Page 95 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2110

Thread: I want to get a bike license

Rides
    Great pics, Amalfi Coast is now firmly on the bucket list

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    £200 a day including bike, fuel, gear, overnight B&B, a guide and tuition.

Trail Riding UK if anyone fancies a go at it.
    That's bloody cheap, innit. I do fancy a go at that, at some point.

Rides
    That sounds like a proper good way spend a day out....

As soon as my garage is finished I can see where a couple hundred quids getting spent

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    That sounds like a proper good way spend a day out....

As soon as my garage is finished I can see where a couple hundred quids getting spent

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Nice roads from Stoke to Welshpool too

https://trailridinguk.com

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Great pics, Amalfi Coast is now firmly on the bucket list
    Do it. Was great.

This was slightly off the coast, on the SS163 up to Sorrento. It gets far, far more bendy back towards the coast

2018_0519_110424_014(523725-681233) by arry arry, on Flickr

Rides
    Anywhere near Anglesey Graham ?

Rides
    Yesterday I met up with a couple of fellow Enfield owners for a run through the Essex countryside. Started around Tiptree, then down to Tollesbury, then onto Mersea Island for a final stop before working my way back through the Maldon lanes to go home.

We were making some great noises

View out over the marina (albeit I'm cheating a bit, as this was from today when I took my 911 down there with the wife in tow).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clai cerrig View Post
    You should call in to see Dave if you get chance Graham. He makes a lovely cup of tea

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clai cerrig View Post
    Sadly not Dave

We didn't even make it to Aberystwyth on Saturday as one of our lot got a bit enthusiastic with his front brake and binned it mid corner

Wheel then hit the kerb which deflated the tyre and shattered two of the three spokes
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    We didn't even make it to Aberystwyth on Saturday as one of our lot got a bit enthusiastic with his front brake and binned it mid corner

Wheel then hit the kerb which deflated the tyre and shattered two of the three spokes
    Sounds like the eventful trip we had a few years back. Deek binned it just as we got over the border on the Friday and left the bike in a field Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse one of the other guys pitched it off the top of the mountain in the Brecon Beacons and ended up 30 feet down off the road with busted ribs and shoulder - standing out on top of the black mountains at 10pm waiting for a recovery truck was fun, especially when you it's Sunday night in Wales, you have 50 miles or so to get back to your hotel, and you know you're barely fuelled with naff all chance of getting any until the morning.

Rides
    Spent a bit of time over the week trying to sort the KTM out. Stupid thing.

Firstly, it wouldn't start....again.... The battery has been on charge and seems to have good voltage - in fact it's showing 13v whereas the new battery I bought shows 12.8v - and indeed today it managed to start the bike, albeit lethargically at first and then it wound into it and it caught.

Swapped over to the new one now. So we'll see...

Also sorted my handgrip problem. The heated grip had lost adhesion with the bar and was spinning around and getting annoying as the wiring for the heater elements would sometimes catch the clutch lever. Not a surprise it wasn't gripping given there was a significant lack of contact adhesive on there.

Some numnuts when fitting the heated grips had lost one of the fixings from the hand guards. Of course, being KTM, you can only buy the entire hand guard assembly at Maximum Effort Costings (Keep Taking Money) so they've bodged it with a nut that doesn't belong there. Had to get inventive with that one, to get it back in and secure.

All back together now and ready for a little trip up to Lincolnshire tomorrow.

Rides
    I have a strange theoretical question about bike licences.

See. I know this guy who moved house and when applying for a new car driving licence for change of address, he was issued a bike licence as well. Full a licence that he apparently did back in 2013 (he didn't, he was in Australia) so as he now has this gifted a licence (thank you jesus) would he need anything else in order to ride a bike?

This is all theoretical by the way

If the answer is yes, what cheap but decent bike would you guys suggest he gets to umm... Learn?

Rides
    By chance is there a 79 code by side of it?

Rides
    Could be a case of be careful what you wish for !

The training you need to pass your test is what will keep you alive while you learn to ride a bike properly.

Get a 250/300 and some training and you might be in with a chance.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    A busy mostly bike related weekend for me, trying to get average miles up before the 'season' comes to a close (I do ride in winter but since it's been such a nice summer and we're having a bit of a sunny resurgence...).

On Saturday I took the missus on the back of the Enfield over to Stow Maries WW1 aerodrome and, whereas before I've only ever stopped for breakfast, this was the first time I've had the time to have the complete tour around the place. Got there at 10:30 ish and didn't end up leaving until gone 2 - quite surprised at that actually.

It was a really good tour and whilst some of the planes they have are for 'filming' purposes some are more original and, up close, make you think long and hard about the glamorous appeal of being a fighter pilot in times when aviation was but a teenager and shooting a machine gun at your own propeller at 18,000 feet would have on today's youth

The airfield is still in use today for private planes too. Quite a nice selection of bathtubs with wings and older, cooler things.

And then on Sunday I was due to go over to Kent on the KTM to watch the Sidcup MCC motocross event. Unfortunately, the KTM didn't want to start and with missus on the back I didn't want to do the M25 with a pillion on the Enfield, so I binned it off for the car instead. It's in here because it is at least bike related though

Rides
    Yesterday I did mostly ride a brand new Ducati Scrambler from Barcelona to the mountains outside of Tarragona via Sitges Its funky !

No pictures I'm afraid but will try to get a couple of snaps over the next couple of days. Its raining at the moment

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Yesterday I did mostly ride a brand new Ducati Scrambler from Barcelona to the mountains outside of Tarragona via Sitges Its funky !

No pictures I'm afraid but will try to get a couple of snaps over the next couple of days. Its raining at the moment
    OOOOh nice Pics pics pics Chap
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    I had forgotten just how monumentally shite I am at taking pictures.

Here is all I have.

If anyone fancies some sunny riding in Spain, I can heartily recommend this place. Lovely people, lovely place, great roads, nice weather and I really liked the Ducati Scrambler.

The scrambler..

View from the battlements...right

...and left...

Other bikes are available...

Rides
    Mega. You'll have to tell me all about that.

Rides
    I just booked to go back out for 2 weeks at Christmas/New Year