Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know this scrotum?

Rides

Does anyone know this scrotum?

Just wondering if anyone knows this scrotum?

His name is Luke Giles, he works at ScoobyWorx has anyone dealt with him on here has a shoddy looking rattle canned black s13 with blue wheels, he's basically sold me a ecu and refusing to post it anyone have a phone number or address for him?

Thanks jake.

Rides
    Did you not agree some form of delivery method before paying him for the ECU? Or has he just changed his tune now he has your money?

Whereabouts in the country is he? Assuming he isn't a scammer perhaps you can get a friendly SXOC'er local to him to collect it and post it to you for a bit of beer money.
    I do find it funny when someone wants to sell something but can't even be arsed to put it in a box and take it to a post office...

Rides
    There's a phone number on their FB page. Have you tried that?

http://m.facebook.com/Scoobyworx?id=...=info&refid=17

Rides

Rides
    This kid is a ass hole then thought as much he has my money told me he's sent it multiple times and this was a month ago.

Rides
    I've got a phone number for him now still no address, not sure if the phone works gunna try it in a bit looks like he's quite a popular man! He had someone for £1200!! Bastard.

Rides
    ill drop luke a message buddy - as ill be heading down your way in the next week or so, i can always play postman pat

Rides
    If you know where he works, I would turn up there. Would be rather embarrassing in front of his boss no?

I mean bad publicity isn't good. If people were to repeatedly post Scoobyworx Scammer or Scoobyworx ate my testicles then you'd find those interesting results quite high up on Google

Rides
    Agreed, I would take a trip with a friend to his work and ask to speak to his boss, point out that he's scammed you and other people and is continuing to state he works for ScoobyWorx. They shouldn't be too pleased.

Rides
    Not 100% on this but you sure h works for scoobyworx as darrel@scoobyworx has commented a fair few times in that link above saying nothing about it and says scammers piss him off so can't see him employing him?

There is also signs he's scammed a fair few people if its the same guy goto page 6 or 7.

Rides
    Ah, I did wonder that. Well if he doesn't work there, then...

Rides
    just read all that thread on ScoobyNet (25 min read!)
    Heres the score in short:

Scammer and R'tard missis scam peeps.
    As its a civil matter, some try to use legal system to recover monies, this fails....
    Because it extends to several people being scammed, Police are informed..
    Police pass to CPS (Criminal PROTECTION service) to charge for "obtaining monies dy deception, etc, fraud, etc"
    CPS say scammers are allowed to scam and continue to do so.
    Scammers ask for police protection and get it, and end victims get told keep clear or face Jail

Cool eh ?!!!

Rides
    The main reason scammers are successful, is because many people are massively gullible and careless when buying online.

Seriously, if you met a randomer down t'pub, who agreed to post you an ECU, would you just hand over the cash???

Honestly don't understand how people keep getting stung by these lowlifes :\

Rides
    Yet every online transaction has the same characteristics.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The main reason scammers are successful, is because many people are massively gullible and careless when buying online.

Seriously, if you met a randomer down t'pub, who agreed to post you an ECU, would you just hand over the cash???

Honestly don't understand how people keep getting stung by these lowlifes :\
    So I take it you have never bought anything on line then?

If you buy anything on a forum or even eBay your in the same boat. Unless its a shop etc then its no different to just meeting someone down t pub and handing over some cash to buy something he has a photo of.

Your always taking a risk. Most of the time people are genuine but there are the pricks too.
    Literally the only thing you can do is check there history by doing a search of there name to see if they are a good egg or not.

Rides
    An obvious question but did you pay via paypal? If so and you didn't send as a gift you'll have some come back,as its the sellers responsibility to prove postage.

It's always good to do a bit of research on someone via the web if you can, I bought a powerFC recently from a guy in America. Had to trust he would send the item (which he did, the blokes a legend ) but I checked him out first on other forums and saw he'd sold loads of stuff with no negative feedback....

But as Arry said there's a level of risk on every Internet transaction - just pay with paypal or even a credit card in future. You at least afford yourself some options.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by M.D. View Post
    Literally the only thing you can do is check there history by doing a search of there name to see if they are a good egg or not.
    Even that's not really 100%. There's been a few 'members' who have been here relatively long term, know people here personally etc, and still get caught up in turmoil for not sending parts. There's always that element of risk.

£50 here and there I'd chance and, hey ho if it happens. £200+ I don't want to take any chances with. It'd be pick up only at that stage for me.

Rides
    So I take it you have never bought anything on line then?

If you buy anything on a forum or even eBay your in the same boat. Unless its a shop etc then its no different to just meeting someone down t pub and handing over some cash to buy something he has a photo of.

Your always taking a risk. Most of the time people are genuine but there are the pricks too.
    I've bought plenty of stuff online mate, from reputable sources and people I know, and always with Paypal/credit card so I have protection against goods not received. Not at all the same as handing over cash blindly. Not that I've ever had to claim or dispute thankfully.

From the OP's post, I'm guessing that he hasn't taken these basic precautions.

Rides
    99% of the things I've bought on line are from people I've never met before and will probably never speak to again.
    How are you supposed to protect yourself against this type of sale which IMO is the most common????

Rides
    99% of the things I've bought on line are from people I've never met before and will probably never speak to again.
    How are you supposed to protect yourself against this type of sale which IMO is the most common????
    By taking precautions. Do a little research into the person who's selling stuff. If the forum doesn't have seller feedback, drop a pm to others who have bought stuff from them, and see what their experience was like.

Ask for specific photos of the item, so you know it's not a photo pulled off of Google. Tin of Bird's in the photo, or whatever you need to be sure they actually have the item they're advertising. A genuine seller should have no problem facilitating.

Look out for red flags. If they can't get a photo within a reasonable timeframe, walk away. If they insist on you paying cash, bank draft, funds transfer, walk away.
    The net is a brilliant tool for buying & selling, but it's also incredibly easy for scammers to take advantage of, with little to no chance of getting caught.
    It's your money and your responsibility to look after it. Put simply, don't automatically assume any seller is genuine until you taken at least some steps to confirm, and secondly, if something feels dodgy, or seems to good to be true, it probably is.