Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The road to 8a

Rides
    Perfectly do-able target, if you are generally fit, or like yourself, doing other exercise as well as climbing, the best thing you can do to improve your grades is just climb as much as possible.
    Getting serious mileage under your belt will improve your sport specific strength and stamina more than any gym-based training regime could, not to mention improving the main limiting factor for new climbers - technique.

Good luck, have fun!

Rides
    That's the hardest part really I think, plus my stamina climbing isn't the best right now. After I've done 10 problems I've lost the best of my strength as I'm relying on it rather than technique. People do try and help you out a lot though, its a very friendly atmosphere.

Rides
    I'm still alive, still injured but still alive!
    Went to Portland on Saturday against advice from my physio, but I was getting depressed with the lack of climbing so I considered it a medicinal visit. Didn't do anything over 6b, although I did have to be physically restrained from trying a 7a, which was probably for the best as my finger appears to have survived the day intact.

Also, my friends Jason and Claire are FINALLY back from the worlds longest roadtrip (18 months+) and jason has put up a video of the last few weeks in Fontainebleau, which can be thoroughly enjoyed via this handy link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwLqz8ekSFs
    Even if you don't spot my appearance at 1.58 which, in 5 seconds depicts all of the hard climbing that I did for the entire holiday (boo), you can enjoy the video as Jason has got some fantastic editing skills, as well as a good eye for setting up a shot.