Thread: Fibre contract

Rides

Fibre contract

I have been with talktalk for 4 years without any issues so when i noticed that they had upograded the lines in my area to fibre i decided to take the plunge and sign up to superfast fibre upto 38mb which is an extra £10 per month on an 18 month contract which i was happy to pay. The engineer is due to install my router tomorrow. I logged into my talktalk account tonight and noticed they are now offering the same service for £5 a month. Am i within my rights to ask for the lower amount per month which would save me £90 over the contract?. I think i have a 14 day right to cancel but they are due here in the morning

Rides
    Id say it depends how much hassle you want its most likely too late to cancle it now if openreach are coming tomorrow, as the job will be built and in. In my experience last minute changes always lead to cock ups. . I would personally wait till its in then argue the toss.

On a side note has talk talk sent your new router in the post? As we only bring and fit your new modem not the new router, I did 2 talk talk jobs last week for which no router had been sent and I had to deal with two very anoyed people who had no broadband untill it arrived.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by Raceworx; 12-06-2013 at 06:40.

Rides
    Of you get a contractor turn up to install your line it won't last long at all there shit . Make sure he changes all your sockets and mounts the white open reach modem on the wall and does not put the hub on top of the modem it will over heat. I know as I work for them and have to go around cleaning up there work .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Windley View Post
    Of you get a contractor turn up to install your line it won't last long at all there shit . Make sure he changes all your sockets and mounts the white open reach modem on the wall and does not put the hub on top of the modem it will over heat. I know as I work for them and have to go around cleaning up there work .
    They did exactly this. Never mounted on wall and put router ontop of the open reach modem. Apart from that im happy with the speed so far(22mb which is fast for my rural town in the lake district)
    I have emailed talktalk about there discount deal thanks for the replies

Rides
    I knew they would fit it incorrectly that wlll over heart in the future buddy . I change so many every other day they have to be on the wall . That speed should be higher but they haven got a clue how to work on broad band . Any problems your ave to report it buddy. Good luck with it all though

Rides
    Just by a Draytek VDSL router, and get rid of both pieces of BT crap!!

Just for reference the BT router has a back door BT can "support your network on" I.e. get past your firewall.

Rides
    Just rang talktalk. They had started my £10 a month contract so i have to pay that now but they credited my account with £90 which gives me it for half price over 18 months.
    Im getting 22mb internet now

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    Just by a Draytek VDSL router, and get rid of both pieces of BT crap!!

Just for reference the BT router has a back door BT can "support your network on" I.e. get past your firewall.
    Indeed, i only use my HH3 as a wireless AP now and its not allowed to "pass bullshit" to BT on the quiet.
    Been trying to hack the openreach modem you get with infinifty but i have one of the ones that you have to open up and connect a serial interface to... :-(