Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: buzzing sound with new speakers

Rides
    tryed that, it didnt do jack for me

getting a auto electrician to sort it all out next weekend

Rides
    Fancie sending em to me to see if they work for me?

Rides
    I'm going to them on say, they're up in Leicester

Rides
    Some pioneer head units have an internal earth fuse that pops if 2 rca's touch and one is fiddling with his systems amps settings and its playing!
    I found out the hard way and recall it was a noise I at first thought was power lines too close to rca's,so re did all the wiring layout
    I had to send the head unit back to pioneer in the end to get them to repair it under warranty,this is not the spade fuse under the multi-plug for the live earth etc
    its inside the head unit and soldered on to a circuit board some where? I was told by the hu supplier
    just and idea to look into

Rides
    id go with that if i didnt earth the headunit to the amp earth and the buzzing went
    its when i earth my guages to a random point in the car the buzzing returns,
    been told about a stero surpressor to get and he thinks its just dodgy wiring when it comes to my guages giving me trouble with the speakers

we shall see on saturday

Rides
    Turns out its actually the brand new pioneer headunit that I bought from halfords
    We spent hours running earths and checking cables
    Only to find the music was perfect when we put in an alpine unit

Rides
    I ran the earth to the headunit no difference at all.

Its an alpine headunit.

The sound is constant with car on increasing with revs. The sound tripples in volume when the electric fans kick in which are earthed nowhere near the hu or amps. It comes out of all the speakers.

Do you think try a different headunit or buy a grouns loop isolator?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I ran the earth to the headunit no difference at all.

Its an alpine headunit.

The sound is constant with car on increasing with revs. The sound tripples in volume when the electric fans kick in which are earthed nowhere near the hu or amps. It comes out of all the speakers.

Do you think try a different headunit or buy a grouns loop isolator?
    Go with the free option first borrow a head unit off someone to test and if that doesnt work then spend money

Glad I saw this, got the same problem with mine and the battery cable goes right by the only speaker it whines/buzzes from which I know normally causes it but will try the earth to the same place as the amp thing first as I didnt know this trick also I have no idea how I'd re route the battery cable as its not long enough to and dont fancy ripping the 0gauge cable Ive got out again and replacing with longer cable
    Last edited by cChance; 05-08-2013 at 18:56.

Rides
    My sub does the same thing and these wires are nowhere near the bat cable. The rca cables r though.

Rides
    Must be to do with the RCA cables then I would have thought I dont see how it cant be. What RCA cables are you running? Normally slightly more expensive RCAs can handle audio installs with decent 4gauge going near them as the higher quality stuff is better insulated but with battery cable would have to be quite pricey RCAs to handle it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cChance View Post
    Must be to do with the RCA cables then I would have thought I dont see how it cant be. What RCA cables are you running? Normally slightly more expensive RCAs can handle audio installs with decent 4gauge going near them as the higher quality stuff is better insulated but with battery cable would have to be quite pricey RCAs to handle it
    ive never had any issues with these RCAs, they aint expensive ones but not super cheap. but seriously if its the battery cable why doesnt it do it with the engine off??????? theres still current going down the cable passed the RCA and the speaker cables.......just more current going through the cable creates worse EMF??

surely i can just wrap the power cable ?

also if its the power cable why does it increase with revs??? the car doesnt get more juice from the battery, it draws straight from the alt.

do you know how much i cant be arsed running 3 rca Pairs now ive put all the interior back in...... :/

Rides
    back to the drawing board, bought a new sony unit and less buzzing but its still there

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by super_woody View Post
    back to the drawing board, bought a new sony unit and less buzzing but its still there
    Surely put an alpine unit in that doesnt do it? Ive yet to replace my headunit lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    Surely put an alpine unit in that doesnt do it? Ive yet to replace my headunit lol
    If you make it Sunday, Ill chuck a few tools in the car and you can try my Alpine if you like

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cChance View Post
    If you make it Sunday, Ill chuck a few tools in the car and you can try my Alpine if you like
    Thats a nice offer dude but if i did come id be with my daughter id have no chance of doing work lol.

Ive got an alpine unit in my dads van just time to try it is limited.

Come to thibk of it my hu was cheap off a chinese guy. 2 & 2 n all that lol

Rides
    dont think its as simple as that, after us all thinking about it we were wondering if its either

A. the guages as when theyre not earthed then the buzzing is less
    B. the amp its a splx brand and poss crap
    C. some wiring before the headunit as when i turn right even a little it loses sound but bumps dont affect it

so fook knows but theres a issue some where to be found
    also i tryed a alpine headunit and buzzing was still there

got a new headunit and bought a supressor/ Ground Loop Isolator from halfords and its working alot better but not yet fixxed
    the Ground Loop Isolator i got from amazon via the link didnt do anything
    but the autoleads from halfodrds works and makes the buzzing liveable