Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World Championship Snooker 2013

Rides
    Easy victory for Ronnie in my eyes. Not even playing at his best. The player that will give him any hassle I feel is Ding.

Rides
    Yea, Ding is looking sharp but I'm still liking my pre-tournament bet at 13/2 I put on Ronnie

Rides
    Ronnie this afternoon if you missed it, make sure you watch it on catch-up. I was working and listening to it on the headphones, but flicked to it occasionally - it was proper vintage Ronnie

And it's made me realise it was that 'perfect' snooker he plays that makes every other pro, let alone amateur, in the world look like they're struggling at their own sport. Incredible. I see Trump be 6" out and I think "that's a bit crap", when it's really not - it's just not perfect like Ronnie manages, almost every shot.

Rides
    Couldn't agree with you more. I watched it from start to finish and was pretty much perfect snooker bar that missed red to the middle. It's almost robotic in a way, but a total clearance from Ronnie will always be more entertaining than any other player.

Rides
    Finally Ronnie. Tomorrow won't be one to miss against Trump.

Rides
    Will be a good match that - and good to see Barry or Ricky getting through to the final

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie200sx View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I watched it from start to finish and was pretty much perfect snooker bar that missed red to the middle. It's almost robotic in a way, but a total clearance from Ronnie will always be more entertaining than any other player.
    It's a shame he's such a colossally arrogant arse hat.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    As someone who suffers similar issues with perfectionism and motivation I can totally understand where Ronnie is coming from.

But you're right, some of the stuff he comes out with makes him sound like a nobber.

Rides
    But what he says helps make his character - if he was boring and didn't cause controversy, he wouldn't be as popular and draw the crowds.

Listened to the first session this afternoon - sadly will have to do the same tomorrow morning and will miss the final session tomorrow evening as not home reakky could go either way I think.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    I do agree with you in a way. His arrogance makes him so entertaining. Anyone who asks how much the prize money is for a 147 after potting two reds and blacks, then completing a 147, is sheer brilliance. He even contemplated potting the final black.

Rides
    Well, true class.

Good luck to the winner of the other semi, they're going to need it! Playing like he is, they'll be lucky to make double figures in games won in the final.

Roll on tomorrow and Monday

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    Well, true class.

Good luck to the winner of the other semi, they're going to need it! Playing like he is, they'll be lucky to make double figures in games won in the final.

Roll on tomorrow and Monday
    That 13/2 bet you put on looks extremely good now. I wonder what the odds are now on Ronnie?

Rides
    Odds are now 1/8 no surprise really thought I guess.

Gutted I only put a fiver on, as I agree the bet looks VERY good now

Rides
    I had a tenner on before the tournament at 7/1. Hopefully this will pay for my fuel for Japfest. I think it's in the bag to be honest. But you just never know.

Rides
    Nice, slightly better odds than me too! I had £25 in my Bet365 account and was SO tempted to just whack the whole lot on, but just didn't know how he was going to play.

He just simply can't lose in the final - neither of the 2 he might play can string 5 pots together under the Crucible pressure. I just hope it's vintage and he smashes them off the table in style, will be epic!

Rides
    18-5 with a session to spare would be nice.
    Then I'll plan to go to Sheffield next year as soon as Ronnie makes his mind up whether he participates.

Rides
    I didn't see much off this years championship as im currently residing in Australia..... but what can i say, how good is Ronnie when he wants to be! all the talk from Trump before the semi, and then Ronnie just cleans up! theres only one Ronnie O'Sullivan! super snooker from him, and his usual interview madness!

Rides
    There are some juicy odds available on frame score

18-3 is 50/1, although I admit unlikely. I had a tenner left in my bet365 account so I went £1.25 each on 8 bets from 18-3, 18-4, up to 18-10. If the worst came in, I make a minimum £2 profit on my tenner. I don't think he'll take more than 10 frames off Ronnie

Rides
    A 147 would just put the icing on the cake for me. Session one just about to start.

Rides
    And here we go for the final session awesome intro on HD from the BBC