Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: funky power drift day, dundonald.

Rides

funky power drift day, dundonald.

Came down to get my alignment done and the guys were saying they are having an open/drift day down here on sat the 1st of June, drifting is on a helipad marked out with cones, unsure of size etc but thought id mention it as its on my doorstep. Might interest some folk?.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Its not a big helipad TBH bud, you pass it on the way out of the industrial estate. Its on the right hand side of the exit road. Didn't know they had an alignment rig these days.

Might pop down to the open day as I need to speak to Faz about snap off kits.

Rides

Rides
    Its a hunter 4 wheel alignment rig, guys seem sound. Even if its a figure of 8 think il come for a shot, should be a good laugh.

Rides
    Doesn't look too bad for size, looks roughly about 225 x 325 foot, you could get decent size figure 8 or kidney bean shape. What's the surface like?

Did they mention how much they are going to charging?

Rides
    Its rough as hell. Its loose chips with had tarmac below it. They might get a chance to sweet it clear before it. They done that before. Provably best giving the guys a phone.

Rides
    Spoke to Faz. Craig Harper is dealing with the drifting there.

Rides
    I assumed it was for entertainment purposes lol, workshop boys said there might be some tyres they can fit for drifting. Yeah its covered in loose stones just now, if it was swept im sure it would be fine. Wouldn't do if not tho, it would be pretty dangerous for people to watch lol.

Rides
    same day as jumanji

Rides
    This is just round the corner from me. Might pop round for a nosey.

Rides
    I don't think its an appear on the day and jump on thing. Speaking to Craig they are doing drift taxi's.

Rides
    Well the machanic was asking me if I was for having a shot, need to wait n see, ive all the stuff to paint my car now, but I was wanting to take it down next weekend :-S

Rides
    Right folks,

Just had a message from Craig:

Right guys....

I have a very random challenge/offer for you.......I am looking for jap cars/drivers to take part from 1230 onwards. SPACES ARE LIMITED TO 10* cars to allow cor MAXIMUM seat time...allowing you to get your groove on!
    *3 reserves can turn up breakdowns etc are almost inevitable

On the 1st of June, Funky Power/Planet Performance are having an open day....I KNOW.....its the same day as Jumanji! But I am suggesting 10-1 drift taxis NON-STOP! whoever wants to head to jumanji can head off, then 1230-3/4pm skid sessions for two cars at a time...no passengers, no twinning unless you speak to Faz of funky power first.

They are after some of Scotland finest Japanese metal and pilots of such vehicles!

For Drift Demos....no obstacles/armco so flat out fun! Scotty will be filming so you can guarantee coverage! Other media crews will be present and the standard public snapping/filming away! Happy for anyone else to pop down to take some vids!

They have tyre changing facilities on site and their team will be swapping tyres, so you can keep driving all day. I will be taking an empty trailer down just in case! and as such I can load extra tyres/wheels/fuel etc into truck.

There is a cafe/bbq right next to the drift area and Im pretty sure I can blag you some free Sticks

If you are game for this, just drop me a message ASAP! I do realise the timescale/cost etc.....but this is a real one off opportunity to drift at the only japanese tuner in scotland with a drift area outside!!!

Just drop me a message on Facebook.

https://vimeo.com/*14046883
    Much love!
    Craig
    https://www.facebook.com/4WKWARD
    So if you are comfortable with doing some skids on a wee cone track and up for some banter, drop Craig a message on his facebook!

Rides
    Il be at it, and im game for a shot but never been on track for a skid, im up for it tho if were short of numbers.

Rides
    to take car on or not lol

Rides
    Was a good day out. Sxoc to the rescue with the drift taxis!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo_pee View Post
    Was a good day out. Sxoc to the rescue with the drift taxis!
    I know!!! We rock.Was really gutted for Craig, all those drivers saying they would be down, then not showing with not even the curiosity to say "I won't be there".

Car drove great, was happy with it. steering could be made a little lighter, think my alignment makes it over centre a little bit. A kidney track does teach you more than you'd think!

Rides
    Was a good day lads, cheers Willie for a shot of the wheels, and looking after my tyres for me, a gentleman. First shot at changing direction, and going the wrong way (used to off road circle things lol) was getting dizzy from spinning so much haha. cheers anyway guys!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    Was a good day lads, cheers Willie for a shot of the wheels, and looking after my tyres for me, a gentleman. First shot at changing direction, and going the wrong way (used to off road circle things lol) was getting dizzy from spinning so much haha. cheers anyway guys!
    Yeah was good fun. Glad you had some fun

Rides
    I cannot begin to thank Willie, Marc and Ian for completely and utterly saving the day.

Simple

A total of £270 was raised for the Well Foundation...if they hadn't turned into super heroes the world would genuinely have been £270 worse of.

I owe you a rather large one guys!!