Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2110

Thread: I want to get a bike license

Rides
    Is this a company you're booking with or just piecing together flights accommodation and bike?

Rides
    Vida Moto is an outfit that's just getting off the ground. They offer bike holidays with accommodation within the massive 12th Century farmhouse they are doing up and bikes that Geoff, the owner, has or can get in through a larger hire firm in Barcelona.

Its about an hour and a bit out of Barcelona and traffic is almost non-existent locally. There are some great rides in the mountains and along the coast.

You arrange your own flights and either pick up a bike in Barcelona, hire a car and drive from Barcelona or get a train to Tarragona/Sants Vicenc and get them to pick you up from there. I'm sure they do pickups from Barcelona too if you need it.

They're pretty flexible on accommodation from self-catering apartments to a single room, have agreements with other local outfits to handle large groups (15 people turned up the day I left) etc. but talk to Geoff if there is something you want.

Geoff has a couple of predefined ride-outs round local roads, can go out with you as a guide or leave you to go off on treks with sat nav etc. to the coast or into the monutains of Monserrat and Mont Blanc.

I know Geoff and his wife as I went to school with Amanda and met Geoff at a school reunion. They are nice folks.

https://www.vidamoto.life/

Doing the bike thing is optional. You can just stay with them as a bnb guest.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 04-11-2018 at 11:39.

Rides
    I'm thinking of that for next year now and ditch off my other little planned jaunt.

Rides
    Could any of you biker chaps help me out by voting on this thread about what bike to ride for a week ?

Please also post on the thread too with thoughts and ideas.

https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....-in-the-thread

Rides
    Been a bit quiet in here of late.

It wasn't the best start to my biking 'season' when I had my back chopped open and spinal surgery conducted on my absolutely ****ed sciatic nerve But I have managed a few bits this year.

Did Andalusia in May, on Enfields (lots of them as it turns out, rode a Classic, an Electra on trailees, a Bullet EFI like mine, an Army special - all fundamentally the same same but different)

On the way up to the top of Sierra Nevada:

At the top - blinking freezing:
    [/url]

Coming back down

Stunning scenery

And then the big prize, a go on the new 650 Interceptor:

The road from Cadiar was fabulous and this thing really took me for a ride

Fabulous bike the Interceptor. It sounds great, revs out cleanly with smooth power and torque, great chassis, decent enough brakes, looks outstanding and rides really nicely. If anything, my only criticism of it is that it's not very Royal Enfield like; it just feels like a new bike. But for the cash, anyone that's buying a CB500 over one of these is an absolute tool

Also went to Norfolk on the KTM, but I haven't got any pics of that other than these ones I've rescued from Facebook as I've lost my phone

Even managed to for a ride out or two with Jonny - no photos though, cos see above. JW hustling the shit out of his CB1300 is a bit of a sight to behold

Trying to find the love for the KTM again after a bit of a lay off. But I think it's gonna go later in the season and I'll buy something else, probably next year. Thinking Monster 1100 Evo but can't find a decent luggage system for them that doesn't cost the same as a small bike

Rides
    Love the look of them KTM's...

Strong contender for the fireblade replacement when I finally stop spending on the house and can have some fun again...

That or a tiger 800

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    Love the look of them KTM's...

Strong contender for the fireblade replacement when I finally stop spending on the house and can have some fun again...

That or a tiger 800
    Massively different bike to the Tiger - the tiger is a pussycat. I know this sounds overdramatic (and indeed some internet warrior told me I was being ridiculous despite never having ridden one) but the KTM is a bloody handful. Yeah, it's not the most powerful thing in the world but it is, without a doubt, bloody explosive. It has no finesse to its fuelling and it just wants to punt you into a hedge mid corner unless you're really alive. Unless you're really on it, and committed, it can be a nightmare to ride.

However, when you are on it, and when you are feeling it - it's awesome.

Rides
    Sounds like what I need, something entertaining with out the ludicrous speed of the 'blade.

I'm after something mental upto liscence losing speeds, not something just getting warmed up and into second gear lol

Rides
    It'll keep you awake that's for sure. It's comfy at 80 on a cruise and the wind protection is good. Gets floaty at over a ton. It wacks through the gears and revs out nicely. No loss of puff at the top. Loads of torque and I do mean loads.

Selling it if you're interested

Rides
    I imagine it will be over budget....

I really need get the blade tidied and up for sale, as their prices seem wildly variable.

But let me know the price and I can try work it in

Rides
    I'd let it go to you for £4k. I'd want £4500 from the outer reaches of t'internet. 35k miles ish, practically FSH. Newish tyres. Chain and sprockets all good. Suspension rebuilt. Heated grips, hand guards, full pannier set, spots, new rear pads, few other bits n bobs.

Rides
    And of course, those cans - oh yes, those cans. Your neighbours can thank me later.

Rides
    Lol,

I've been a child and fitted a gp can to the blade that exists by the rearset with a token silencer for looks not muffling...

The neighbours will probably be relieved, I try not to start it in the garage anymore for my own hearing protection.

If I can shift the blade for 3k I would snap it up......

As soon as my roofs on the house (happening sometime in the next 3 weeks)

I'll make a effort to put it up for sale, see what happens

Rides
    No worries, I'm not in any particular rush. Have cars to fix and an Enfield to service / clean to get back on the road so there's a few months of work I won't get around to doing

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Massively different bike to the Tiger - the tiger is a pussycat. I know this sounds overdramatic (and indeed some internet warrior told me I was being ridiculous despite never having ridden one) but the KTM is a bloody handful. Yeah, it's not the most powerful thing in the world but it is, without a doubt, bloody explosive. It has no finesse to its fuelling and it just wants to punt you into a hedge mid corner unless you're really alive. Unless you're really on it, and committed, it can be a nightmare to ride.

However, when you are on it, and when you are feeling it - it's awesome.
    I think this is very fair. I've been riding a Tiger 800 in Spain and its nice and easy to ride (with a standard end can), has enough guts to easily carry a pillion and can be ridden in quite a "sporty" way BUT, once you really start to press on, it ties itself in knots and starts to let you know that "that is quite enough, thank you and if you push me any harder, I'll spit my dummy".

The KTM is more "if you're not going to commit, don't even try to start me".

Regards hustling the CB13, Id like another go at those Dengie roads as, once I know where they are going, they'll be more fun. I might put my race leathers on next time The CB is a really nice bike to boss around and its surprising sportsbike-like in the way it handles even if it does weigh about half as much again as the Aprilia.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Regards hustling the CB13, Id like another go at those Dengie roads as, once I know where they are going, they'll be more fun. I might put my race leathers on next time The CB is a really nice bike to boss around and its surprising sportsbike-like in the way it handles even if it does weigh about half as much again as the Aprilia.
    Well we'll have to do it again anyway because I lost the ****ing pictures I took the first time around when my phone went for a burton in France Next couple of weekends are a bit on the ****ed side, though.

In other news, I'm in grumpy mood today (no bike action - or indeed any other kind of action - this weekend which probably doesn't help) and getting wound up by MCN of all things.

They have just reviewed this thing: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-...tlaw-500/2019/
    Note it had randomly working / non working indicators, a dash that cut out and reset itself when a bit of rain hit them, snatchy fuelling and / or bad vibes at speeds you'd want to sit at and can't hack motorway speeds. Despite the appalling faults on a 600 mile old bike it's still given 3 stars for build quality - LULWUT?

Seriously to **** if anyone bought that Chinese POS for £5k+ they'd need bloody shooting.

Rides
    Cracking write up Arry
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Well we'll have to do it again anyway because I lost the ****ing pictures I took the first time around when my phone went for a burton in France Next couple of weekends are a bit on the ****ed side, though.

In other news, I'm in grumpy mood today (no bike action - or indeed any other kind of action - this weekend which probably doesn't help) and getting wound up by MCN of all things.

They have just reviewed this thing: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-...tlaw-500/2019/
    Note it had randomly working / non working indicators, a dash that cut out and reset itself when a bit of rain hit them, snatchy fuelling and / or bad vibes at speeds you'd want to sit at and can't hack motorway speeds. Despite the appalling faults on a 600 mile old bike it's still given 3 stars for build quality - LULWUT?

Seriously to **** if anyone bought that Chinese POS for £5k+ they'd need bloody shooting.
    Maybe the 3* is relative to other Chinese bikes? I (briefly) had a Chinese 125 which blew up (melted piston and valves) with 7k miles on the clock. A dodgy speedo sounds like they’ve come on leaps and bounds.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_melon View Post
    Maybe the 3* is relative to other Chinese bikes? I (briefly) had a Chinese 125 which blew up (melted piston and valves) with 7k miles on the clock. A dodgy speedo sounds like they’ve come on leaps and bounds.
    I just think it's down to how much free stuff they're getting from certain manufacturers. They were banging on about this the other day: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-...crambler/2019/

Tried and tested Italian bits and a Chinese engine that are pretty reliable it's the bikes that fall apart first. Oh well then, nothing to worry about - 4 stars

Rides
    I've been a bit busier this last couple of months. Decided to get me some sunshine to top up my lovely pale skin's tan. Off to Kefalonia where the scenery is stunning and the beer is served in ice cold glasses 8)

And then hired this little bad boy

I named him Slightly Miffed Kenneth. My last one out here was Sad Ken but he was a 125 - this one had a bit more poke hence he wasn't quite so sad, and he was a bit more grown up so clearly a Kenneth rather than the more laddy Ken.

Rode it all the way up the top of a 1650m mountain where the views were stunning!

Made a bit of a wrong turn going to a cove and ended up doing a bit of Enduro

350 miles across the Island to just about all 4 corners and everything in between. It's a stunning place with great mountain roads. Scooters round there are lulzy cos you're just WOT all the time

And then the last couple of weeks I've been making a point of getting out a bit more in the local lanes. Today, a certain Mr Wilko came along on his Gixxer 750. Fun ride on the way out but stifled a bit with traffic on the way back; and the fish and chips we had for lunch were properly lame

And finally some good news - two for the price of one on wasps in vents Die you stingy little ****ers.