Thread: Riggsy's 1998 S14a

Rides

Riggsy's 1998 S14a

Hey guys and girls. I thought it was about time I started a project thread for my S14a. I’ve owned it now for a year and a half and when I purchased it, it was bog standard. Not a modification in sight. Here’s a few pictures from when I bought her:

3543458-1.jpg

3543458-2.jpg

3543458-3.jpg

3543458-4.jpg

3543458-7.jpg

The idea was to just buy and exhaust, new rims, intercooler upgrade and drop it to the deck. I didn’t want to go too extreme as I spent a few thousand pounds on my last car just to get rid of it. So a slight tweak here and there was all I was going to do.
    So within a week, the new exhaust was on. 3” straight through CAT back system. I loved the noise, the SR20 has such a nice exhaust tone, especially on full throttle. It was like this for about 6 months before I could save the money to upgrade it some more.

Rides
    The idea was to just buy and exhaust, new rims, intercooler upgrade and drop it to the deck. I didn’t want to go too extreme as I spent a few thousand pounds on my last car just to get rid of it. So a slight tweak here and there was all I was going to do.
    So within a week, the new exhaust was on. 3” straight through CAT back system. I loved the noise, the SR20 has such a nice exhaust tone, especially on full throttle. It was like this for about 6 months before I could save the money to upgrade it some more.
    A couple of months later I spent out on a FMIC kit and fitted it a soon as I could. This meant for some bits in the engine bay to be moved around and a smaller battery. Once the FMIC was fitted I also chopped out the lower front bumper bar to give it a big mouth look. I also had a few spare pennies to buy a black grille to replace the standard red one, and a Silvia S badge. This is how she stood for a few weeks:

IMG_1562.JPG

Way too high for my liking, so next for the 200 was a set of used coilovers and some 16” skyline wheels. This was due to low funds and not wanting the car to look standard. So I spent one weekend swapping the suspension and wheels over so it was ready for JAE 2012.

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1582.JPG

Rides
    But I thought to be different, I’d spray the wing mirrors black and buy some yellow tint for the front lights which I thought at the time looked pretty cool:

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

But I have now removed the yellow tints and it looks much better.

After owning it for a while, and seeing loads of inspiration on here and on the web I decided to go further with it. So I bought a uras kit off of here, which needed some repair work, but thought I would put the rear bumper on anyway to see how it looked. I also bought a brand new driftworks BGW and fitted with the bumper. Here’s how she looked at ACE café last year:

20121201_102735.jpg

The body kit has been sent away for painting by a mate. Not expecting 100% fantastic results as it is only being painted outside on his drive. Here’s how the kit looks before fitting. I will hopefully get round to fitting it in the next few weeks.

IMG_2017.JPG

I’ll try and keep this thread up to date as I go. Hope you all like it. Cheers for looking