Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: s14a weekend fun machine something along the lines of needs to be a s14.5 now lol.

Rides
    Not a fan of the s14.5 so out of those it would have to be the uras.

Rides
    Hi Darren is it just the front end you want to change, or is it the whole kit ? If it's the whole kit I would go for the vx kit
    or the s14.5 if it's just the front your changing

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 200sxdon View Post
    Hi Darren is it just the front end you want to change, or is it the whole kit ? If it's the whole kit I would go for the vx kit
    or the s14.5 if it's just the front your changing
    Hi mate either way im gonna be doing everything, new bumpers, wings, over fenders everything.

Rides
    Nice I would deffo go for the Vx

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 200sxdon View Post
    Nice I would deffo go for the Vx
    Thinking s15 now just swayed over more slightly as not as common :P.

So lots of parts ordered recently

Bride super low rail came.
    Db power battery relocate kit off clive.
    Window spoiler off cleverly.
    My carbon EPR deflectors came tody aswell.

Also set about one of my rear wheels with autosol while katie was watchin Ghost Adventures as i hate that creepy shit, this is how it turned out with some microfibre and autosol.

Just another three wheels to go. Im hopeing that a H-Dev 1a chip will come up for sale soon as i will need it soon but if not straight from the website it must be.

Rides
    Nice work. Really need to find a relocation kit for myself.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_e36 View Post
    Nice work. Really need to find a relocation kit for myself.
    Yeah man they seem good quality, cant wait to get my hands on mine to get it fitted!

Rides
    After todays carbq meet and a discussion with the other sx lads iv decided to use my s14a front end to learn on before fitting the s15 front end.

If my lights ever get to me because i gave the guy my old work address facepalm!

This is the kit i have decided on.

Vx style skirts and rear from s14.

Vx stylw bumper and oem bonnet from s15 and conversion wings 20mm+ with 50mm+ rear overa and a roof spoiler.

Rides
    And today i picked up some nice doorcards off a fairly local guy whos car got wrote off.

No more cream.

Rides
    General upfdate since its been a while and i have been busy with my other car.

Have a flocked dash now that im going to put it once im confidemt with the vent holes bwi g cut out to fir a rollcage.

Also the big part came from japan today, my s15 headlights for my s14.5 conversion, got made a fool.of.on ebay with a guy for a s15 front bumper so got a refud for that so will need to get all the panels still.

k

Also have a battery relocate kit, window spoiler and harnesses now to.fit aswell.

Rides
    Nice project mate, will be following this with interest, great work so far.

Cheers Aj

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj82 View Post
    Nice project mate, will be following this with interest, great work so far.

Cheers Aj
    Thanks mate i appreciate that, im hoping the pace picks up a bit as seen as september is looming closer, 21 years old and able to drive my s14 will be a great birthday presant lol.

Rides
    New parts off andy today,

New sideskirts need a wee fix and paint but look sweet imo.

And the big one that gave me hope that i will finish in a few weeks, horsham stage 1a chip"

Keep this updated more regularly now when im not being a fitness freak on my new mountain bike lol.

Rides
    Right update time eventualy.

Set about getting things ready for my birthday Sept 1st fpr anyone who wants to buy me a prezzie but basically im 21 on my birthday and want to be able to drive my car now i am old enough to.insure it

Started off by sending my ecu back to horsham for the stage 1a ecu chip to get fitted, no pics of this.but

Ok so first problem the oem wheel nuts do not fit inside the holes, well the nuts do but the 21mm soclet is too big so i have ordered 17mm wheel nuts from Driftworks.

Next problem, the 11" wide rear wheels, just sat them on while it was jacked up.

Looks not bad from the side but the picture of the inside shows i.clearly need a spacer, size i have no.idea yet but going to buy some when i decide after a bit of tinkering.

Next issue, Front wheel hits off the calliper really bad, think atleast a 20mm spacer is needed to sort this.

Started raining on saturday

Was not going to let that stop me but.

Cracked on with a batery relocate i bought off clive used, db power i think.

Ran the cable through took me a while to get through the grommet.

Battery hooked up and made sure the electrics were working lights and hazards, wipers etc.

Next step was the boost controller, i was clueless got the boost controller off dread a while back and it came already on a hanger so the solenoid has been in my car for ages but the wireing was confusing me. So the nice member Carlos came down and assured me it was easy enough and we cracked on.

We ran the boost vac pipe through the small grommet behind the inlet manifold and said we would do the wireing mext time as it was pouring of rain but when Carlos left it dryed up and i decided to run the wireing through the same grommet.

Ran the wirei g on the engine side up behind the brake lines and round the abs pump into the solenoid.

Inside wireing is Carlos job as he is more equiped to do it :P so all i did was earth it.

I also have bought some braided lines incase i have cracked my oem ones when i removed my turbo.

And my recaro ready to go in with my fake takata lol :P

Have ordered black automotive carpet dye for roof lining and carpet so its all nice and fresh inside.

Rides
    Another small update.

Got a few spare minutes today so i snipped the inlet manifold hose here.

Fitted the T Piece and stuck on the boost controller hose, all set ready for Carlos to wire in soon.

Also got stuck into the roof lining and done it in black not happy with how it turned out but its darker and almost black, that was two tins aswell so must be doing something wrong

Before.

First coat.

Fitted back in, kinda.

Somewhat patchy but will do for now.

Stuck some of this on and sorted a few patches of surface rust, need to get the proper stuff looked at over the winter.

And lastly today i stuck the rear half of the cage in for tommorow when the mate Gary and my woman katie are gonna help me out and get the cage and flocked dash in, sort out the size of spacers i need aswellso i can get them ordered.

More updates tommorow, hopefully of dash and cage fitted and all back together :P

Rides
    Thanks to a good shift put in by my dad and these pair.

The cage is now in and bolted to the floor just need to tighgen the floor bolts up.

Although Gaz took his toll on the windsxreen, clumsy lad!

More pics tonight of updates! Ready this week for driving, fingers crossed!.

Rides
    looks like a good build thread so far dude. what s15 bumper you going for the front

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by joetheeskimo View Post
    looks like a good build thread so far dude. what s15 bumper you going for the front
    Thanks man, i havent got it set in stone yet but id like the VX style off EPR or a genuine aerokit with the lip, or just a ebay job yhat i can time attack look.

Your cars looking mean the now btw started following you on instagram.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by darrengodfrey View Post
    Thanks man, i havent got it set in stone yet but id like the VX style off EPR or a genuine aerokit with the lip, or just a ebay job yhat i can time attack look.

Your cars looking mean the now btw started following you on instagram.
    thanks dude really appreciate it. i will be keepin a keen eye on this build

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by joetheeskimo View Post
    thanks dude really appreciate it. i will be keepin a keen eye on this build
    Thanks very much mate glad your gonna follow

So tonight me and my woman Katie got to tightening up the cage feet untill Gary got there with his car so i could try his spacers out so.

Tried my rear wheel on Garys s14a with a 20mm spacer and +30mm fenders.

Just to see the scale of size Garys wheel on the right is 9.5" wide and mines are wider, by a bit, as you can see :P

So then took his spacer off and tried on mine.

Rear on my car with the spacer and standard un modified arches.

Plenty of space at the rear whefe as i had no space for coilover without spacer.

Now tge front which i forgot to get pics of.

Spacers bolted on.

Hundreds of space for calipers now and for even bigger callipers.

Didnt get a picture on the floor, but heres a useless pic that doesnt show how it suits but suits really well with the same 20mm spacer so will be ordering a full set soon.

Gary also tried to wire in my Gizzmo to no success unfortunately. Update tommorow i hope.