Flamethrower
    Rides
    Saw on FB, Get well though mate

Rides
    aww man not good.

Get well soon fella

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Yeah seen the pic on FB. He's lucky! Speedy recovery and all that!

Rides
    Get well soon, and take care

Rides
    No stidifiddling for a while then!

Hope you get better soon stidi

Rides
    get well soon

Rides
    Shake a leg fella,the nurses love that

stidi recovery

Rides
    Hope the damage is not too bad .......... get well soon

3rd Overall 2016 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    7th Overall 2013 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    8th Overall 2012 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    9th Overall 2011 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    2nd Overall 2010 Prostreet drag series Shakespear County Raceway
    4th Overall in street class 2010 HKS drag series Santa Pod
    2nd Place TOTB IX RWD Drag Shoutout

Best 1/4 Mile ... 10.96 @ 132mph Santa Pod October 2nd 2010

Rides
    Get well soon duuuude

Rides
    Get well soon dude
    bstmeetbllk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Get well soon mate.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Really sorry to hear about this, get well soon.

Rides
    Yep hope you have a swift recovery mate!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Best of luck with your recovery mate!
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    Best of luck with your recovery mate!
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    And that's why I won't buy a bike. Get well soon mate.

Rides
    Speedy recovery mate.

Rides
    hey guys, cheers for the messages

I was actually very lucky, the guy who hit me stopped at the scene, had insurance, admitted fault and the police were there and took witness statements saying he'd jumped a red.

here's an overview of the road, for those that are curious...

overview.jpg
    Green is me, Red is him and Yellow is what happened to the bike from what i can remember

and here's his view (he'd have been about where the blue kangoo? is to start then about a car length or two in front of the silver people carrier when he started to turn, enough time to get to 10-20mph depending on how much he was accelerating)
    his view.jpg

there's 2 lanes to go ahead both ways and also a filter lane from his direction to turn right, that has it's own lights for right turn only, I think that the lights for straight ahead for him would have switched to green, he just saw a green light and moved on, despite the fact his right turn light was still red.
    I'm still very very confused as i can't remember the accident, just seeing him turning towards me, slamming the brakes on and hoping for the best.
    I was coming along in the right hand lane, i can't remember if the lights were green the whole time for me, or if i was slowing down and they turned green. i kept asking people at the scene what happened and if i'd messed up as i was sure i had a green light (turns out, i did) it's a 40 mph road so i would have been doing somewhere close to that (if the light was red I'd have slowed early waiting for it to turn green then cracked on with the power, rather than arriving at 30, slamming my brakes on as i change down to first and launch it away from the lights) and i remember seeing him moving, but thought he was going to wait for me to pass before turning in... i was wrong...
    from what i can work out I'd got the brakes on about where the rear bumper of the white van is from my view...

My View.jpg

as that's where I'd seen him starting to turn, I'd also swerved to the left to try and go around the front of his car (swerving to the right would have me going into oncoming traffic) he caught the side of my bike, but mainly crushed my leg between his bumper and my bike, which is why the rest of me didn't really suffer too much damage, if he'd have hit the bike rather than me, I'd have dropped it at 20ish and got up and brushed myself down i'm sure. but as he hit my leg, that's what twisted it backwards, broke my tib and fib and dislocated my ankle.
    bit bruised all over and had a bit of scuffage from where my jacket lifted (either a friction burn or very mild road rash, it had scabbed over and healed in about a week) helmet had a big crack up the back of it, but did the job, I'm no more mental than i was before the accident, apart from a bit of stress etc from being stuck at home and not being able to look for a job, travel on the bike or decorate the house! so all my gear did the job, hence no skin grafts etc as i was wearing Kevlar jeans and proper jacket gloves, boots etc. It was a bloody warm day but that stuff did it's job and i was / am in a lot less pain then i could have been!

I had the accident about 10:15-10:30 i think, and can't remember much after the impact, apparently my bike ended up over on the kerb, if it was pushed there or landed there, I'm not sure. i can't remember seeing anything after the accident just hearing voices, and then being on a board in the ambulance, was very well looked after by everyone, passers by (an off duty nurse, who was apparently on holiday, i remember saying "I'm sorry i ruined your holiday!" who was holding my neck still) the ambulance guys, who let me phone my brother, girlfriend and mum to let them know i was ok, rather than having the police do it and everyone at the hospital was awesome, especially the nurses who wouldn't take shit from the doctors and kept chasing up to see when my surgery was, to let me know if i was nil by mouth or not, as my throat was really dry! ended up not having the surgery Friday and was booked in for Saturday morning instead, meaning nil by mouth from midnight so i could at least have a drink and a nibble and as I'd not had breakfast i was starving!
    Was the first time I'd been in hospital overnight and the first time I'd been under anesthetic so a bit nervous to be honest. but everything went well and i woke up Saturday lunch time with a big metal pin and a few screws holding my foot on, so I'm basically Wolverine from my right knee down managed to persuade the docs to let me out on sunday, despite the fact one of my liver tests was a bit dodgy, but followed up with a few appointments with the GP so in total, i was only in the hospital 3 days, like i said, very lucky.
    have spent the last 2 and a bit weeks at Sophies, then came back to mine yesterday to give each other some space and because i was getting a bit stir crazy.
    I'm still ruddy achey and can't walk without crutches, but every day is seeing small improvements so i'm hoping it won't be long before i can ditch them (i can walk with one crutch but psychologically i just think my leg / ankle are going to explode if i put too much weight on them ) physio started a couple of days ago and i'm hoping that by the time i'm in again (2 weeks ish) i'll be walking unaided. fingers crossed eh?

anyways, sorry for the rambling. but that's my last 3 weeks in a nutshell

Rides
    Glad to hear you are on the mend.

3rd Overall 2016 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    7th Overall 2013 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    8th Overall 2012 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    9th Overall 2011 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    2nd Overall 2010 Prostreet drag series Shakespear County Raceway
    4th Overall in street class 2010 HKS drag series Santa Pod
    2nd Place TOTB IX RWD Drag Shoutout

Best 1/4 Mile ... 10.96 @ 132mph Santa Pod October 2nd 2010