Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brake Kit Groupbuy August 2013 GB

Flamethrower
    Rides

Big Brake Kit Groupbuy August 2013 GB

Hi Guys

Exciting times ahead.

We have now changed supplier of our brake discs, over the past few years the prices for Brembo brake discs has been going up and up and as such my prices have been too We are now proud to announce that we have found a new supplier of brake discs, these discs are extremely high quality and I'm happy to put my name to them and put my life in the hands of them.

We are now able to get these discs cheaper than Brembo were supplying them to us for too, so we are passing the savings on to you.

Another main benefit of these discs is that they are more flexible with how you want the discs to look, i.e. plain, grooved, or grooved and drilled.

These are the options:-

What do Big Brake Kits do?

The main reasons for upgrading the brakes is quite simple, to be able to STOP. The brake kits found on the 200SX/Skyline were considered very good off the production line, and are still better than most modern car brakes (well average cars). The problem with them is that once you start asking more than what a factory car would ask then you start hitting problems, whether it's braking power overall or brake fade from pads of fluid boiling. As soon as you start increasing the power of your 200SX/Skyline or use your car on track you soon realise that the standard brakes won't keep up with your driving style.

To remedy this I offer 2 types of front Big Brake kits:-

The first kits are ones which utilise the standard S14/S14a/S15/300ZX or R33 GTS-T calipers and use a larger disc, the principal behind this is that the caliper is spaced further out and as such has a much greater braking force than the standard 280/296mm position. The other main benefit is that the larger discs dissipate heat quicker due to the larger surface area, as such reduces the chance of fade. I guess the third benefit is they look great behind bigger wheels rather than the brakes looking lost behind your 18's etc.

The are what the kits look like (Disc styles vary)

I also offer Wilwood brake kits which we at DB-Power build up all ready to fit onto your 200SX/Skyline/350Z

These come with calipers, pads, discs, hoses and of course the fitting kit. The Wilwood calipers a light but very powerful caliper, the pistons are much larger than the pistons found on the 200SX/Skyline front calipers and you soon realise that when you need them most.

There is a third kit while I'm at it, and that is the excellent 345mm kit I offer that use the Mitsubishi Evo 6-9 Brembo Calipers. This kit overall offers the best performance vs price out of all the kits I offer. Evo calipers can be found for around £150 the pair and when pieced with this kit it works out to around £450 for a brake kit which will suit 99% of SXOC'ers.

The kits come with the following:-

330mm & 345mm Kits using S14/S14a/S15/Z32 or R33 GTS-T - Discs, Adaptor Brackets, bolts and fitting instructions.
    330mm & 345mm Wilwood kits - Calipers (2), Discs, Pads, Braided Hoses, brackets and bolts
    345mm Kit using Evo calipers - Discs, Hoses, Adaptor Brackets, bolts and fitting instructions.

Wheel Clearance

330mm kits need about 380mm of clearance (17" wheels)
    345mm kits need about 400mm of clearance (18" wheels)

Prices

Kits using S14/S14a/S15/Z32/R32 GTR/R33 GTS-T calipers (please mention when ordering)

- 330mm Plain big brake kit £235 (a saving of £62.40)
    - 330mm Patterned big brake kit £265 (a saving of £68.91)
    - 345mm Plain big brake kit £245 (a saving of £61.38)
    - 345mm Patterned big brake kit £275 (a saving of £67.13)

Wilwood Big Brake Kits

- 330mm Plain Wilwood Kit £560
    - 330mm Grooved Wilwood Kit £580
    - 345mm Plain Wilwood Kit £570
    - 345mm Grooved Wilwood Kit £590

Big Brake Kits using Evo 6-9 Calipers

- 345mm Plain Evo Kit £275
    - 345mm Grooved Evo Kit £285

Why DB-Power?

We have been trading since 2004 and pride ourselves on good customer service and excellent after care. If you buy from us feel confident that you will receive the help you deserve if for any unlikely reason a problem arise. We have sold 100's of brake kits and we really know what we are doing in regards to your safety and product reliability.

How Groupbuys work

Groupbuys allow us to offer products to our customers cheaper because of two main reason, 1) It allows us more buying power with our supplier, as such we can pass the savings onto you the customer, 2) Financial commitment, instead of having stock sitting on our shelves which in turn cost us money, by selling an item via a groupbuy means that the product doesn't even get to our shelves.

The way we offer a groupbuy is quite simple, we ask for a £20 deposit which in turn gets your name put on the list in post 2 on this thread. We then ask for the remaining of the balance inc shipping, at the end of the group buy date. Once payments are received we will then order the goods from the manufacturers/suppliers. Once the goods are received by DB-Power we will ship them as quick as we can, we won't dilly dally on this, after all they are your goods.

Start Date:- 31/07/2013
    Finishes:- 31/08/2013
    Deposit:- £20 via paypal to sales@db-power.co.uk (Please add username and car type to payment)
    Full Payment on:- 01/09/2013
    Shipping:- £13 within UK, £32 within Europe

If you can help broadcast this groupbuy so we can get maximum exposure.

PHP Code:
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="green"]Join DB-Power's Big Brake Group Buy - Massive Discounts[URL="http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?555395-Big-Brake-Kit-Groupbuy-August-2013-GB&p=6455655#post6455655"] here[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE] 
    [/B][/CENTER] 
    Dan
    Last edited by Dan@DB-Power; 01-08-2013 at 11:11.

Rides
    Do you know how much clearance is needed for the 345mm Wilwood kit?

Rides
    Dan,

Do you think you could get a Wilwood kit to suit my JZX100?

Rides
    Will be after the grooved evo kit please. Just sourcing calipers atm.
    Hope it fits under my stupid wheels.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NizmO_no1 View Post
    Do you know how much clearance is needed for the 345mm Wilwood kit?
    Says in the ad bud:

Wheel Clearance

330mm kits need about 380mm of clearance (17" wheels)
    345mm kits need about 400mm of clearance (18" wheels)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkySX View Post
    Says in the ad bud:
    Ahh missed that, should be about the same for Nissan as for Wilwood then.

But would need to know a little more accurate, "about 400mm of clearance" = little bit more or little bit less?
    Measured my 17" Buddy Club and just got 400mm of clearance at Rim -> Disc alignment, slightly narrower at the spokes and almost 20mm more on the other side.
    Will use 30mm spacers on that so depending on offset of the discs and width of the calipers it may fit.

Rides
    I will have a Wilwood grooved brake kit!

I have 17 XXR 527's and I am sure I seen someone using 345mm discs, I will have to confirm then choose my size. Once I have done that I will send deposit

Rides
    I'm using the 345mm Wilwood kit with 17" Work Emotion CR Kai's if that's any help. Offset of 17.

Rides
    Put a pic up mate, would like to see how they fill the wheel

mine are et25 with a 30mm spacer, also are the calipers 6 pot? they look like it but its hard to tell

Thanks

Rides

They are 4 pot buddy and I'm using 15mm at the moment. They do fit straight on without any spacers as well.

Rides
    Ahhh see, 330's would of looked lost lol

About to send deposit for 345's

Rides
    Actually, are there any other style discs available, J grooves or hooks whatever they are called etc?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -Marc- View Post
    Dan,

I'll have a look into this today for you Marc

Quote Originally Posted by MapBoy View Post
    Will be after the grooved evo kit please. Just sourcing calipers atm.
    Hope it fits under my stupid wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by NizmO_no1 View Post
    Ahh missed that, should be about the same for Nissan as for Wilwood then.

But would need to know a little more accurate, "about 400mm of clearance" = little bit more or little bit less?
    Measured my 17" Buddy Club and just got 400mm of clearance at Rim -> Disc alignment, slightly narrower at the spokes and almost 20mm more on the other side.
    Will use 30mm spacers on that so depending on offset of the discs and width of the calipers it may fit.
    Too be fair 400mm is a maximum. I'll have a measure today for a more accurate size

Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    Actually, are there any other style discs available, J grooves or hooks whatever they are called etc?
    Only straight grooved in our grooved range, we have has a look into J hooks etc but for our machinist to reprogram the cnc he would want a bulk order of them with a continuous supply

Why J hooks out of interest?

Rides
    Just fancied something different but no worries

Also you say straight groove but the pic shows curved grooves and I only just noticed the discs are one piece, is there a 2 piece rotor option?

Sorry I am fussy lol

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    Just fancied something different but no worries

Also you say straight groove but the pic shows curved grooves and I only just noticed the discs are one piece, is there a 2 piece rotor option?

Sorry I am fussy lol
    image wasn't working, try looking at the first post again

there isn't a 2 piece option, we looking into it before and the price shot up to over £1200 with 2 piece discs

Rides
    Ahhhh that sucks!

Whats the savings on 345mm Wilwood kit in the group buy? It mentions the savings just for the kit using the GTS-T calipers.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Grooved kits are normall £720 so your saving about £140

Rides
    Deposit sent (345mm Wilwood grooved kit)

I have attached a note to the payment with relevant details

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Received

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -Marc- View Post
    Dan,

Had a read up, it looks like the Supra kits I do will fit, and I can do them for the same price as this GB

Dan