Page 81 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2110

Thread: I want to get a bike license

Rides
    Haha I know somebody who did that, works in a polishing factory and literally stood there with a belt sander.

This was on a very quiet, wide island that you can go round all day til it touches down. Hornet 600 was a bit of a pig to get down though.

Rides
    Get someone to film you. You'll probably find you're riding arse-off with your head central. That makes it much harder. If you move your upper body over more in line with the brake lever you'll be able to go faster round the corner AND your knee will tend to stick out more vertically down. It won't be the bike unless the tyres are square and/or the suspension is fubared. Hornets handle lovely.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    The suspension is utterly shagged but you're right it'll be technique more than anything. I'll have a play with body positioning at the weekend.

Rides
    You can see the difference without being on a bike even. Sit in a dining chair hands flat on the table with feet either side of the chair and stick your knee out. Now move your bum without your upper body and repeat. Now move your upper body and head without moving your hands. You should see the angle of your knee change to point more towards the ground.

Rides
    I want to get my knee down

Rides
    I did a track day and got someone to video me on the first few sessions but wasn't expecting to be so disappointed by what I saw

The first few sessions were about learning lines and getting the hang of where the track went. I picked a simple track, Lydden Hill as it was easy to learn and not somewhere complex like Oulton Park.

When I saw the video it made me realise that I was nowhere near the limit of the bike even though it felt like I was "on it" lol.

Over the next few track days I managed to get my lap times down and, from picking up tips from other riders and the instructors, got reasonably quick for a road rider but my body position meant I rarely got my knee dragging.

The first time it touched down, the noise scared the crap out of me as I wasn't expecting it to be so loud !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    When I saw the video it made me realise that I was nowhere near the limit of the bike even though it felt like I was "on it" lol.
    100% this ^^^

I've often had runs thinking I was right on the limit, only to find my "chicken strips" are still flipping mahoosive It's amazing just how much further you can actually go without even realising it
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    100% this ^^^

I've often had runs thinking I was right on the limit, only to find my "chicken strips" are still flipping mahoosive It's amazing just how much further you can actually go without even realising it
    I don't like to measure lean by the size of the chicken strip though coz it depends on the tyre profile. On my old fireblade, for example, you couldn't get to the edge of the front tyre even if you fell off as the handlebars touched down first !

I was also reading that the same is true of the RC390. The 150/60 rear looks good but you can't ride to the edge of it. Racers fit a 140/70 as you can then ride to the edge and get a good size contact patch when leaned over.

Rides
    I don't have any chicken strips on the back, about 2cm either side on the front tyre. But the roads around Bridgnorth where I live are nice long sweeping bends that you can really carve into.
    Track day coming up at Donnington (Y)

Rides
    I have found this too on my 'blade.... Right in the edge 1-2mm off the sidewall on the rear tyre but about 10mm on the front

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rides
    So tiger 1050...... Opinions?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182218154146

Rides
    Ask Dave (Clai Cerrig). I'm sure he has one.

Rides
    In a nut shell GET ONE

I loved my 1050 Speed Triple and i love my Tiger 800 and if there had been one round at the right price when i was looking id have snapped it up

Rides
    Been thinking of a change for a while.... The fireblade seems to be worth between 2750 and 3750 on eBay (sold for prices) so if I could get one of these for around 500 extra it would be a nice option I think...

Anything be looking for on them? Already checked and it had the valve clearance done at 12k

Rides
    The 1050 engine is a peach - it all depends on what you want though.

Loving the KTM so far despite it being absolutely mental

Rides
    Loving it enough to come to the Dick Turpin on Tuesday ?

Rides
    Hopefully will be going to look at that tiger Sunday

Anyone for a fireblade if it's good?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Loving it enough to come to the Dick Turpin on Tuesday ?

It's just finding the time mate. Think next week works but I'd have to check.

Rides
    Well due to a load of bills the mrs hit me with yesterday - the tiger plans will have to go on hold for few months again

Rides
    Oh well - still got a bike eh?

Loving the KTM. It just gets better every time I ride it. It feels so nimble and popping through the gears is hilarious.

I am even starting to like the V twin noise - although it's silly loud.

Only downside is the jerky snatchy fuelling and throttle but it keeps you awake.