Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard balls? Got a ball of steel? Read this now.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ste are you going to do some fund raising once you have recovered? Be good if the Sxoc could get behind it if you did.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Yeah mate - for now I'm just pimping out pages for peeps I know doing the race for life - But some of the peeps I work with and do band type stuff with have already jumped on board for a fundraising campaign :tuesday:.

Oh and by the way. Not waiting till the 1st Tue of the month....

IT'S TESTICLE TUESDAY!

8.30 - check your balls!

Rides
    Hope you all checked then

Rides
    Glad you're keeping a positive outlook on this mate, recently dealt with cancer in the family here as well (my brother) and I think it would've been much harder to deal with if everyone looked on the downside. Good luck with the future and good to hear you might fund raise. I imagine it's the same for you, but the support we had throughout the ordeal with my brother was fantastic and fund raising is a good way to say thanks.

Rides
    Good luck to you ste, as above glad your having such a positive attitude. It's certainly made me think more as im sure it's has many others in here aswell. The fundraising will be a fantastic idea.

Rides
    Thanks guys Well here is the latest
    I was back for the results today. As far as they can tell it hasn't spread . Now just have to wait on new blood results from today to check they didn't miss any or my right nut hasn't developed it in the mean time and onto Oncology at James cook hospital in Middlesbrough to decide if I get 2 chemo sessions as is common practice with the types of cancer I had. Yes that is plural there were 2 types in the same tumour. Not content with a straight shot, my nut was mixing up a cancer cocktail What's all that about?

But super happy with today's appt though

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    As said on Facebook, made up for you and yours don't step back from promoting the awareness though as you're doing a great job
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Sounds like good news, hopefully all good now! I had a scare a few years ago, found a lump on one of mine, got sent for a scan. Turned out it was a scar from falling off my DH bike in Wales. No wonder it hurt so much when I fell off!

Rides
    Wow, bit of a shock to hear this. Glad things look alright.

Rides
    Did you get a Metal bollock put in to replace the old one? Be cool to set of airport alarms with a metal testicle

On a serious note, hope you have a full recovery!

Rides
    Just seen this. Ste, hope all is going well with you..

A mate had the same thing years ago and was worried he'd never become a dad.. but the good new is after many years of IVF, they gave up and have since had 2 beautiful girls naturally without treatment.

Didn't want to add to any stress, but if you were worried, doesn't have to be that way

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    Sounds like good news, hopefully all good now! I had a scare a few years ago, found a lump on one of mine, got sent for a scan. Turned out it was a scar from falling off my DH bike in Wales. No wonder it hurt so much when I fell off!
    D'oh! . Thanks mate
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bennett View Post
    Wow, bit of a shock to hear this. Glad things look alright.
    Thanks John. Aye dude. Bit of a rollercoaster but glad that the end of the ride is in sight
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    Did you get a Metal bollock put in to replace the old one? Be cool to set of airport alarms with a metal testicle

On a serious note, hope you have a full recovery!
    Ha, it was offered but I declined as my urologist recommended avoiding an unnecessary infection risk delaying treatments . Can see why some people get them though. Feels bloody weird the first couple of weeks. You get right funny looks constantly adjusting yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Just seen this. Ste, hope all is going well with you..

A mate had the same thing years ago and was worried he'd never become a dad.. but the good new is after many years of IVF, they gave up and have since had 2 beautiful girls naturally without treatment.

Didn't want to add to any stress, but if you were worried, doesn't have to be that way
    I banked a few viles before the op just in case. Both the urologists that saw me pre op reckoned 'the lone ranger' wasn't up to much We already have two gorgeous little girls and no space for more at present so no short term plans to use my banked funds as yet

Rides
    Forgot to update this thread.

Tumour was made up of 3 types of Testicular Cancer....Post op testing was done twice....confirmed though...All gone . No chemo or radio req'd . Just a bit of head messed type issue to sort and it's as you were, albeit with a bit more space in the slacks a majorly altered outlook on life and a day off work a month for tests