Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2110

Thread: I want to get a bike license

Rides
    Pretty sure you just go for it now you have your cbt and theory.... that's what I did back in 2012 and I'm sure it's what the lads doing there's at work now are doing.

Only issue is insurance and the proper sized bike to do it on, as I'm pretty sure you can't ride more than a 125 on the road with L plates unless your with a proper training school and you need at least a 600cc do the mod 1 and mod 2 on

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Oh thanks for the advice I didn't know I'd need bigger. Thank you for that

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    Pretty sure you just go for it now you have your cbt and theory.... that's what I did back in 2012 and I'm sure it's what the lads doing there's at work now are doing.

Only issue is insurance and the proper sized bike to do it on, as I'm pretty sure you can't ride more than a 125 on the road with L plates unless your with a proper training school and you need at least a 600cc do the mod 1 and mod 2 on

Are you sure about the > 600cc thing for mod1/2 ?

I thought there was a rule about it having to be above 400cc to take an restricted A2 test but man its so complicated now.

In my day, you rode round for a bit on a 250 while an examiner watched from the pavement and you were done.

EDIT: I just found this and dlowe is right. 595cc or above so got to be a 600 basically. Check the last two pages for details...

https://assets.publishing.service.go...le-licence.pdf
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 23-03-2023 at 17:21.

Rides
    Wasn't 100% about now and all this A2 crap, but when I did mine it had to be a 600+ so that meant you couldn't go on road unless a proper instructor followed.

That said I did my CBT on a 250 instead of a 125 as it was direct access and I was coming back for first lesson on proper bike day after

Rides
    I did read the link before I posted Jonny but I still wasn't sure haha. I was going to progress to a new Honda Rebel as I like the look of those and seat low enough for me, currently riding an MSX as I'm short. I heard one the other day though with an aftermarket exhaust and it sounded shit so now I don't know. I can borrow one to do a test on but I think mod 1 will be tricky on a cruiser? I believe they do two engine sizes in those 500cc or 1100. Would that be too big? I think I might have to have a rethink now

Rides
    I'd book through your local training place,

They will have the right bike, sort paperwork and give you a proper practice beforehand.

I wouldn't fancy the swerve or slow ride/turn in road/slalom on a cruiser if I've not been riding for years.

It shouldn't be much more expensive, when I did mine the direct access was £400 all in for both mod 1 and 2 tests, a full day's lesson before, a full day's lesson on the mod 1 day (with test in middle) and half day lesson on day of mod 2.

Rides
    A ducati monster makes for an excellent first bike, I had the 600 but wish I'd gone 1100 as it was minimal difference on insurance.

Pretty low, plenty of go and handles like a bmx

Rides
    I've not heard of that. I'll look into it, thanks again

Rides
    Two good bikes for shorties are the Ducati scrambler (800 - I love the desert sled) and the Triumph Street 900 twin (or others in the bonneville range).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxPC8-S6bek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnGYHWfgC6w

Rides
    Ducati monster isn't a bad shout if you are looking for something cheaper but the 600 would almost certainly end up being a "first bike" rather than a forever bike as it is a bit gutless. The 900 on the other hand is more of hooligan wheelie bike and I think they are becoming collectible now so not cheap.