Thread: Apex half roll Cage Help

Rides

Apex half roll Cage Help

Having bough my half roll cage narly 3 years ago now i think in the group buy, I am having it fitted on the weekend, lol finally. Being such a long time ago, struggling to find the guides assocaited to it. Though searches are taking a long time. Assume a fair few got similar in the group buy.

Can you advise on what bolts are needed size wise. Friend has suggested M12 and my assumption is he is right, normally is, but just wanted to confirm, so I can make sure I have them all ready for fitting.

Many Thanks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomagic View Post
    Having bough my half roll cage narly 3 years ago now i think in the group buy, I am having it fitted on the weekend, lol finally. Being such a long time ago, struggling to find the guides assocaited to it. Though searches are taking a long time. Assume a fair few got similar in the group buy.

Can you advise on what bolts are needed size wise. Friend has suggested M12 and my assumption is he is right, normally is, but just wanted to confirm, so I can make sure I have them all ready for fitting.

Many Thanks
    Bolts should have came with the kit,

as for fitting both front seats out also may help to remove the interior light on the roof, put the rear section in first as one then the main hoop, position it loosely as far back as it can go put all bolts in loosely , basically it eventually comes to a stage where you have to man up and start drilling.

the way we done it was drill and bolt one side of the main hoop leg, then ratchet strap the other side pulling it away from the inital bolted point then while holding the tension drilled and bolted the other side.

from this ratchet strap the horizontal bar from through the boot and pull that towards the rear of the car and repeat the process. Make sure the threads are inside the car so they dont get as rusty etc. took about 4 hours for us being the first cage we done

Rides
    I didnt see any in the kit, but it is still wrappped up so will double check later today. Didnt want to take it apart, in fear of losing something to being with. Will have a double check mind

Rides
    Bolts are normally bagged and taped to the main hoop.

Rides
    All fitted, seems got two sets of bolts, with a note stating to use the 8.8 ones I beleive. But ineed they were bagged and tagged to the upper loop. All is well