Thread: S14a BGW question

Rides

S14a BGW question

hi peeps.

I've currently got a driftworks BGW on my S14a, but I'm looking at raising the heigt of it to the height of a Japspeed one. I'm just wondering if anyone out there would know if I can use the same feet as what I have with on a raised spoiler? I've seen the Japspeed ones have 2 bolts through the rear of the legs, where mine only has the 1. would a higher wing be ok on just the 1 bolt on the back? or would I need to get different legs?

cheers

Rides
    Slightly off topic but can I ask how you've mounted your wing to the boot lid?

Also the load will be on the front bolt more than the rear I should think. As long as they are good quality high tensile bolts it should be a problem

Rides
    with the nuts, bolts and washers that come with the spoiler. lol!!

cheers, I've asked a few people where I live and they seem to think it'll be ok too.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by riggsy99 View Post
    with the nuts, bolts and washers that come with the spoiler. lol!!

cheers, I've asked a few people where I live and they seem to think it'll be ok too.
    I got that bit...

Did you bolt through both layers of the boot lid? My mate fit one to an S15 like that and it pulled the skins together resulted in deformation of the outer skin. Just wondering how you'd got round that.

Rides
    I drilled through both skins and made a square plate to take the load to avoid deforming the boot as much as poss.

However my rear boot lock was dodgy in first place then boot wpuldnt shit as deformed a bit, so now using lockable aero catches as boot lock

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    I got that bit...

Did you bolt through both layers of the boot lid? My mate fit one to an S15 like that and it pulled the skins together resulted in deformation of the outer skin. Just wondering how you'd got round that.

I marked where I wanted the spoiler, drilled through both skins, then got a hole saw and cut a 44mm circular hole in the inner skin, then used the square washers that came with the spoiler. boot hasn't deformed at all. if you want I can take some pictures and post them up

Rides
    So it's only bolted to the outer skin?

Pics would be brill mate!

Rides
    yes mate. just the outside skin. i'll get some pictures tomorrow and post them up tomorrow for you