Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road rage - a sobering tale

Rides

Road rage - a sobering tale

Link to Pistonheads

Sobering reading - I am a lot more relaxed to other people driving like tools than I used to be (partly due to more experience of the nutjobs that seem to drive in city centres) but stuff like that is just mental. Hell, AFAIK the area it happened in isn't even a scuzzpit.
    Huge sympathy for the poor guy, utterly baffles what goes through the thought process of someone would do this over a place in line.

Maybe time to think more about whether or not it's really worth getting worked up over that potential nutjob that _really_ wants to slow down your day by 5 seconds.

Awaits barrage of internet bravado about what people would do if they were in a similar situation.
    Last edited by Si; 05-06-2013 at 12:03.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    ****in hell... yeah thats a bit mental.

I get miffed at from time to time but I suppose it just takes that one guy who has no care to really **** someone up all for the sake of a poorly done manoeuvre.

Rides
    tis utter insanity. it's amazing how anger takes over some people and turns into pure rage without any thought in the middle. I get wound up by shit driving but never any where near that territory

I think the worst incident that occured was a lovely lady in a leopard print top with teeth the colour of an unwashed teapot once completely freaked out at me, how dare I want to occupy the same space as her (three lanes, low speed, stuck in traffic, we both wanted to be in the middle lane and moved at the same time). her lovely children also decided that gobbing out of the window in the general direction of my car was definitely the right course of action.
    Last edited by alanjuggler; 05-06-2013 at 12:12.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Christ almighty. Poor guy!

The guy has to be unhinged or is just a balls out violent arsehat with some shit to bear on the world. Fortunately there aren't that many of them around that the majority are likely to run into...

Rides
    Scary. Just the other week I had some woman making all sorts of gestures in my mirror because we'd both been queuing off the Cov ring road past Central Six where it goes two into one, and she clearly disagreed strongly with my opinion that the two lanes should take turns 'zippering' together - fortunately she didn't come at me with a hammer, but you can see how easily people get wound up.

Rides
    Bloody hell! Scary to think that nut job is still driving round the roads.
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    Its not all that far from where Kenneth Noye murdered Steven Cameron in 1996.

It seems there's a lot of villians and a lot of pent-up anger round that part of the country.

I'm surprised the thread got to page 7 before anyone posted

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    I think similarly to Kenny Noye, this lad was a bit more than just an angry feller

I dont let RR affect me, every bad move that gets pulled on me I just think that in howevermany years of driving Ive probably done twice as bad to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Someone clearly needs locking up! Not that far from me actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Its not all that far from where Kenneth Noye murdered Steven Cameron in 1996.

It seems there's a lot of villians and a lot of pent-up anger round that part of the country.

I'm surprised the thread got to page 7 before anyone posted
    That happened in Swanley, this happened in/near Coulsdon not exactly next door to each other

Slightly off topic but wasn't the Noye/Cameron thing a bust up over a drug deal (Cameron being a small time dealer) or something like that?!

Rides
    I used to live in Coulsdon ..... Grew up there .... thats all !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
    That happened in Swanley, this happened in/near Coulsdon not exactly next door to each other

Slightly off topic but wasn't the Noye/Cameron thing a bust up over a drug deal (Cameron being a small time dealer) or something like that?!
    They're only 25 miles apart.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
    I remember seeing a 'reconstruction' on some crime program, they didn't mention the drugs link at all and made out like it they were strangers and it was a random event.

Cameron was a dealer who owed Noye money, but it was not mentioned in the trial.
    It's very unlikely Noye knifed him to death for lane hogging.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    I remember seeing a 'reconstruction' on some crime program, they didn't mention the drugs link at all and made out like it they were strangers and it was a random event.

Cameron was a dealer who owed Noye money, but it was not mentioned in the trial.
    It's very unlikely Noye knifed him to death for lane hogging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Just over a year later, in 1996, Noye became involved in an altercation with 21-year-old motorist Stephen Cameron on the M25 motorway during what was described at the time as a road rage incident, but which has also been suggested to have been a dispute over a drug deal, Cameron being a small-time drug dealer who owed Noye money. However, it suited the purposes of both the prosecution and the defence not to mention this during the trial.

This one just sounds like a nutjob though

Rides
    I obviously have no experience in these kind of things but stabbing someone in the heart, in broad daylight with dozens of witnesses for a small time drug debt is a bit OTT dont you think?
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    I obviously have no experience in these kind of things but stabbing someone in the heart, in broad daylight with dozens of witnesses for a small time drug debt is a bit OTT dont you think?
    Yes, but then so is stabbing someone in the heart in broad daylight for cutting you up on the motorway

Rides
    You obviously know nothing about drugs then

Rides
    Using too much of his own product probably

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    I think the Cameron fella gave him a shoeing before the knife came out, so Noye had just been beat up by the person who owed him drug money - then he lost it.

Totally OTT still, they guy was a career scumbag tho.

Rides
    The Noye thing was a 20+k debit,and was done as a warning to others,
    I know a thing or 2 about it that was never mentioned in the media,
    it was not a spur of the moment thing far from it,
    the only link is he caught up with him a set of traffic lights and stabbed him in his suzuki van
    It wasn't a RR incident it was you rip me off! you get this!
    there's a lot more to it as well I can't post up tbh

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_melon View Post
    Yes, but then so is stabbing someone in the heart in broad daylight for cutting you up on the motorway
    Premeditiation. Oh, and not doing it yourself if you are a gangster of Kenny Noye's reputation, obviously, are you telling me he didnt know anyone who would do it for him?