Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Nobody thought Damon would do well as Bourne so you never know

Rides
    It will completely **** the film up!
    People will be watching the entire thing hoping someone will beat Batman to death, the leave disappointed when it doesn't happen

We need Adam West back:

"Nobody messes with Adam We................"
    Last edited by R3K1355; 23-08-2013 at 10:58.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Right.... lets set the ground rules....He's not replacing Bale as this Batman has **** ALL to do with Nolan's universe. This is a new idea of Batman, nothing like the gritty Nolan universe.

Remember the outcry about Ledger as the Joker....give the man a chance. Affleck is a comicbook fan and he will know the pressure the fans will place on him.

I think he'll do good TBH, with Kevin Smith no doubt giving him hints and tips it will be good. One thing to rememeber is he is starring along side Henry Caville as Superman so they need a similar actor.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Remember the outcry about Ledger as the Joker....give the man a chance. Affleck is a comicbook fan and he will know the pressure the fans will place on him.
    Not seen Daredevil?

Quote Originally Posted by Affleck, after playing the above role
    By playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero. Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Not seen Daredevil?
    VERY this...!!!

Rides
    Daredevil suffered for various reasons, not just Affleck. Christ, Colin Farrell's portrayal of Bullseye was horrific but yet no one seems to mention that! Apparently the Directors Cut is a far better movie for Affleck at least.

I think he was burned and he's been given a chance to redeem himself.

Rides
    TBH, I think I'm sceptical chiefly because, in my eyes, he has VERY big shoes to fill. One thing straight - I'm not into graphic novels, so the authenticity of the character isn't a factor for me, but IMHO the Nolan films were an absolute tour de force. There was some incredible casting in there - Bale was fantastic, and I'm not sure that Ledger could have performed a more perfect final role - a complete antidote to some of his previous stuff, that showed a real breadth of talent.
    The last 'Trilogy' were so well done that, related or not, Batmans in the near future have a LOT to live up to.

ETA: I'm with you on Farrell. I basically think he should be banned from films though

Rides
    Right.... lets set the ground rules....He's not replacing Bale as this Batman has **** ALL to do with Nolan's universe. This is a new idea of Batman, nothing like the gritty Nolan universe.

I think he'll do good TBH, with Kevin Smith no doubt giving him hints and tips it will be good. One thing to rememeber is he is starring along side Henry Caville as Superman so they need a similar actor.
    Apart from Nolan is producing Superman and the same person has written both the Batman and Superman films.

Rides
    I'm with you on the "alot to live up to" but only when talking about Batman Begins and Dark Knight as I feel DKR was a bit of a let down. I felt it was a little "meh". People just need to try and seperate the film worlds too. Warner Brothers and DC need to market this in such a way as it shows a completly different batman. I really hope we don't get a "i'm talking while eating a bag of gravel" batman again...

Quote Originally Posted by frisbee View Post
    Apart from Nolan is producing Superman and the same person has written both the Batman and Superman films.
    Yes in the real world Nolan has involvement but as a cinematic universe goes, the batman shown in the "Nolan Trilogy" has ZERO ties with the Batman we will see in Superman & Batman.

Rides
    He can act pretty well, he showed this in Argo, The Town and Boiler Room, I think he should be pretty good

Lots of people thought Daniel Craig would be an awful Bond, but he's probably the best there's been

Rides
    The gayest Batman ever still has to be Val Kilmer in Batman Forever closely followed by George Clooney

This will be the 4th version of Batman i will have seen (Hopefully ) so i`m with Rubix on this lets just see what happens and judge it on its own merits

Rides
    Remember the outcry about Ledger as the Joker....give the man a chance.
    But Ledger could act, Afflek well..........

Rides
    Affleck is a better director than actor, although generally that wouldn't be difficult. Bale is menacing and believable as the troubled hero, Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney, er, not so much, so maybe another crap choice will be ok

Rides
    ah fiddlesticks! i thought joseph levitt was going to do it in a sort of nightwing/batman of the future kind of way.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
    ah fiddlesticks! i thought joseph levitt was going to do it in a sort of nightwing/batman of the future kind of way.
    Here we see the issue Warner Brothers/DC have to overcome..... this film has ZERO ties with Batman Begins/The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises. Morgan Freeman won't be Fox, Michael Caine will not be Alfred, JGL won't be Robin/Knightwing, etc etc... If they re-cast any member of the previous set of films it will get really tricky to explain to the general public.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    But Ledger could act, Afflek well..........

Rides
    Here we see the issue Warner Brothers/DC have to overcome..... this film has ZERO ties with Batman Begins/The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises. Morgan Freeman won't be Fox, Michael Caine will not be Alfred, JGL won't be Robin/Knightwing, etc etc... If they re-cast any member of the previous set of films it will get really tricky to explain to the general public.
    I just have a problem with these "versus" films - what next? Robocop versus Terminator?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I just have a problem with these "versus" films - what next? Robocop versus Terminator?
    That was an awesome video game on the megadrive so who knows it might make an awesome movie. I was under the impression that it would be a Justice League movie as opposed to a Batman Vs Superman movie.