Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My little project....

Rides

My little project....

Hi guys, I am still a bit of a forum noob so excuse me if I break any rules. I basically got an S13 (CA18DET) with a LSD about 6 months ago to sell on & after having a little fun in it I could not sell it
    I have owned a few Jap RWD cars including an RX7 & a skyline which were a lot more powerful but somehow this is a bit more fun
    She is a UK L reg with only 59,000 miles, 2 previous owners & tons of history including the original receipt. The tax ran out last month so I decided to get it into the garage & start a small project on it, the car is not bad but an old fellow had it for almost 20 years & he had a few scrapes with his gatepost I hear haha & considering its never been welded its not really that bad, I have started work on the rear sills, well they are almost finished to be honest & now I am starting to prep it for a full respray, nothing too drastic as its just going the same red with possibly a gloss black roof but the car is staying pretty much standard apart from a little extra boost
    I will try to pop some pics up when I can & have been approved & all that

Rides
    Welcome sounds like you are doing the right things

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Welcome for pictures set up a photobucket account and use that to upload the photos, to get them on to here all you then need to do is copy the "[IMG]" tags in to your post on here
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides

This was when I first bought it, if these pictures work I will put some more up of the work I have started

Rides

Had to get rid of this crap

Was worse than I thought

Couldnt find new sills or were a bit expensive so started fabricating my own plates

I did not really know how the arch lip of this was supposed to be so I had to go off some pictures a fellow s13 owner had & I am hoping its at least close enough to factory

Pretty much the same on the other side, I did rebuild the inner sills properly too for strength & its all been heavily waxoiled & seem sealed today

The only thing that bothers me about the s13 is the front bumper is a bit ugly how it sticks out at the top & kind of goes in at the bottom, I think it looks a bit like gail platt off corrie lol, so I wouldnt mind juast a suttle front splitter if anyone can point me in the right direction. I have seen a pic of one called a zenon lip? but believe it is rare/expensive, anyone got one . Anyway I will see what you guys think

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Get the kouki kit, best kit for the s13

Not cheap though
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Get the kouki kit, best kit for the s13

Not cheap though
    Haha its nice but no kits for this one, I am on a budget & this is staying pretty much stock to be honest especially body wise, I just want it to be clean mostly but any comments (negative or positive) welcome

Rides
    All welding finished yesterday, seem sealed, waxoiled a little more & schultz, my welding is not the prettiest but its strong it just took a bit of grinding to get it looking a bit smoother

Rides
    Well I was going to leave this boot lid up to the paint guy & was a bit worried the fact I knew it would be rotten that he would just sand flat then paint it so assuming a good tailgate would be hard to get hold of/expensive I figured welding plates in would be the best option. BTW is it worth moving this to a project thread or something? if so how would I do that, I told you I was a forum noob

Rides
    Any chance I can move this to a project thread mods? I feel this is all in the wrong place now sorry

Rides
    That's a members perk mate

For the cost it's worth paying, with the other benefits aswell

Rides
    Ah, cheers for that, I will be on the hunt for a few bits anyway, I am hoping to have in done for japshow

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m44t-xx View Post
    That's a members perk mate

For the cost it's worth paying, with the other benefits aswell
    I have now paid for membership, how do I do it?, do I need to wait for a mod to move a thread? :S

Rides
    You can PM a mod I'm sure they will be more than happy to do it. I'm sure Chriscooke above wouldn't mind moving it for you!

Rides
    I don't mess about when it comes to weight saving

I know I should have just bought a tailgate but I want it done now & I am enjoying learning to weld

Rides
    Welcome to the forum

Top work so far, you really went to town on that boot lid!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Top work so far, you really went to town on that boot lid!
    Just hoping it turns out alright when its finished, I went slightly higher in the middle of the lip a bit like an rx7/mx5 but maybe not as extreme so it will be a little different, I was not bothered as I have sad I am learning as well & enjoying a bit of welding, I wouldn't do it again though haha but I came this far with the sills etc. I will be happy if its ready for japshow, it will not be on a stand but I hope to go for a laugh with a couple of lads with gti-r's so it will be good if its done for then

Rides
    Welcome! looks good so far matey,and your welding skills are miles better than my "cough" attempts! and your still learning! Keep it up.

Rides
    Great work mate, im only in sunny blackpool might see you around some time?

Rides
    Great project and some awsome work going on :-)

As for a front splitter , seeing as your obviosly not afraid of doing body work i'd keep an eye out for a used/batterd chargespeed one .
    like mine :-D

It cost me £60 !! But it was as good as in three bits .