Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: johns s13 drift toy

Rides

johns s13 drift toy

was after a drift toy a couple of years ago and stumbled upon a 12k preface lift which is like brand new obviously i couldnt drift this so i have decided to keep hold of this and buy another s13 its done 135k needs a respray and various bits welding and got the dreaded ca death rattle at 3k but on the plus side its on tein coilovers and its got a welded in roll cage here are a few pics

Rides
    One minter and one drift car. Perfect combo lol. It doesn't look too bad in the pics.

Rides
    Yeah I got the best of both worlds, the pics do it justice tough and like all 13s its already stated draining my bank balance as the gear box is now stuck in 1st, another thing to go on the really long list of things I need.

Rides
    I'd rather have a 13 than lots of money. You can't take it with you when you deck it lol.

I take it you're going to strip the engine if it's rattling by the way?

Rides
    lol yeah thats true, going to rebuild the ca so will take the box out at the same time, hopefully the crank isn't completely f*cked.

Rides
    It sounds like it is going to go through your money lol. Never mind. At least you've got a decent cage and coilovers.

Rides
    well started welding today spent most of the day and only got half done
    its even started rusting from inside out the pic i got was the passenger side near where the seat belt bolts to, will be back on it in a few weeks to get the rest of the welding done and undersealed

thought i would take a pic of both together my grey one will be on the road in the next few weeks

Rides
    great looking pair there mate, hopefully well see the grey one at a few more meets this summer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    What condition is that spare in ? Very happy to trade you an average one plus cash for it if its unused

sent from t'internet

Rides
    yeah hope so mate, i work every other sunday and most of the hc meets im working but will try to get to as many as i can, sorry jonny the spare has been used mate and all the wheels are in average condition

Rides
    update time spent the last 3 days on the 13, got the engine and box out started painting the engine bay and repairing and priming, and i broke the windscreen trying to get the trim out
    another thing on the list and spent the hole day welding but now all the welding is done also got my s14 front brakes
    next week my t28 turbo should be here and the rear spats

Rides
    Looking good mate keep it up.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    You could have two more different cars really, could you ?

I bet the second one cost you more than the first to buy and the condition is like chalk and cheese. Good on you for wading into it though.

You need to get the grey one to the weekender. There will be much ooh-ing and aah-ing if you do

Rides
    cheers for the comments guys, jonny i got the best of both worlds now eh, after buying this one i can see why there isn't so many 13s left though its had 2 hole days welding i wonder how many people would just say f*ck it and scrap it, yeah im going to the weekender mate looking forward to it

Rides
    right well its been a while, have been busy on the old girl got my calipers painted and the car prepped for paint one of my mates is a painter by trade so got him over to blast over it for me its came out really well im off work for the next few days so i will be under sealing the hole car and painting the inside, also got some wheels the off set aint great but some spacers will help that think im going to paint them white to here are a few pics

Rides
    got the cage painted today, and most of me and the car undersealed lol tomorrow im going to finish off the undersealing and paint the floor then in a few weeks i will start rebuilding the engine

Rides
    Looking very nice in white mate

Did you paint the cage after fitting it ?

Rides
    cheers jonny, yeah as it was already fitted when i bought the car , it did take a liitle while but got round it ok and with the windscreen out made it easier to, i love white 13s so was the obvious choice for it, plan was to paint the roof and a pilers black but kinda happy i didnt now

Rides
    Ermmm... you know white cars have black a-pillars and stripe over the top of the door, right ?

I think it is done with a kind of wrap.

Like this...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Ermmm... you know white cars have black a-pillars and stripe over the top of the door, right ?

I think it is done with a kind of wrap.

Like this...

Yeah they where black on it already mate that's why I thought of doing the roof black to but seen a few white ones like that so thought I would be a bit different and go all white