Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Caught by community speed check, intention of prosecution?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Fight it til the end. It's always innocent until PROVEN guilty.
    I think you will find that is incorrect, there are now certain offences in the UK where the government has altered the burden of proof the other way, i.e. guilty until you prove your innocence.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDAL BABBOON View Post
    Request the following information from the issuing party.

1 - Photographic evidence of offence, to help identify the driver.
    2 - Type of device used to capture the offence.
    3 - Calibration certificate for device used.
    4 - Operators training certificate for device used.
    5 - Operators time sheet for the day in question.
    This

Rides
    I received the very same NIP 'intention of prosecution for dangerous driving etc' I was bricking it.

Sent it back confirming I would have been the driver as I'm the only person it could have been.

Cops turned up a week later turns out a 'civilian' had reported me for doing xx in an xx but long story short I said I hadn't..and that was that.

I questioned the mentality of a cop visit and they said they have to chase up xx% of reportings.

Essentially I could report a number plate off of any car down my street and they'd have to chase it up.

Rides
    Cheers for the info guys, I think I it turns out it goes any further I will do what babboon says, but lookin at what Sean just put I think it will probably be the same thing, my number plate has been reported for speeding and I will just get a telling off.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I think you will find that is incorrect, there are now certain offences in the UK where the government has altered the burden of proof the other way, i.e. guilty until you prove your innocence.
    Not sure about this. That is a pretty major change to the law. The requirements for the burden of proof were put in place to prevent innocent people being tried for crimes they hadn't committed. It sometimes lets the guilty off, but it generally works. I will be seriously worried if this is the case, even if it has limited applications. It's a slippery slope.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rd_jon View Post
    Not sure about this. That is a pretty major change to the law. The requirements for the burden of proof were put in place to prevent innocent people being tried for crimes they hadn't committed. It sometimes lets the guilty off, but it generally works. I will be seriously worried if this is the case, even if it has limited applications. It's a slippery slope.
    Yes it is pretty disgusting, but they have done this for a few offences, nearly all motoring, and had some dodgy agreement for years with the Euro Commission to avoid it being challenged.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDAL BABBOON View Post
    Request the following information from the issuing party.

1 - Photographic evidence of offence, to help identify the driver.
    2 - Type of device used to capture the offence.
    3 - Calibration certificate for device used.
    4 - Operators training certificate for device used.
    5 - Operators time sheet for the day in question.
    Do as Nick suggests. DO NOT ignore it though! I made that mistake when I was younger. 6 points and an MP30 on my licence which is 'witholding information from the police' and a £500 fine for my trouble!

Rides
    Admit to it, but say you were doing 64 according to your Satnav*. See what they come back with.

*don't

Rides
    All this bollocks for a max potential 3 points and £60 fine

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    Shall I send you a notice of intent to issue you with a £60 fine and ban you from the internet for 3 months? No reason other than today I've decided I don't like people who's forum name begins with a 'v'?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    yeah, i mean come on, do you really want to go to all the hassle of writing a letter?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    I received the very same NIP 'intention of prosecution for dangerous driving etc' I was bricking it.

Sent it back confirming I would have been the driver as I'm the only person it could have been.

Cops turned up a week later turns out a 'civilian' had reported me for doing xx in an xx but long story short I said I hadn't..and that was that.

I questioned the mentality of a cop visit and they said they have to chase up xx% of reportings.

Essentially I could report a number plate off of any car down my street and they'd have to chase it up.
    It has to be two people I was told by Thames Valley. I reported a meat head who was racing through a traffic jam like he was playing Grand Theft auto I shiit you not

Rides
    Big of an update of this, well I'm getting points.

Basically after ringing the Norfolk constabulary after receiving a letter saying I was getting points it turns out it was a "community support officer" who got me. Still a civvie but apparently has the authority to do you or something.

Luckily they have offered me a speed awareness corse but I'm still £90 out of pocket, oh well lesson learnt.

Rides
    When I did my Speed awareness course, they provided biscuits and coffee ....... just make sure you consume £90s worth and you will get value for money and not be out of pocket

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisyboi s14 View Post
    Basically after ringing the Norfolk constabulary after receiving a letter saying I was getting points it turns out it was a "community support officer" who got me. Still a civvie but apparently has the authority to do you or something.
    Is that true, maybe Prior would know?

Sounds abit fishy to me, I thought they could dish out parking tickets but manning a speed gun was not a power they had??

Rides
    I rang the Norfolk constabulary and they told me straight, community support groups cannot do you, but the officers can.
    Bit bollocks really for a jumped up civvie.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisyboi s14 View Post
    I rang the Norfolk constabulary and they told me straight, community support groups cannot do you, but the officers can.
    Bit bollocks really for a jumped up civvie.
    Have you asked for the information Baboon mentioned? Im still pretty surprised TBH, particularly operator training and timesheet
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Is that true, maybe Prior would know?

Sounds abit fishy to me, I thought they could dish out parking tickets but manning a speed gun was not a power they had??
    PCSOs have always been able to use the speed guns, but usually have to get regular officers to issue tickets or send out the summons. Getting a FPN through the post from a regular hand held camera is still unusual. Also if you phoned up the number on the ticket you might not have spoke to the police and just the central ticketing office.

Rides
    You need to find that gay group, take off you plates, and give them a propper run for the camera. Then go and eat their biscuits and drink their coffee hihihihi