Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powertune Low Mount Manifolds from Australia - Any stories?

Rides

Powertune Low Mount Manifolds from Australia - Any stories?

As the title says really, does anyone here have any information or stories about PowerTune products? I've heard the name mentioned before but never seen anything specific re: quality or longevity.

I'm specifically interested in their low mount SR20 exhaust manifold although from the photos I'm not sure what to make of it

http://powertune.com.au/products/bye...ne-length.html

Just keeping an open mind.

Ryan

Rides
    MattyGee has one and it's lovely.

Seems really tough and well made - AFAIK he has had no issues with it and has been running a good few years - his car isn't exactly a daily though, so hasn't seen moon miles to the best of my knowledge.

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    As Si says, ive got a Powertune top mount (mines a tune length with the ceramic coating) and I couldnt be happier with it, it fitted perfectly and ive never had a problem with it and their service at the time (6 years ago now I think) was great, good communication and answered all my questions. I confirm, my sx isnt a daily driver, it only comes out at weekends and does about 1000 miles a year but ive certainly never had any reason to suspect my manifold wouldnt stand up to daily use. I would advise dropping them an email, they were very helpful and set my mind at ease of giving someone on the other side of the world a large chunk of cash for a product I had never seen in the metal
    Last edited by MattyGee; 20-06-2013 at 21:04. Reason: mines a top mount not low mount, im did a forget
    Its gone!

Rides
    Thanks for that chaps, that's promising feedback particularly at your power level Matty.

I don't use my SX anywhere near daily either, it's strictly an occasional weekend driver and a track vehicle, but I've had no luck with my current manifold and I'm exploring alternatives. I don't really want to switch to a top mount because, I'll be frank, of the money and the hassle. So I'm trying to find a high quality and robust low mount to work with my 2871.

The 'Tune Length' I see on the website, is it just a name or is it a lead on to specifying dimensions yourself? Because I can't be bothered to learn how to do that

Rides
    Last edited by Andy083; 20-06-2013 at 20:08.

Rides
    I have a tomei it's amazing strong as and the welds are amazing .
    Good luck with it dude

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    The 'Tune Length' I see on the website, is it just a name or is it a lead on to specifying dimensions yourself? Because I can't be bothered to learn how to do that
    I didnt have to specify any dimensions other than flange type for the turbo and external wastegate so dont worry about that.
    Its gone!

Rides
    Oh dear, that's a sneaky edit Matt Thanks anyway but yeah my feedback is specific to low mount.

Andy, thanks for that direction, I'll check it out. Jon, yeah the Expreme is kind of a mixed bag but I do know it's out there so I will keep my mind open.

Rides
    http://www.240sxmotoring.com/manifolds.html

Couple of interesting types here Ryan

Rides
    Crikey, that's a bit of a goldmine fine Paul. Thanks. Lots of companies I hadn't even heard of.

Rides
    Was about to suggest Synapse, have heard really goo things about their manifolds and seem to be good on price too mate. Worth a look.

Cheers Aj

Rides
    I know, problem (specifically for my bank account) is that I'm now looking at these too

It's almost as though I have little faith that my manifold will be able to last the blast round Anglesey :S

I particularly like the look of the Synapse one. If they are willing to offer lifetime warranty against cracking then it must be fooking good quality. You don't go putting warranties like that on a product unless you are stupendously confident it won't fail!
    Last edited by Sidewaysfun; 21-06-2013 at 11:11. Reason: Massive iPhone typo failings

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaysfun View Post
    You don't go putting warranties like that on a product unless you are stupendously confident it won't fail!
    Yes you do, its a selling point. They just hope they sell more than they repair/replace. Most stainless exhausts have lifetime guarentees but I have had hangers snap off etc.

Granted it wont be a piece of ebay tat, but dont expect it to be bulletproof
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Yeah as Mark really, and the warranty is only against cracking. Neither you nor I seem to be suffering cracking, that's the thing. I hope yours holds together, mine as you know has warped and wiped my car out for July. Hopefully I'll be able to get some resolution drawn up with the seller before Snetterton in August.

Rides
    Has it warped badly? can you not just get the flange skimmed?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Mine was warped but have just had it skimmed and seeing how it goes.

IIRC Ryan has already had his skimmed and its warped again, but this time beyond skimming I think

Rides
    Doesn't seem to be the flange that's warped, the whole manifold has twisted over onto itself so that branch 1 is covering the front release stud. It'll probably come off but I'm not doing anything until I get the word go from the supplier in case they want more photos of it in situ. It has taken the gasket with it so it might have damaged the flange again, we'll see when it's off.

Rides
    Buy my full kit , job done

Rides
    Price me up in a PM then Dan. Lets have a look.

Rides
    Had lots of people wanting me to split it but would rather keep It as a kit ,

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...ces&highlight=