Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1991 200SX S13 Executive 1 owner from new 41175 miles

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 69fb View Post
    Yea I got it just need to sort collection as its 300 miles from me. Only wanted an s13 for around 7 years but never been in the right place at the right time lol.

Initial plans are to get it back up to scratch, sort all the minor bodywork bits out and just enjoy using it. Long term not really sure, I may convert to manual gearbox however it will be staying as close to original as possible with maybe subtle upgrades like better brake discs and pads, etc.

Hopefully get to meet a few members if there are any meets not to far away from me!

Thanks
    Ian

Wanted one to enjoy and cherish rather than hammer around tracks or drift (id of bought a tatty one if that was the plan) It will be replacing my '89 mr2 which also had low owners and just 76k miles. The 200sx is in better condition than my current car though.
    Fantastic news . I hope you look after it and enjoy it .

Rides
    Here's a thread on (how not to) weld bootlids that I doubt I will ever forget. Its entertaining simply because the guy was absolutely clueless.

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...ow-To-Paint-it!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Here's a thread on (how not to) weld bootlids that I doubt I will ever forget. Its entertaining simply because the guy was absolutely clueless.
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...ow-To-Paint-it!
    Haha that was a quality read... cheers Jonny...!!
    Oh and I found my car keys..!

Rides
    Haha wow. yea I shouldnt laugh if i tried to fix it I'd probably do worse. But I have the sense not to try DIY body repairs unless I know what iI'm doing.
    Is it best to try and source a replacement panel as oppose to fixing this one? Guna hazard a guess that Nissan dont sell them, and if they do it costs £lots?

Rides
    It depends on how bad the rust is. I've never heard of anyone fitting a new OEM bootlid so I expect they are extortionately expensive or no longer available. You could ring Nissan and ask, just for a laugh mind you.

You can get carbon fibre or fibreglass bootlids but they aren't cheap.

Secondhand, there are a few about as cars get broken but the chances of it being in better condition than your own is fairly minimal unless yours is really bad.

A good bodyshop should be able to fix it with metal, sealer and a skim fill for less than a new bootlid. Remember, if you buy a new or secondhand lid, you are still going to have to paint it.

Rides
    Will see once i get the spoiler off but it does look quite bad, luckily the boot floor has not been damaged by damp getting in.

Not a fan of carbon fiber but I guess it could be painted as a last resort. I do know places who do a lot of resto work on old cars but they tend to be made of thicker sheet metal.

Once I get the car I will be able to assess it better, hopefully Sunday the 30th as I have friends traveling to south to catch a flight out of one of the London airports.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronster! View Post
    Haha that was a quality read... cheers Jonny...!!
    Oh and I found my car keys..!
    About time, where were they? (where you left them?)