Thread: How to register S15 from Ireland in UK

Rides

How to register S15 from Ireland in UK

Guys, I need ur help, I was looking for that in google but there is too many different opinions about how to do this...
    Did anybody do that?
    I can buy Silvia in great price, what else I need except registration book to make everything ok?
    Would I have to pay any other tax or sth?
    I heard that it's hard to get insurance or number plates, because to get plates U need to have insurance and to get insurance, car has to be registered in UK

please please please, propably that subject is in wrong place, but I need to get answer ASAP

Rides
    I imported one from Ireland a couple of years ago, just informed my at the time insurance co, that I was getting an import, (was with Sky insurance) they did a temp cover for me, using the VIN of the car I was getting, once I had that, I drove the car back from Ireland, made sure it complied with UK mot specs, in this case was just to make sure it had a rear fog light, with illuminating switch, soon as I had fitted one, got it mot'd.

Once I had the mot, got a form of the dvla, which you just need to fill the basics of the car in, took that with mot, and temp insurance to DVLA, paid whatever the fee was at the time, week or so later I got all my docs back, with a new tax disc, and V5c ..pretty simple, any probs, just ask the guys at the dvla, found them to be very helpful

Rides
    oh man, thanks a lot, in that case I'll just buy it