Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fabricage dash Doger

Rides

Fabricage dash Doger

Thought I post some pics of my full s14 cage built by Pete at fabricage.
    With in three days he built it .brilliant workmanship very happy with it
    The cage is out and gone for paint it was put in the car to get it home before paint
    Here is some pics .

Rides
    Cant see the reasoning behind it? Why not just go through dash with straight leg? Can be made to look tidy easily.

Looks as if its well off the A Pillar too, restricting view..

Rides
    No I don't want it through the dash I got a cage as I have carbon doors and cards just for the door bars .
    And no it don't restrict the view I will take a pic when I have it back in so you can see its clear

Rides
    Never been a fan of dash-dodgers, you lose a lot of strength adding that bend into it, and I'd rather have a cage for function, not because I don't want to cut my pretty dash. Have you also had it welded to one of the early Apex cages with those strange bar mounts?

Rides
    This is for cards doors

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Windley View Post
    This is for cards doors
    You dont need a dash dodger for the bars to clear door cards

Rides
    I don't need it to go through the dash .what it's matter it's my car I couldn't care like I said Its just some protection for me as the doors are so thin that's it!

Rides
    As above, the a-pillar bars don't interfere with the door cards, only the door bars.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    Never been a fan of dash-dodgers, you lose a lot of strength adding that bend into it, and I'd rather have a cage for function, not because I don't want to cut my pretty dash. Have you also had it welded to one of the early Apex cages with those strange bar mounts?
    That's what you Like and read above says why I have them .

Rides
    dash dodgers are alright if the legs go straight down, dont see the point in them otherwise, looks top job though and those door cards look sweet!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    dash dodgers are alright if the legs go straight down, dont see the point in them otherwise, looks top job though and those door cards look sweet!
    Thanks dude I like it looks good and works what I wanted it for .yer the cards a seibon love them yer Pete is really good at what he does .

Rides
    Ive got a dash dodger
    Purely because it came with the car mind you.

Yes the bend obviously isnt as strong as the non bendy version but hell its a damn site stronger than no cage id say. Also makes the whole car a bit stiffer too. And looks pretty swish.

Adding carbon doors to save weight then adding steel bars is a little sensless though. Even tho its cool as hell having it over not.

Rides
    Yes it is dude the weight comment made me lol . The doors carbon the windows lexan the cards carbon and the rest of the windows will be lexan to

Rides
    looks very cool!!

Rides
    Looks pretty snazzy that. Nice bit of fabrication by the looks of it. I'm very happy with my Fabricage (which goes through the dash), just a shame it took so bloody long to arrive.

Not sure why people feel the need to jump on here shouting about how it's crap because it's a dash dodger. You clearly like it which is why you started the thread. It does what you want it to do so maybe if people don't like it they should just not comment.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spooktoon View Post
    looks very cool!!
    Thanks dude

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Looks pretty snazzy that. Nice bit of fabrication by the looks of it. I'm very happy with my Fabricage (which goes through the dash), just a shame it took so bloody long to arrive.

Not sure why people feel the need to jump on here shouting about how it's crap because it's a dash dodger. You clearly like it which is why you started the thread. It does what you want it to do so maybe if people don't like it they should just not comment.
    Yes very we'll put mate there is some ppl that are like that I guess . yes I'm very happy with it I did see your post and was going to post on there but didn't want to hi jak your thread yes the fab work is brilliant Pete has been doing it for years and did say one through the dash would be stronger but this will still do its job and after all out of every one he is the one that would know .

Rides
    Hi dude looks great. loving the weight savin on the doors,they cost a fortune. Im going for lexan windows on the front. have you got any pictures how they are fitted. do they leak. any info you got dude would be great. inside of your car looks great.

Rides
    also have you got a carbon roof.....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Fair point :thumb: