Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: whats your best 1/4 mile?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Mines subframe is pretty solid as I'm running powerflex black series bushes and I still got loads of tramp. If I lowered my launch rpm I'd of been a fair bit quicker I'm sure.

Was your day wet or dry? Pod is pretty grippy isn't it?

I've just picked up an auto diff which I'm sure won't help the launch but will be better once rolling
    an Auto diff in my experience transforms the car, for the first week or so you'll be bouncing it of the limiter as it comes around so quickly on emergency starts

Rides
    Pod was dry but it wasn't warm at all so it wasn't as grippy as it should be. The left lanes wasn't prepped but the right was as there were a few comp cars testing there.
    I'm gonna start by putting the diff bushes in first to see if that cures the tramping but as I was ordering from GKTech I decided I might as well go mad and order the solid subframe bushes and the weld in reinforcement plates too. A friend a I were also planning to chuck a 25kg bag of sand in the spare wheel well to see if the extra weight would help with traction, just as a test. It's only a couple of quid and if it doesnt work, we can just bin it before leaving.
    I raced my old S14a a few years ago that had similar power and a 3.7 diff and found that i was hitting the top of 3rd gear too close to the end to make it worth changing into 4th, with the 4.083, I'm into 4th for a good few seconds before crossing
    Last edited by Mike41288; 22-03-2017 at 22:45.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yeah I was short shifting in to 4th to get a higher terminal speed.

Weight in the boot may help tbh. Interested to hear your findings
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yeah I was short shifting in to 4th to get a higher terminal speed.

Weight in the boot may help tbh. Interested to hear your findings
    Out of curiosity, how much did it cost you to get your racelogic traction control installed and set up? I've had an analog version in a box for a few years that I've finally got round to getting it fitted, but I've been getting some worst case prices of around £600+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Don't think 15's will fit over the z32 brakes, 16's will though

Not sure throwing on stock suspension would help too much without getting it all realigned? Definitely don't want to roll around on them regularly. Spring rates on the hsd's are currently 8/6 which I want to drop down to 6/4s which may help.

what I really need is a dry day to see how it goes. I tested the launch control on a private dry road nearer home and it left like a scoulded cat

Thanks for the advice and I'll look in to it more when I know what I'm working with
    16's fit perfect, I have a pair of r32 gtr alloys for the rear of mine which I use for dragging, tire pressures set to 19/20psi for me although this is personal preference, the lower the better as it relieves the wheels spin(providing tires are warm).

I have an S14, when I was running 300bhp I was doing 13.3 at 101, now running 400bhp and 12.8 at 114. I have BC Coilovers, front set to full hard and the rears set to full soft,

Santa pod is grippy, once prepped!

Rides
    Bump of an old thread.
    Been Santa Pod twice so far since it reopened, had really mixed results! First day was 4 degrees and drizzle all day so I only got 2 runs in that were both horrible due to what I perceived to be axle tramp even though everything in the back is solid mounted. Ended up running a 14.3 @ 106 with a 2.65 60ft which is awful. Changed the gearbox mount and the tramping seemed to be better testing on a private road so I went back for the Saturday night special and ran 13.88 @ 108 with a 2.55 60ft which is a bit more like it but still had issues on the run. Had a few more runs that were just shocking, so much "tramp" but I managed to run a 13.77 @ 108 with a 2.48 60ft by the end of the day which was still slower than I know the car has in it going by the terminal speed, the car having a blowing exhaust gasket and other unknown problems. Will be going again in mid June after changing the alignment and fixing the gasket and raising the rear suspension!

Anyone who hasn't been to Santa Pod since they resurfaced it, it's well worth going now as it's such a good surface, even for street tires!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    Bump of an old thread.
    Been Santa Pod twice so far since it reopened, had really mixed results! First day was 4 degrees and drizzle all day so I only got 2 runs in that were both horrible due to what I perceived to be axle tramp even though everything in the back is solid mounted. Ended up running a 14.3 @ 106 with a 2.65 60ft which is awful. Changed the gearbox mount and the tramping seemed to be better testing on a private road so I went back for the Saturday night special and ran 13.88 @ 108 with a 2.55 60ft which is a bit more like it but still had issues on the run. Had a few more runs that were just shocking, so much "tramp" but I managed to run a 13.77 @ 108 with a 2.48 60ft by the end of the day which was still slower than I know the car has in it going by the terminal speed, the car having a blowing exhaust gasket and other unknown problems. Will be going again in mid June after changing the alignment and fixing the gasket and raising the rear suspension!

Anyone who hasn't been to Santa Pod since they resurfaced it, it's well worth going now as it's such a good surface, even for street tires!
    This is good to hear! Had my cd009 gearbox fitted last year and dying to try it out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    Bump of an old thread.

Stock 200sx auto - ok boost t

Rides
    ...and all these years later my underpowered roller-skate is supposedly doing circa mid 14s...according to an app lol

But then it did say i managed 5.8 to 60 which also seems a little... optimistic.