Thread: Fiberglass body kit Q's

Rides

Fiberglass body kit Q's

I bought a m sport kit off of epracing.

The kit kind of fits. What I mean is the drivers side skirt fits but there is a 1mm gap on the corners between the skirt and front and rear wings. Is this normal?

Also the passenger skirt fits better but the door doesn't shut due to hitting where the skirt bends into the door area.

There are no mounting holes on the bumper or skirts. I guess it's just drill and secure with self tappers. For the skirts do I just secure to the inner arch and along the area inside the door.

For the front bumper is there any tips on drilling holes e.g. Best angle to get at with a pen to mark.....

Any information would be great.

Also had to cut the grill out of the bumper as its hits on the fmic

Rides
    With fg kits they never fit first time, you have to adapt them to fit.

Rides
    If the skirts aren't a million miles away you could bond them on for a cleaner look using Tigerseal or similar.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rob192 View Post
    If the skirts aren't a million miles away you could bond them on for a cleaner look using Tigerseal or similar.
    I would not do this. I know you don't need to remove skirts that often but if you bond them on you'll destroy them getting them off.

I'd trim them to get them to fit. Use screws at each end and along the door seal. If they still don't fit against the wings then bond some stud plates onto the skirts.