Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Absolutely disgusted with Adrian Flux

Rides
    My issue is not auto renewal - my issue is the price difference, the fact they have taken the money 5 days before renewal and won't refund it back to me for 5-7 days. I was also never told auto renewal was optional.

Rides
    That takes the biscuit, jokers.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    To be fair to Flux here, you accepted auto renewal as a clause with them so they have not actually done anything wrong here technically. They do need to refund quicker though.

Whenever i take out any policy insurance or otherwise, i always ask them to explicitly remove the auto renewal part. I suspect you and others will now.
    Yes but they have taken the renewal out before the renewal date which is not part of the contract.

Rides
    Yeah a refund should be relatively instant as far as the bank is concerned. This is unbelievable

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Hi

I would just like to take a moment to clarify a few things for you.

As all brokers, here at Adrian Flux we offer the best rate we have available at the time from our panel of Insurers at renewal or new business stage. Adrian Flux do not set premiums as we are not an Insurance Company.

If a Clients comes to us with a cheaper rate we then refer back to the Insurers to see if one will compete. Sometimes they will and sometimes they wont.

Insurance is a competitive market, as we do not have access to every Insurance Company in the country we are not able to know what schemes and premiums other brokers and Insurers have to offer.

With regards to the money taken from your account, we do not access your bank account directly. The amount is requested and processed through a third party company who take the funds from your account and place the funds into our account. This process is also used to put money from our account into a customers account. Both of which can take 3 - 5 working days.

I'm sorry you felt you had to send this post but I do think it only right to explain to you how things work.

Regards

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dave270r View Post
    So, I get my renewal from Flux at £1044 which is more than last year. Policy is due for renewal on the 10th and they will automatically renew, which I know.

Another insurer quoted me £760 a few weeks back. Flux come back with £755, then hard sell all the extra rubbish that I don't want. I then tell them that I need to speak to the other insurer. They then ask why as they beat the price. I tell them that I don't like the fact that they haven't given me a good price in the first place. I call said insurer who tell me they can do the policy at £699, without me telling them that Flux had beaten their original quote

So I ring Flux back and tell then I would like to cancel my renewal. They then come back with £695 and I say I'm not interested as I don't like their hard sell and the fact they have dropped their original renewal by £349. They the tell me that they have already taken the money from my account today as it is 3 working days before my renewal. They took the original renewal of £1044! Not happy. They then tell me that to refund the money will take 3-5 working days. In other words, they have taken the money today without me speaking to them and cannot refund it until after my policy is due for renewal. I now will not have the funds to renew with anyone else until the 10th or 12th.

I am so fcuking angry with Flux. Their customer service is dreadful and their practices are nothing short of underhanded. THIS IS WHY I DON'T WANT TO RENEW WITH YOU INCASE YOU HADN'T FIGURED IT OUT. YOU ARE FCUKING ROBBING BASTARDS. HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY FCUKING MONEY AND NOT GIVE IT BACK FOR A FCUKING WEEK. PRICKS.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Hi

I would be very interested to find out what is going on here for you. Could you please PM me your reference number?

Thanks

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by rising son View Post
    got a great qoute from flux online 2 days ago, phoned up to pay for them to then double the price for no reason other than it must be a computer error... so done another qoute online and i got the same good price... phoned up but they arent interested even tho im still getting the good price everytime i check !! they used to be half decent tbut they are a joke now

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Hi

I would like to investigate this for you. Could you PM me a reference number and I will report back with my findings on here for you.

Thanks

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    They're dodgy, they tried to mis-sell me a finance agreement without telling me about any extra fees or anything. They just told me I could pay the deposit, then pay the rest off within 30 days of my policy starting, and pay no extra. All fine until I received a finance agreement through the door stating to clear it I'd have to pay pretty much my policy's worth on top of my deposit! Hence a very annoyed phone call followed, in which they said I could just pay the remainder off, and still they tried to charge me £25 on top! The cheek! I went mad and they removed this charge!

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Hi

I would also like to look into your policy for you and report back. Could you Pm me your reference number?

Thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_20085 View Post
    Wouldn't touch them with a big shitty stick after what they done to me either mate.
    Renewed with them and had the same rubbish as you. They halved my renewal price with 1 phone call, paid in full, had a letter saying thanks, here's your policy. 6 weeks later had a letter come through saying it was cancelled and they were keeping my money because I hadn't filled there forms in and sent them back. (I faxed 2 copies to them and sent another copy registered post which had been recieved) and also had a letter from flux saying thanks for returning your documents.
    When I rang them they basically told me I was wrong the letter I had had never been sent and they were keeping my £650

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX View Post
    Hi

I would also like to look into your policy for you and report back. Could you Pm me your reference number?

Thanks
    Dan
    you should be 'investigating' this when the unhappy customer gets in touch with you, not when they decide to vent their frustrations on a forum.

I think a shitty stick is to good for flux, they won't ever come onto my radar and I have a few cars that i cover each year... sky all the way if you want a truly honest and personalized service.

Rides
    No point in getting trading standards involved go on line ans get the free phone number for the financial ombersmen as they are the guys that regulate the financial services...

Ive using them now as I had my policy cancelled after the 14 day period by marker study through adrien flux as they sent me a letter which arrived after the 14th day and I even spoke to a lady who rang me 5days earlier and stated there wasn't a problem....

I was told of my £479 premium I'd get a refund of £225 as cancellation fee's and for my 14days of insurance... After 54 minuites on the phone it went up to £337 which I was advised by the ombersmen to take and they chase the rest of my money back.....

My family have 10 policies with flux me with 4 so when they are all due for renewal we are going elce where..

Ste
    Bringing up a new generation of drifter....
    The futures bright.The future's RED...
    HERE COMES THE PAIN !!

M82 OUK..R.I.P
    T220 FJO..R.I.P
    NEXT ???? ???

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Hi Dan,

Glad to see you are dealing with these issues, can I ask that we have the resolutions to each posted up on the board as well please? I can appreciate your comments that you are only brokers so cannot guarantee lowest price, but the point people are making seems to be that your first quote seems to be able to be reduced by large amounts pretty easily, one would hope that the first price you offer is the best you can find, thats why people use a broker.

As for the money transfers I know these can sometimes take a little time but in the OP's case he was looking at 10 days from it being take to it being returned, this isnt reasonable in the day of Faster Payments, even an old style BACS takes no more than 2 days - as others have pointed out, your (also brokers) competition dont seem to have these issues.

As someone else has said, you should really be investigating these things when they happen, not when people start ranting on a forum - I cant imagine all of these less than happy people havent mentioned it to you guys already .......
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Hi

Firstly I can not post on a public forum without a Client's request or consent. As I previously advised we do always offer the best rate we have available at the time from our panel of Insurers.

There is no suggestion that these queries where not dealt with at the time, I am however here to try and assist Clients further if I can.

Thanks

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Hi Dan,

Glad to see you are dealing with these issues, can I ask that we have the resolutions to each posted up on the board as well please? I can appreciate your comments that you are only brokers so cannot guarantee lowest price, but the point people are making seems to be that your first quote seems to be able to be reduced by large amounts pretty easily, one would hope that the first price you offer is the best you can find, thats why people use a broker.

As for the money transfers I know these can sometimes take a little time but in the OP's case he was looking at 10 days from it being take to it being returned, this isnt reasonable in the day of Faster Payments, even an old style BACS takes no more than 2 days - as others have pointed out, your (also brokers) competition dont seem to have these issues.

As someone else has said, you should really be investigating these things when they happen, not when people start ranting on a forum - I cant imagine all of these less than happy people havent mentioned it to you guys already .......

Rides

There is no suggestion that these queries where not dealt with at the time, I am however here to try and assist Clients further if I can.
    i think this is too little too late really

Rides

As I previously advised we do always offer the best rate we have available at the time from our panel of Insurers.
    So are you honestly trying to say prices vary £300-400 from week to week ? So in this instance the best price you could find was £1044 then suddenly just days later that price has dropped to £695? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftin Ste View Post
    No point in getting trading standards involved go on line ans get the free phone number for the financial ombersmen as they are the guys that regulate the financial services...
    No, FSA (soon to be FCA) regulate financial services, the ombudsman does not regulate and only provides direction in the capacity of being an impartial body - 'this is how we see it'. They only have limited teeth, and cannot force a decision upon a business outside of a monetary threshold.
    We do not write the rules for businesses providing financial services – and we do not monitor (or regulate) businesses to make sure they follow the rules. This is the responsibility of the regulators
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    one would hope that the first price you offer is the best you can find, thats why people use a broker.
    It shouldn't be why people use a broker, and price should only be a consideration and NOT be the be all and end all of what's 'best'. What's BEST is the decision of the customer based on the expert advice of the broker. You pay for a broking service to provide you with access to broker only insurers, enhanced wordings, broker service offerings and advice. Your statement of needs should be a direct correlation to the policy you're offered or you've been mis-sold, unless any deficiencies are pointed out prior to transaction. Things to consider:
    Policy Coverage - Company A Fully Comprehensive does not = Company B FC
    Conditions - for example; short period cancellation, excess
    Stipulations - for example; garaging
    Quality of Service - guaranteed UK call centres and quality underwriting staff or capacity only market?
    Financial Security - Triple A rated? Unknown out of Gibraltar?

It may well be that it was a grand with Allianz on a decent policy wording with top quality UK claims service, versus £700 with a new start up unheard of syndicate without even their own claims helpline. So, which is 'best' for the customer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    So are you honestly trying to say prices vary £300-400 from week to week ? So in this instance the best price you could find was £1044 then suddenly just days later that price has dropped to £695? Really?
    Prices vary considerably and very, very quickly. But that's not the point. Flux offer a renewal out with the current insurer at £xx.xx. Customer goes off and obtains alternative quotation and Flux, in order to avoid losing the customer, have to re-quote. Re-quote done etc. If the likes of AF re-quoted all of their customers, all of the time, it'd be extremely expensive so costs would have to rise overall. Client happy = tick, renewed. Client not happy = requote from another provider / lean on existing underwriter to reduce. As said above, cheaper doesn't always = better. Consumers would do very well to remember that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    No, FSA (soon to be FCA) regulate financial services, the ombudsman does not regulate and only provides direction in the capacity of being an impartial body - 'this is how we see it'. They only have limited teeth, and cannot force a decision upon a business outside of a monetary threshold.

It shouldn't be why people use a broker, and price should only be a consideration and NOT be the be all and end all of what's 'best'. What's BEST is the decision of the customer based on the expert advice of the broker. You pay for a broking service to provide you with access to broker only insurers, enhanced wordings, broker service offerings and advice. Your statement of needs should be a direct correlation to the policy you're offered or you've been mis-sold, unless any deficiencies are pointed out prior to transaction. Things to consider:
    Policy Coverage - Company A Fully Comprehensive does not = Company B FC
    Conditions - for example; short period cancellation, excess
    Stipulations - for example; garaging
    Quality of Service - guaranteed UK call centres and quality underwriting staff or capacity only market?
    Financial Security - Triple A rated? Unknown out of Gibraltar?

It may well be that it was a grand with Allianz on a decent policy wording with top quality UK claims service, versus £700 with a new start up unheard of syndicate without even their own claims helpline. So, which is 'best' for the customer?

Prices vary considerably and very, very quickly. But that's not the point. Flux offer a renewal out with the current insurer at £xx.xx. Customer goes off and obtains alternative quotation and Flux, in order to avoid losing the customer, have to re-quote. Re-quote done etc. If the likes of AF re-quoted all of their customers, all of the time, it'd be extremely expensive so costs would have to rise overall. Client happy = tick, renewed. Client not happy = requote from another provider / lean on existing underwriter to reduce. As said above, cheaper doesn't always = better. Consumers would do very well to remember that.
    while i 100% agree with everything you've just said

no one cares in the end. Car insurance is a necessary evil forced upon drivers by legislation. No one ever thinks they are going to need it ( until they do ) and ultimately want the cheapest they can get.

It's true with all insurance ( home , travel etx ) but very few people see past the £

add to that that AF can seemingly reduce their renewals by several hundred when challenged without seemingly requoting suggests an element of "trying it on".

Lastly, there has been a recent instance of Flux selling an agreed value policy to friend of mine and now that the chips are down ( a claim is in ) it turns out the Policy holder has never had an agreed value plan as flux don't do them. so his seemingly insured for 7.5k s13 would only recover less than 2k in event of a claim.

imagine how happy he is. add in flux have "no recording of the call" where he was assured a number of times it was agreed value and all in all it's geared in the favour of the broker and not the consumer

Rides
    I already have done, twice!
    Nobody rang or emailed me.
    I have spoken to you before and your were probably the most helpful person I've spoken to, just a shame that you seem to be one of the few at flux with a brain and the ability to think for yourself without reading of a script or putting me on hold for 5 minutes while you ask a supervisor.
    Hi

Thanks
    Dan

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_E1 View Post
    while i 100% agree with everything you've just said

no one cares in the end. Car insurance is a necessary evil forced upon drivers by legislation. No one ever thinks they are going to need it ( until they do ) and ultimately want the cheapest they can get.

It's true with all insurance ( home , travel etx ) but very few people see past the £

add to that that AF can seemingly reduce their renewals by several hundred when challenged without seemingly requoting suggests an element of "trying it on".

Lastly, there has been a recent instance of Flux selling an agreed value policy to friend of mine and now that the chips are down ( a claim is in ) it turns out the Policy holder has never had an agreed value plan as flux don't do them. so his seemingly insured for 7.5k s13 would only recover less than 2k in event of a claim.

imagine how happy he is. add in flux have "no recording of the call" where he was assured a number of times it was agreed value and all in all it's geared in the favour of the broker and not the consumer
    I'm no fan of Flux by any stretch. But that's irrelevant. The only thing I can comment on there legitimately (outside of the usual arguments about 'necessary evils' etc which I don't really want to get drawn into) is the 'try on' aspect to it. Having worked in broking and underwriting for many years I can comment that it's not trying it on; it's just working to a cost efficient operational process, the benefits of which are at a cost of some churn of business. The re-quote all business constantly would be extreme - if you're happy with a broker's service and offering then give them last stab at renewing your business and go back to them to see what they can do if you've got a better quote. If you're not, then don't give them any stab at all - take your business elsewhere.

The game is geared toward volumes and low margins and it's cheap because of it. You want personalised service you have to pay for it, unfortunately, and customers (by your own admission) definitely don't want to pay for it.

Rides
    Having never had a policy arranged through Flux I can't really comment other than to say the one time I rang them they outright refused to tell me the price that my insurance would cost, the just asked what other quotes i'd had. Surely if the above statements about them are true then they would advise me of a price rather than just waiting to find out what Sky et al had said and then undercutting it by a fiver??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Having never had a policy arranged through Flux I can't really comment other than to say the one time I rang them they outright refused to tell me the price that my insurance would cost, the just asked what other quotes i'd had. Surely if the above statements about them are true then they would advise me of a price rather than just waiting to find out what Sky et al had said and then undercutting it by a fiver??
    I didn't say Flux were a good broker, just that a broker shouldn't just be used because they're the 'best' ie cheap