a XXX for £300 and it would be more fun to drive" shite?

Very nice car dude, enjoy it. Seems like a good mix between performance and having all the kit to be a really nice place to spend hours in, but without the running costs of a B7 RS4 etc.

Rides
    Be great to see you mate (and have a nose around your new monster!) I think it'll be Bath or Cambridge this year (I better crack on and get it organised!)

Rides
    Personally think it's a great choice, enjoy.

I wonder how many people on the forum have actually driven one...

Rides
    Very nice Paul that looks like a real nice place to sit

Rides
    i think its a great decision as you've worked hard enough to pay for a 30k car so good on ya. Im sure after a few blasts you'll know it was a good choice as its pretty much perfect allrounder

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavbo View Post
    Only on the SXOC could we draw a comparison between buying a 1400 quid car and a 30 grand Audi S4... The chap's worked hard and bought a car he really wanted, why all the smug "well that will be rubbish won't it, you could have bought a XXX for £300 and it would be more fun to drive" shite?

Very nice car dude, enjoy it. Seems like a good mix between performance and having all the kit to be a really nice place to spend hours in, but without the running costs of a B7 RS4 etc.
    Thanks mate,yep you've hit the nail on the head with my line of thinking mate

Be great to see you mate (and have a nose around your new monster!) I think it'll be Bath or Cambridge this year (I better crack on and get it organised!)
    Lol,look forward to that mate! Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    Very nice Paul that looks like a real nice place to sit
    Thanks Rory,hows your German steed going?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    i think its a great decision as you've worked hard enough to pay for a 30k car so good on ya. Im sure after a few blasts you'll know it was a good choice as its pretty much perfect allrounder
    Thanks mate, I think its around 120, 12 hour overtime shifts

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a View Post
    Thanks Rory,hows your German steed going?
    Im real happy with it, nice place to be but goes quick too. Much like this new Audi of yours . Lot to be said for a do all car.