Page 46 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to get a bike license

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer_foxwell View Post
    Aahh okay. I think I'm confusing it for that rubbish EU thing that adds air to the exhaust. Or something.
    Maybe. EXUP has been around since the 80s. First introduced on the FZR1000 IIRC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_FZR1000

Rides
    Thanks for the link, so it's a bit like the exhaust butterfly BMW use and maybe others?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    An end can wouldn't interfere with the EXUP, would it ?

I know what you mean about the RRX, but, in a way, I liked having to maul it about. I had a 954 after the RRX and it was just like a quick 600 but I didn't feel like I was having to "boss" it. It was like you knew it would bite you if you took the p!ss whereas the 954 would get you in trouble before you realised it was too late
    A end can removes the EXUP, there was a scorpion for sale that had been modifed with the EXUP, they had cut it off a standard pipe and welded the pipe to the end of the can, looked quite good but had to stop spending as I emptied my account buying the wasp, tail tidy and grips! Heard conflicting information about the EXUP some say its for noise other for mid range, but after removing this it would pop more, only way would be to refit EXUP or remove the AIS and im not sure I want to go down that route,

Ive never ridden a 954 always fancied one, did it ever bite you?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog1982 View Post
    A end can removes the EXUP, there was a scorpion for sale that had been modifed with the EXUP, they had cut it off a standard pipe and welded the pipe to the end of the can, looked quite good but had to stop spending as I emptied my account buying the wasp, tail tidy and grips! Heard conflicting information about the EXUP some say its for noise other for mid range, but after removing this it would pop more, only way would be to refit EXUP or remove the AIS and im not sure I want to go down that route,

Ive never ridden a 954 always fancied one, did it ever bite you?
    A remap to suit a new can would eliminate that over fuelling that was probably causing the popping. I wouldnt swap the end can over without a remap these days.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior View Post
    A remap to suit a new can would eliminate that over fuelling that was probably causing the popping. I wouldnt swap the end can over without a remap these days.
    Who maps bikes or is it a case of a power commander?

Rides
    A Yamaha dealer should be able to do it. Triumph around here do and I don't think they charge either.

Rides
    On a bike like that, I wouldn't want to remove the mid-range grunt it provides.

Let me see what I can find out about your options. Might take a couple of days.

I'll PM you about when the 954 tried to bite me as I suspect some of Prior's colleagues might not approve of the circumstances

Rides
    954's bite!!! getting me nervous for this year

mine does give you that feeling that it will go far far far faster than I am willing to push it, then end in a shit storm, but for sensibly quick riding it's fantastic. laid back when it needs to be and a endless supply of power when required, the only limit seems to be the rider (which could lead to some interesting rides if you were to get cocky with it)

it was my Ducati that bit me, or should I say my stupidity on the Ducati.....

had it pretty much sold, ready to upgrade after my first year of riding on it, booked in to renew MOT for new owner (in February) took it down a road I should have known better than to and slid off on some ice, I falsely thought it would be ok going for a gentle ride as it was so easy to handle in the dry/milder weather
    Last edited by DLowe; 25-02-2014 at 19:24.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    954's bite!!! getting me nervous for this year
    I just found that doing silly things on it didn't feel silly until I found I had run out of exit strategies.

The RR-X was a mate your Mrs could trust you to go down the pub for a pint with and come home at 11 oclock, chilled out.

Pop out for a quick one with the 954 and you could well end up getting home at 4 am covered in puke, with your hair plastered to your head with lapdancer's lovejuice and a lot of explaining to do.

I never was very good with analogies

Rides
    Yes you are

Rides
    I just found that doing silly things on it didn't feel silly until I found I had run out of exit strategies.

The RR-X was a mate your Mrs could trust you to go down the pub for a pint with and come home at 11 oclock, chilled out.

Pop out for a quick one with the 954 and you could well end up getting home at 4 am covered in puke, with your hair plastered to your head with lapdancer's lovejuice and a lot of explaining to do.

Where's the Like button?!

Rides
    the milf analogies is the best one ive ever seen

Rides
    One of my bikes

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hannakournikova View Post
    One of my bikes
    Mmmmm. Sweet.

I test rode a grey import one of those in the 90s (1997 ?) and it was so small and flickable.

Sadly, I was so shoved over the front that I couldn't see the bike at all while on the move so I felt like the crazy frog riding along with nothing underneath me. Now, every time I see one, I hear that annoying song in my head

I was looking for a track bike and ended up buying an FZR400RR 3TJ. Because of my advancing years I gave up on 400s after I found I couldn't get off the bike after a track session at Lydden coz my hips and knees had seized up due to the cramp riding position. I've always used 600s on track since.

What else have you got, Chris ?

Rides
    Lovely 400. single sided swingarm & inverted forks, so much better equipped than the other grey imports. I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Rides

But your metaphors are great.

Ooh. I love a bit of pedantry..

Rides
    Mmmmm. Sweet.

I test rode a grey import one of those in the 90s (1997 ?) and it was so small and flickable.

Sadly, I was so shoved over the front that I couldn't see the bike at all while on the move so I felt like the crazy frog riding along with nothing underneath me. Now, every time I see one, I hear that annoying song in my head

I was looking for a track bike and ended up buying an FZR400RR 3TJ. Because of my advancing years I gave up on 400s after I found I couldn't get off the bike after a track session at Lydden coz my hips and knees had seized up due to the cramp riding position. I've always used 600s on track since.

What else have you got, Chris ?
    Yea its Chris. I have 3 VFR400, rvf400, cbr600 and an SP2

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran O'Quick View Post
    But your metaphors are great.

Ooh. I love a bit of pedantry..
    I always thought a metaphor was a type of analogy ? Ho-hum.

Rides
    Hello fellow Bike enthusiasts i am currently planning a weeks trip round Northern France Tue 1st to Tue 8th July doing the Somme - Normandy battle fields etc

So far its me my bro and Mike going with the Chunnel and booking B&B and bunkhouses as accommodation so if anyone fancy joining us drop me a PM with contact details and i`ll get back to you as i can

Quick costings are Chunnel £70 return and Bunkhouse E17 /Night including Brekkie

Clai

Rides
    How many miles per day are you thinking ?

sent from t'internet