Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2110

Thread: I want to get a bike license

Rides
    Hey, the Suzuki looks alright, doesn't it ? I can't believe you got a pic of me with my phone shoved in my armpit trying to get a glucose reading lol.

I liked the GSXR quite a lot by the time we'd ridden round a bit. We'll go early on a Sunday next time when there are fewer cars about.

I think I'm going to chuck a quieter exhaust on it and track it for a few days next year then see about taking the Aprilia out on track when I've got my eye back in. Fancy having a go on track ?

Rides
    Paid for a Professional to clean my bikes up. BikecleanXtreme - very helpful chap, very nice bloke.

The Enfield came up really well - engine sparkles

Last edited by arry; 09-11-2019 at 15:22.

Rides
    Part of today's excitement - taking Bimble along for its very first MOT. Can't believe I've had it near 3 years already. Madness.

Passed with flying colours - well I say that but I don't think it could have failed. It passed fine because the MOT tester did his usual of riding the bike round in a circle, tooting the horn, parking it up, looking at it and going 'yeah it's alright'

Because it had been sat a while I thought best stick battery on charge night before. What's this old tech

Will grab a Motobatt at some point for it - this one did alright in the end; it probably would have started without charging even after a couple of months.

Jobs to do:
    1) Replace the Indian dog-poo chain
    2) Repair / replace / bodge the Reg/Rec bracket which has snapped Not a big fuss but kinda annoying given it's not done a whole load of work.

Jobs to do on KTM - sell it and buy something else Too many foibles and it's annoying me now. How my old Jag can get better fuel economy than this thing is beyond me but it can

Rides
    Well I finally grew up and swapped out the gp asbo pipe on the blade for a genuine HRC yoshi, and it sounds superb by comparison

But... I have found a small split in the seat, so will have to sort that before i put it up for sale... I really must do it this year, I really like the look of arrys ktm!

At 18yrs old it's still passing MOT with no issues... just this year they picked up on no plate light (which it's never had in my ownership)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Can you PM how much you want for it ?

And how loud is the pipe ?

Rides
    Well this self isolation bollocks is a right old chore

Little 50 mile bimble out and back around to a local fishing lake with a little cafe. Sat outside in the sun and tucked in fo sheez

Have changed the chain and the tyres for RoadRiders which gives it a totally different feel. All scrubbed in now.

KTM's turn today if I get chance.

Might even see if I can stay 6 feet away from a dealer whilst negotiating a trade in price

Rides
    Whoops I popped out again

I went somewhere familiar for the second day in a row - this time on a different machine though

And attacked the little lanes a bit on the way home.

Rides
    Luckily got one last ride in before things in the country's situation with Covid-19 went properly sideways.

The RoadRiders needed to be thoroughly run in so I took the opportunity and now I have a problem - I'm scraping solid metal objects on an Enfield Gotta slow it down....

Went here to see this - I'd seen it before, but it's as good a place as any to ride out to around here; the roads through the Dengie Pensinsula are good when the traffic is quiet.

It's the boat....that ROCKED. Radio Caroline. Still broadcasting.

And then I stopped back at Hanningfield Reservoir for a break on the way back.

That Civic Type R there just in corner of shot was one of about 8 cars out on a jolly. There were a group of three I had followed earlier - a GT86, Golf R and something else I can't quite remember. I think they were quite upset I'd stuck with them on an Enfield But they were really slow in the bends.....

Last one for a while I guess. When it's all over first job will be to take the KTM in and get shot.

Rides
    Have let me know what the trade in offer is on the KTM.....

Waiting for all this lock down shiz be over before trying sell the blade.... but I am saving some dosh not going out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    Have let me know what the trade in offer is on the KTM.....

Waiting for all this lock down shiz be over before trying sell the blade.... but I am saving some dosh not going out

I'll keep you informed mate

Rides
    Well I finally grew up and swapped out the gp asbo pipe on the blade for a genuine HRC yoshi, and it sounds superb by comparison

But... I have found a small split in the seat, so will have to sort that before i put it up for sale... I really must do it this year, I really like the look of arrys ktm!

At 18yrs old it's still passing MOT with no issues... just this year they picked up on no plate light (which it's never had in my ownership)

Nice, I've picked up a 954 just a few months back, only rode it twice so far, hell of a bike though, especially for its age can't wait to get it out again when the whole corona situation is over! Will get some pics up soon.

Rides
    The power commander, k&n and yoshi have made a noticeable difference...

If it's not got one already a power commander should be top of your mod list,

I do love it, certainly fills the void my fast car left... but I've got older and slightly more sensible, so it will be sold soon

Rides
    The power commander, k&n and yoshi have made a noticeable difference...

If it's not got one already a power commander should be top of your mod list,

I do love it, certainly fills the void my fast car left... but I've got older and slightly more sensible, so it will be sold soon

I might send you a message about the power commander and the maps if you don't mind, fitted a Beowulf can and noticed it smoother than the stock one funnily enough and now has a lovely crackle on the overrun! Need to check it's not got a PC already fitted as the baffle inside the exhaust had already been chopped off when I swapped the cans over so must have had an aftermarket can fitted in the past!

Rides
    When I fitted the gp asbo pipe there was a noticeable loss of power, until I fitted the pc3, then it had a noticeable loss of mpg! But was a lot more revvy.

Now with the yoshi pipe and suitable pc3 map it's lifting the wheel up to 3rd, much better usable torque over out and out revs and back upto 120+ miles per tank, over the 80 with the gp can.

Check of it still has the exup valve plumbed in, apparently removing it makes it feel smoother, at a cost of mid range torque

Rides
    When I fitted the gp asbo pipe there was a noticeable loss of power, until I fitted the pc3, then it had a noticeable loss of mpg! But was a lot more revvy.

Now with the yoshi pipe and suitable pc3 map it's lifting the wheel up to 3rd, much better usable torque over out and out revs and back upto 120+ miles per tank, over the 80 with the gp can.

Check of it still has the exup valve plumbed in, apparently removing it makes it feel smoother, at a cost of mid range torque

Ye still has the exhaust valve sure I can feel it through the range and hear the tone change but will double check, probably pull the fairings off and clean behind them now I have a bit of time on my hands. Here's a pic from my first proper, more brisk should I say, ride on the bike (which was also the last time I rode it) with my friend and his k5 gsxr1000.

Will have to get back to you on miles per tank as only filled it up once so far....

Lockdown at home by Daniel Collins, on Flickr

Rides
    With things getting a bit easier on lockdown watch, I've decided this week to go for a bit of a run on both bikes to get some fresh air (cheers Boris) at the (not so local) beauty spots.

Both bikes were pretty clean apart from a bit of garage dust. Got some pics cos reasons.

And then the KTM

KTM now officially for sale though. I just can't get on with it any more. My back injury has made my leg too numb and stopping on my left foot just feels really odd, to the point it makes me nervous.

Rides
    Anybody want a fireblade?

Rides
    She cleans up very well for 18yrs old...

Anyone for a special SXOC price before it hits eBay?

Rides
    Oooh, that looks familiar

Was a pleasure to drive the 7hr round trip to Arrys, and I am more than pleased with the KTM, couldn't help myself and got it insured as soon as I got it out the van, pulled the baffles out the pipes and went see how it rides....

Freaking awesomely, that's how - even better than expected and the difference between the two is night and day, the KTM is 1000x more "me".

Arry, your a gent and thanks for the awesome bike!

They do look good together.....

Last edited by DLowe; 24-05-2020 at 18:09.

Rides
    No worries D. Really pleased you're happy with it. Careful cos it is a murderous bastard and is probably just trying to draw you in and then, when you least expect it, your uppance will come!

Pleasure. Glad it's gone to someone who will enjoy it. I have some really good times on that bugger. Lincolnshire Wolds, Dorset Coast, Norfolk TT, sure there's others. It's been emotional.

Enjoy yourself mate.