Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are peoples thoughts.

Rides

What are peoples thoughts.

Alot of people have issues with where to mount items such as boost gauges etc, and boost controllers.

What would peoples thoughts be if you could have a panel that is a direct fit and similar finish to the panels in the center of the dash.

They would mount exactly as the oem parts would and look like they were oem parts.

Would people want items for multiple gauges, and a boost controller?
    Would you want them with the vents and switches in place for a road car, and removed completely for a track based car.

All that you need to do to fit it would be to fit the spring clips from your oem parts to the new panels and they are fitted.

What are peoples thoughts on this and if you have any images of what you would want or think would work please feel free to add them to the thread as I am looking for as much feed back as possible.

Thanks Gareth.

Rides
    i think some panels that fit directly in where either the cd player or the ash tray ports are on the center panel, which can carry three gauges or boost controllers would be a cool idea:

Something like this, i know it has been fiberglassed in this picture but if you had a panel that slips in instead id be hugely interested as thats where my gauges are atm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gepanel003.jpg

Rides
    That is something that could be done, at a glance that would be from an s13 then?

There are endless ideas for this but my aim is to target the most wanted. Thanks for the input.

Rides
    Some images that i have found online, please understand that these are ideas for layouts not what the finished item would be.

dash1.jpgdash2.jpg

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nevins View Post
    Alot of people have issues with where to mount items such as boost gauges etc, and boost controllers.

What would peoples thoughts be if you could have a panel that is a direct fit and similar finish to the panels in the center of the dash.

They would mount exactly as the oem parts would and look like they were oem parts.
    yea I'd be up for that

Rides
    That is something that could be done, at a glance that would be from an s13 then?

There are endless ideas for this but my aim is to target the most wanted. Thanks for the input.
    Yeah thats for the s13 this would be great as i was thinking i would have to get the cluster from the skyline and modify that

Rides
    No need to modify anything, if it proves to be of genuine interest then i will be going into production of them. The most time consuming part is making the plug then its a simple case of creating the mould. Once thats done, I am able to produce the parts one per hour.

So as soon as i'm happy with the feed back that is collected I pan begin on production.. At present I am collecting up dash panels to make plugs, I will leave the thread here for a week or so to allow people to give their ideas on whats wanted.

If anyone has any panels laying around and are happy to donate them, I am more than willing to come to a deal with pricing.

Rides
    No need to modify anything, if it proves to be of genuine interest then i will be going into production of them. The most time consuming part is making the plug then its a simple case of creating the mould. Once thats done, I am able to produce the parts one per hour.

So as soon as i'm happy with the feed back that is collected I pan begin on production.. At present I am collecting up dash panels to make plugs, I will leave the thread here for a week or so to allow people to give their ideas on whats wanted.

If anyone has any panels laying around and are happy to donate them, I am more than willing to come to a deal with pricing.
    Of course you wouldnt do any of that without contacting the club first and checking it was ok
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    This sounds like great idea. If you plan on selling them on here please contact mark and ask about setting up a group buy.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Of course you wouldnt do any of that without contacting the club first and checking it was ok
    Of course not, im just doing research at the moment, as soon as it comes to light then i will be speaking to the higher beings. Will be looking into other items also and after info on becoming a trader.

Rides
    I would be interested in one of these if you were to make them. Need something to house 6x60mm gauges.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by scottish-sr View Post
    I would be interested in one of these if you were to make them. Need something to house 6x60mm gauges.
    6x60mm what type of configuration would you want, for example keeping the vents, switches etc.
    Or if your able to sketch it out and link it on here that would be so much easier.

One thought that i was toying with was making variations such as one solid piece from top to bottom, and twin piece like the oem panels. With a single piece I would suggest that would be for more a track orientated layout, like i have made out of alloy in my 14a. But this is a bank of 3 gauges and flick switches controlling what i have running in the car. For 6 gauges iI would say that you would be loosing the cubby hole under the radio and possibly the radio too.

Rides
    The benefit of a two piece is the choice to mix and match panels for a preferred layout.

Rides
    The benefit of a two piece is the choice to mix and match panels for a preferred layout.
    YES YES YES this is the idea i love how you can swap out the two trays on the s13 center console like how i switch my head unit down to the bottom and the ash tray to the top but have now taken that out and wedged gauges in there lol, so a tray that fits gauges that you can essentially put where you like would be awsome

For people who dont like the center console this would be cool also:

http://broadfield.files.wordpress.co...8548268878.jpg

Rides
    Crossed lines here mate, what i meant by that was for the 14's as the center dash panels are two piece. But if i can get my hands on a 13 dash panel i can easily look into making 3 gauge pods that will mount into the cut outs. Are the cut outs the same sizes? if so and utilize the same mounts and it is a case of just swapping them around, I can see no problem in producing something like you have mentioned.

Rides
    whoops my bad lol, and yes looking at this picture:

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f...er-console.jpg

The big hole which is split in to two sections, it has a metal frame on the inside which has the holes for you to screw different applications in to such as head unit the ash tray, cd changers, all sorts, every s13 ive seen there is something different in there from the factory lol

Rides
    Rough photoshop of one idea, as on the laptop and not on my graphics tablet, but you get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rides
    There is no stereo in the car so that isn't a problem. Like the pic you have just posted, but with the 2nd row of 3 gauges where the stereo is, I would be interested in that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by scottish-sr View Post
    There is no stereo in the car so that isn't a problem. Like the pic you have just posted, but with the 2nd row of 3 gauges where the stereo is, I would be interested in that.
    That could be done quite easily. Im in the process of trying to find as many panels as possible so i can get to work on making the plugs.

Rides
    I will also be posting up images of the progress as i go along, but sadly not of the mould production due to not being able to take a phone or camera into work due to the nature of the job, but i will be uploading images of the plugs being built.