Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's had food poisoning?

Rides

Who's had food poisoning?

I've had it 2 weeks now, still slightly light headed and going to the bathroom far too often. I managed to contract "Campylobacter" from a bad burger which kills around 200 people per year so no wonder its taking ages to leave my system. Anyone else had it this severe before?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Not as severe as you but I got food poisoning back in April, was off work for a week and not right for about three weeks. Didn't eat a thing for nearly three days when first caught it. Nasty.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Head SXOC Security and small penis department TheBigShow's Avatar
    Rides
    Dodgy kebab, twice lol.

Was over and done with in 2 weeks, first 3 days was the worst. Shivering but sweating.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Not as severe as you but I got food poisoning back in April, was off work for a week and not right for about three weeks. Didn't eat a thing for nearly three days when first caught it. Nasty.
    I think I was 5 days without eating, I've lost 8 pounds.

Rides
    only 'proper' food poisoning once and wasn't as you've suffered. in Hong Kong, first night there, seafood meal - everyone else was fine, assumed it was bacteria everyone else had a resistance to and I was lacking.

ended up shivering and wishing I was back home, only spare bed in the family home was a 6 year old girl's pink 5ft princess bed. it wasn't a good look for a larger 6ft 1" gentleman

felt ropey for about 3-4 days afterwards.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    eygypt , all inclusive , oh dear god, i thought i was going to die. I never get ill but 2 weeks till i was back to good health.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_83 View Post
    I think I was 5 days without eating, I've lost 8 pounds.
    Easier than going to the gym..

I dont usually get many stomach bugs as most things are killed by the 90% proof alcohol/Guinness mix that is in there. But when i have its usually been a few days of the skits.

Rides
    I've had Gastroenteritis twice now, not sure if it was food poisoning related. First time it lasted just over 2 weeks, couldn't stomach anything and lost over a stone within the first week! Wasn't a particularly high point of my life lol.

Rides
    Currently suffering with it iv been off work all week due to a dodgy BBQ at the weekend 😞 4 days of not eating I feel like death I'm in hot sweats and shivering its horrible.

Rides
    Lol read the title and though 'yeah ive had the runs for a day after eating some dodgy prawns'

It transpires i havent had anything anywhere near food poisoning before haha.

Hope youre alright, cant be pleasant!

Rides
    A friend of mine ate some dodgy seafood while we were in Nice.

He was in hospital for 7 weeks and lost over 3 stone and had to have a blood transfusion. He was off work for over 2 months. I thought he was a dead man

Thank goodness, I refused to go with them as I won't risk eating seafood when I'm out. Combined with the old diabetes it almost certainly would have killed me.

Rides
    gutted,
    I cooked a chicken curry, put in take-away tray and left on window ledge from 8pm until 8am (forgot to put in fridge), so put it in the fridge at 8am, and took out at 8pm on the night to heat and cook...
    assumed I would get ill as not wise to leave chicken out over night!! Didn't work, feel fine and not wanting to go bathroom! (that was 2 curries mind, as was cooked on Monday night, had 1 on tues and other last night)

Did have food baddies when I was 18, from a kebab shop, took 3 days to clear, had the sweats constantly (and I recall sweating a nasty garlic smell!), couldn't eat food properly, just drank water for 3 days and ate ArrowRoot biscuits, toast and banana's..... Been trying to get that same feeling back for past 19 years, no matter what I eat, it don't happen!

Hope u get better soon dude!

Rides
    I've had Salmonella, caught it from an Omelette I had at my old work's canteen as a lot of other people also got it...

Was bed ridden for 3 days, first day was just muck coming out both ends and I don't think I have ever felt so bad.

Strangely enough, raw chicken has never affected me

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MaccyD View Post
    Lol read the title and though 'yeah ive had the runs for a day after eating some dodgy prawns'

It transpires i havent had anything anywhere near food poisoning before haha.

Hope youre alright, cant be pleasant!
    I thought exactly the same. Had bad food and got the craps but never lasted more than a few trips to the toilet.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Strangely enough, raw chicken has never affected me
    That was funny! Did you ever find out who drank your wine

I've had mild food poisoning, once in UK and once in Kazakhstan. A friend invited me over for dinner (12 of us in total) and she cooked pork. Upon eating the contents, the pork was not cooked, as it was red raw in the middle - I tucked in and everyone moved it around their plate... needless to say I was on the toilet for most of the morning after.

If I had food poisoning in Kazakhstan, I would NEVER go to the doctors... The last time someone went to the Doctors for food poisoning, the doctor recommended that she should have her kidney removed!

Rides
    Sorry to hear this fella. Hope it clears up soon. I've eaten some amount of dodgy shit over the years, but have always been fine (aside from a bit of fiery hoop after a vindaloo :P)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    That was funny! Did you ever find out who drank your wine
    No never did... At least I found my car keys

Rides
    The sad news of those kids in india who passed away after food poisoning in their school din dins, sort of brings it home how serious food poisoning could be.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomagic View Post
    The sad news of those kids in india who passed away after food poisoning in their school din dins, sort of brings it home how serious food poisoning could be.
    That's not typical food poisoning, food contamination with poisonous chemicals and is unforgiveable

typical food poisoning IMHO is Salmonella, ecoli, botulism etc, caused by bacteria.

Vibrio vulnificus was what ultimately killed Michael Winner

Rides
    Been up and about today, actually left hte house and feel 10x better for it. Got another week off work though which is a bit boring now.