Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard balls? Got a ball of steel? Read this now.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides

Exclamation Hard balls? Got a ball of steel? Read this now.

Some of you will have seen this on my Facebook Campaign. For the rest of you this is new. I'm sorry its taken me a few days to get it on here for no other reason than my head has not been able to start a thread. Quick reply has been its limit

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Now for something serious.

On the 9th of May 2013 at 11.43am, I was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer. This obviously has come as a massive shock to the system for all of us. But with the support of my 3 gorgeous girls and my awesome family and friends, we will kick Cancer in the nuts. My team is bigger, it laughs harder and longer, so bring it!

Thanks to Movember, I knew what to look for and check myself regularly. So indications are I have found it early and by seeking medical advice immediately, we have maximised the chances of successful treatment that begins tomorrow.

There are only 2000 new cases of Testicular Cancer in the UK each year. Given that largely it is a private affair that's not much scope for being an example to raise awareness.

So the Vigilant teSte needs your help. It takes less than 90 seconds for a fella to check himself for testicular irregularities. It is NOT dirty, it is NOT masturbation, it IS inexcusable NOT TO DO IT.

I am declaring the first Tuesday of the first of the month Testicle Tuesday. Put it in your phone that every first Tuesday at 8.30pm you take 90 seconds to check your balls thoroughly for anything abnormal. You find anything off or even if you are unsure, get yourself to your GP the first Wednesday of the month. Most likely it will be an easy fix or nothing to worry about. But you have to catch it early!

It might just save your life!

Please share this post with every man you know and care about. It could save their life, or the life of someone you don't know.

For a full quick info download on Testicular Cancer go to www.yourprivates.org.uk

For more information on Cancers and for support contacts go to www.Macmillan.org.uk www.Movember com or www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Since that post on Thursday morning I have had surgery to remove my left Testicle. I ain't gonna put a rosy coating on this. It its agony painful for the first 36 hrs

Bruising levels are utterly mental. From here on out Damson Purple will no longer be known as Dog's knob purple. It's Ste's knob purple

You will shortly be able to follow our story and read my answers to some questions I have been asked on www.testicletuesday.org.uk - Goes live later today . Later on when I get them back there will be some photos posted of the nut once it was removed. The surgeon was all for me sharing them for awareness purposes

Also if you want to ask questions then you can reply on here or PM, or email me on askVigilantteSte@testicletuesday.org.uk

I will probably add more to this later as my brain has got to the soup stage already. But I didn't want to delay any more.

NOW GO CHECK YOUR BALLS! GIRLS GO CHECK YOUR PARTNER'S BALLS!

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Very sorry to hear that mate. But I check mine every week. Ill be checking out your site when it running!!

Rides
    Fingers crossed for you Ste, just as well you are Vigilant Teste by name and by nature or it could have been a whole lot worse

All the best

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosky View Post
    Very sorry to hear that mate. But I check mine every week. Ill be checking out your site when it running!!
    i dont think your meant to check weekly fella, if theres any changes down there you may get used to them checking that often and delay detecting it.

hope it works out for you Ste, my uncle has been through it and its great that your raising awareness

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Ahh okay! Thanks man

Rides
    tbh you can check them as often as you like, the important thing is to get to know your own balls and if something doesn't feel right, get it looked at.

I'd say the age and demographic on here are exactly the folk who need to be aware of ball cancer and looking out for it.

All the best Ste, you've got the right attitude and loads of support fella
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    As I said on Facebook, all the best mate

Rides
    Glad your on the mend!

Rides
    sorry to hear that dude, hope you recover ok!

If nothing else, your post persuaded me to go on that site and watch a video of a man playing with his balls... but seriously, I will be checking my own two veg from now on.

Rides
    This may sound daft, but what are you looking for? Lumps and stuff?

Rides
    Im glad to hear you caught it early. I hope its plain sailing from here on out.
    Get well soon mate.
    My S14.5 Rebuild Thread - clicky --
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=468362

Rides
    Hi Ste between us we have Men`s in the lower regions health covered You being 1/2 sack and Me No Arse

That`s the attitude to have don`t let it get you down Just think of the good times to come that you will have with the girlie`s

I am here if you want a chat any time 24/7

Clai

Rides
    just want to say, i've known alot of people close to me who have had cancer, and the attitude thing tends to go one of two ways.... they either give up! feck it all off and retract into themselves and become depressed, or (like you have done) grab the "big C" by the collar and chin it one!!! in my honest opinion this is the way to go! i can't say that i know what your going through and i'd be a pr!ck if i said i did... but i do applaud you for taking this attitude! well done mate and i hope you make a full recovery! best of luck with it!

Rides
    We are all behind you Ste.

I'm checking my balls right now. That's a nice thought for you all.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Thanks for the comments guys and definitely check your balls out

Quote Originally Posted by chrisyboi s14 View Post
    This may sound daft, but what are you looking for? Lumps and stuff?
    The outside should be uniform and smooth apart from where the tubes meet the ball dude - that bit feels like a wiggly bit of string over the ball.

Problem with mine was one was a bit soft, like a grape. That one is normal. The other was rock hard and when you tried to squish it, hurt like hell to a point it was nauseating. That was becuase of a tumour at the centre of the testicle .

I found the problem initally by trapping it in my jeans leg getting in the SX a bit quick

Take a look at this video mate.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/arti...to-show-how-to

Rides
    Hope all is ok. Glad to see you have the right attitude

I certainly need no encouragement to play with my balls

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant teSte View Post

The outside should be uniform and smooth apart from where the tubes meet the ball dude - that bit feels like a wiggly bit of string over the ball.

Problem with mine was one was a bit soft, like a grape. That one is normal. The other was rock hard and when you tried to squish it, hurt like hell to a point it was nauseating. That was becuase of a tumour at the centre of the testicle .

I found the problem initally by trapping it in my jeans leg getting in the SX a bit quick

Take a look at this video mate.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/arti...to-show-how-to
    nice link.

I never realised about needing to squeeze them to check as well so from this I've learnt that already.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    nice link.

I never realised about needing to squeeze them to check as well so from this I've learnt that already.

Same here, it's amazing how little we're taught in general I had a false alarm with this a couple years back and all the doctors etc were fantastic. It's worth getting checked ASAP if you are unsure
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Same here, it's amazing how little we're taught in general I had a false alarm with this a couple years back and all the doctors etc were fantastic. It's worth getting checked ASAP if you are unsure
    I had a false alarm too. I was cacking myself. Had to go to hospital for an ultrasound but all came back clear.

Rides
    Sorry to hear about this mate. You've got a good positive attitude about it and that will help no end. I hope you make a full recovery very soon.