Page 72 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2110

Thread: I want to get a bike license

Rides
    Was a shoulder injury that kept me off the road mate - couldn't steer lol. Well, still can't really but no change there

Rides
    Spent last weekend hooning around Wales with the rest of the 12R boys

Great roads in Wales

We even managed to have a punt at the Titan Zipline in Bangor. Highly recommended (even if you end up doing it in one piece racing leathers )
    Last edited by GrahamB; 01-06-2015 at 12:04.
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    And you didnt even call in for a coffee

Next time you have to try Zip Below Extreme

Rides
    Well I think it's time to get serious about changing the fireblade.... its thoroughly awesome in every way, but my knee and wrists think otherwise,

Been thinking a lot about a tiger, but now we have the little one my budget is dwindling, my attention has been drawn to yamaha 's mt range.

The mt09 looks absolutely awesome for my taste, although the same price band as a tiger, maybe be able to get one 1-2 years newer than the trumpet for the same price.... but then I have just discovered the MT 01, that looks like a machine that is right up my street, I loved the ducati monster I had before, it was just a bit lax when it came to power.

Anyone experienced the mt's? I ruled out the mt03 as it seems a bit more of a "first bike"

Rides
    MT09 Tracer is on my potential list

Been looking at KTM 990 SM or Super dukes lately - they may suit you

Rides
    Also been checking the super dukes, they would be sweet, but out of budget for a 07+ which apparently is the one to have..

Found a mt01 on piston heads, struck up a conversation with the seller, but it's starting to smell of a scam

Listing says it's in Kent, email says it's in Truro - wants to only deal through PayPal and says they can sort delivery with a inspection period....I don't like that and would want to pay cash on collection, it's not a scam I have heard of - anyone else?

Rides
    No idea mate but if it's not too far into Kent I may be able to go view just to verify existence

Rides
    Cheers... wating for a reply with some close ups of clocks to verify milage (1650!) And service stamps to prove it's real, then I'm going to ask if I can arrange for someone to view - see what response I get

Apparently the bike is in Truro Cornwall, although the ad says Kent - Googleing their email seems they had a vw camper for sale in London. .

Rides
    If it looks to good to be true, it probably is.

I'd give it a miss. Better to miss a bargain that to lose your hard-earned.

Rides
    Just had this reply.... along with about 12 photos of the bike, papers and clocks..

"Hi,*I am offering free delivery and I will agree for a 5-7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the bike ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the bike for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the bike back on my cost! Thanks"

Seems to be legit, but as always I'm sceptical when it comes to PayPal deals, they seem to be arranging delivery through a third party and so want paying beforehand - the bike hasn't moved for 2 yrs so not rideable home (reflected in price) but is 2k cheaper than any others I have seen so don't mind putting a battery and tyres on for mot etc

Tho I assume doing it that way I'd never get anything back from eBay as they can prove I received the goods?

Rides
    Just had this back when I said I'd look at borrowing a van and paying cash....

"Hello,*

The bike is already into Shiply (eBay official delivery company) custody, ready to be shipped, and only authorized eBay staff have access to it. In order to take it off Shiply, I would have to cancel the agreement with them only to sort it to you and I'm sorry but I will not do that . It is your call if you want to buy it or not. You are not the only one interested , as you can see it is a great price for a great bike. I have listed it for other potential buyers too , few of them confirmed that they will have the money available shortly. If you want to buy it, I told you the terms, I will sell it to the first one who pay for it, as normal.

Thanks"

Think I'll be giving it a miss

Rides
    Yeah **** that

Rides
    That has fit-up written all over it.

Rides
    yeah first the strange payment method and now the pressure selling. Why can't these ****s go and make an honest living.

Rides
    Right. It's time to move the Sprint on. I just don't feel connected with it any more.

So far everything seems to feel really expensive. I paid £4.5k for the Sprint in 2011 and similar age / style of bikes are much, much more than that now Makes it hard to see VFM for something that doesn't do a lot of miles - but I suppose I just have to hang onto the fact re-sale wouldn't be too terrible.

Requirements:
    Must be good 2 up
    Trying not to go heavyweight - lighter than the Sprint if possible
    Nothing too boring

Otherwise, I'm game. Had a look at KTM 990 SM's which seem to fit the bill. Any more for any more?

I don't have a budget because as anyone who read my last What Car? thread I don't stick to them anyway, nor the requirements

Rides
    You seem to have conflicting requirements there, Arry.

Good 2-up = heavy and boring

Last bike I can think of that fitted that bill was the ThunderAce.

Have you looked at Blackbirds ? Busas are ugly...and heavy.

Only other thing I can think of are the GSX1400/CB1300 retro style bikes but they're pretty heavy.

What sort of miles does it have to be comfy for 2-up ? Touring miles or quick blast/50 miles ?

Rides
    Quick blast 50 miles really. Rosanna gets grumpy any further.

I know. It's a tough one TBH. Other option is to buy something else alongside sprint and keep the sprint for two up. Bit overkill though

Rides
    The tiger 800 xc is the bike my mrs has said is the best she has sat on pillion, I had a go on one while I was having the blade mot done and it was ace, definitely near the top of my list come change time, tho out of budget at the min

Rides

I want to get a bike license

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Have you looked at Blackbirds ? Busas are ugly...and heavy.
    Can't go wrong with a blackbird my '97 has done 35 k since I bought it in December 2013 (up to 72k total now) and not missed a beat. Had fork seals, fluids and tyres but nothing gone wrong. Can always change to vfr bars or add risers if the bars are too low.
    Last edited by voodoo_melon; 27-07-2015 at 11:48.

Rides
    If you ignore the middle requirement, then the Diavel fits the bill

Well, you didn't say you had a budget ! Used prices start at 9,500