Thread: Adjustable lower arms.....life expectancy for road use

Rides

Adjustable lower arms.....life expectancy for road use

Got a full set of DW arms. intended for track/drift setup but will be driven on the roads too.
    Does anybody have any mileage figures for replacing the outer bearings? I've heard people are only getting a couple of k out of them.

Obviously maintance is a key factor here regards to greasing and renewing rubber boots. I'm tempted just keep stock lower arms unless someone can hit me with some good figures.

Rides
    It's something that is very dependant on the impact they see, I had done about 10k on mine without replacibg the joints. The stock driftwoeks ones aren't great quallity. For longevity I would replace the joibts with better quality ones from someone like McGill motorsport before you start. Or go for apex bushed arms
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    I had mine for a year (Rose Jointed) and they were dead after that, covered about 6000 miles road use only.

I had to change them for the MOT as the rose joints had too much play, I've got the Apex Bushed ones on there now.

Rides
    Alistairs car is having to have the joints replaced soon, they've got about 2k on them if that and they're already shot. And if I remember rightly, don't they move the position of the wheel slightly so you have to buy the other DW suspension arms to make them work?

Rides
    That McGill motorsports site looks brilliant, I may replace some of my joints with theirs (was planning on buying new arms, but that could potentially save me quite a lot of money if I can work out how to measure the thread pitch to order the right ones!)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    It's something that is very dependant on the impact they see, I had done about 10k on mine without replacibg the joints. The stock driftwoeks ones aren't great quallity. For longevity I would replace the joibts with better quality ones from someone like McGill motorsport before you start. Or go for apex bushed arms
    10k! i'd be happy with that! but as you say depending in load/road/quality. I've already replaced all the boots with the McGill ones, and got ball joint boots protecting the outer bearing.

Although there's another 2k horror story from piman. That's only a trip to ze burg

All I can do is give them a go and when they let go I'll decide if its worth the hassle and expense to change them.

Rides
    I've had my godspeed ones for about 3 years, a year of that it was my daily, probably about 18 000 miles and only had to replace one of the rose joints so far (the boot cracked so I guess this was how the grease escaped and got wet).

Rides
    My Cusco ones lasted for years