Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My JZX100 the gentleman

Rides

My JZX100 the gentleman

So I thought I'd put this up here as I've been on here a few years now and would like to continue using the site even past S-body ownership.

Alot of this is copy and pasted from DW so it may not read so well

Here we go again!

After an 10 hour road trip yesterday I have finally a JZX100, I've wanted one for a few years now and the time has certainly come. Messing around with S-bodys for the past 8 years has taken it's toll and this was pretty much the only car for me other than a Cosmo, which I really didn't want the issue of converting to manual or being scared shitless of blowing up. I did try and bid on a few JZX100 MK2s in the auction but the manual ones were going for way to much money.

This particular car is a factory manual which has been sprayed black from the original dark green. Mods are basic but a fair starting point:

Work Rezax 18xsomething small because of lame arches.
    Coilovers (unconfirmed brand)
    Blitz nur spec cat back
    Blitz filter
    HKS EVC
    Greddy type S BOV
    Subframe locking collars
    Uprated diff bushes

maybe some more bits but nothing too serious.

Removed the rear wiper already! hate the damn things.

Even with the few things done already I have to say what a ****ing car! Noise, comfort, looks and slidy what more could you want.

Plans will be pretty much as the Zenki, classy, low and fast(er) but unlike the Zenki it will be used....as much as possible! I took it for spin earlier and had a little 'play' already and I'm pretty impressed, even with just the torsen lsd.

Rides
    Just bought myself a Bride Zeta 3 seat and Okuyama Carbing gear knob for some creature comforts inside.....not spending so much money on it isn't going so well at just 3 days into my ownership. The interior really needs tidying up though and making fit for the job in hand.

Thanks for holding one for me Matt!

Rides
    I squeezed the Chaser into the garage last night (shed with a garage door is probably a better name) to have a look at the rear wheel fitment and see what I have to play with.....pretty much **** all became the answer pretty quick.

Currently the rear Rezax are 9j +38 with a 20mm bolt on so effective 9j +18 with a 245.40 and they stick out way too far. I've ordered some new studs as the old ones were cut for the bolt on spacers, next weekend I'll get them on and get the back dropped down because its raked like crazy right now.

The car feels a bit light at speed, anyone else get this with a JZX? I hope when the ride height is all even that will help, then I guess I'll start replacing arms,bushes and the like to stiffen it all up. Found out the coilovers are Tanabe Sustecs but they're probably a bit soft to be fair.

Rides
    Had a bash at the studs and ride height today, what a ball ache. Basically if you're doing the same on JZX get 40mm studs not 60 as they're a twat to get in.

Start:

Doesn't look so bad from here but it constantly rubs and can't go any lower because of the poke.

So I tried to free the collars on the coilovers and failed badly. Tried all the usual tricks before deciding the only way forward was to remove the shock, just getting the seats and parcel shelf out in this a pain though.

Got abit side tracked by unwanted crap

anyway, couldn't move the collars still so I soaked it in Plusgas and took it down to work to use the vice and big stilson

ended up ripping the bench off the wall and still not loosened.... SAKE, replace I think is the way forward now.

threw the coil back on and got the studs in. I don't have a press and with out taking the hub apart using brute force to pull them in was the only way

and back down

shame its not 3-4" lower like I had planned. I think it could come out 5mm more but I'll lower it 1st and see what room I have left.

It looks like my new wheel money will get used on coilovers now which is a bit annoying.

Rides

Coilovers are still seized, even tried Loctite freeze N' release which is usually shit hot. I give up on them now, HSD's it is. Think the clutch is starting to slip very slightly now too...joy.

Rides
    Have you tried soaking the coilovers in diesel ? works really well too

As i said on DW looks awesome dude , after seeing your S14 evolve can't wait to see how this one goes as im sure it will be pretty ****ing epic too

Rides
    Lush!
    Are you going IG Kit for it?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lewys14a View Post
    Have you tried soaking the coilovers in diesel ? works really well too

As i said on DW looks awesome dude , after seeing your S14 evolve can't wait to see how this one goes as im sure it will be pretty ****ing epic too
    No, I'm aware it could help but they're too soft anyway so I may as replace asap.

Quote Originally Posted by MapBoy View Post
    Lush!
    Are you going IG Kit for it?
    No kits at all if possible, just thought I'd continue the title and theme from the s14.

Rides
    cant wait to see what you do with this!
    your old zenki still remains as one of my favorite zenkis

good luck with this one, also tempted to get one of these one day!

Rides
    ^ Thanks man, glad people still remember it.

Didn't know what to do with the spring rates so just went with the std option, which at the time of ordering I thought was 15/8kg but opon arrival they were 12/12kg. Quick call to DW and Kam confirmed that these are the new rates they come with. Took it for a quick drive earlier and it feels great, stable and planted...world of difference to the Tanabe's that were on there.

Lowered it a fair bit more too, got the rears to the max and it's not really low enough still but they should settle down a bit more anyway. See how it sits after tomorrow.....pics to follow.

Got a rail sorted too so the Bride can go in when that arrives along with the wind visors when they surface.

For the next few weeks that'll be it, once my house purchase finally goes through and were moved in things can progress again, mainly wheels.

Zeta iii's are by far the best seat I've ever sat in, sooo so nice. Wouldn't mind a set of Cuga's one day though.

Had a bit of a chat with Kam the man who suggested running some droop to get my desired ride height. Now, I didn't really want to do this, mainly because I didn't want to over stress the damper and shorten its life but he assures me they will cope just fine so droop I did.

That's with around an inch of droop and for now it'll stay at this height, the house I'm in now has an awful drive but my new house is tucking rim friendly!

On a side note, I just went for a play and with the Bride this low it feels amaaaaaaaazing.

Rides
    Sexy little car!

4door pimp wagons rule.

Have u tried a blow torch on the coilover? Its the only thing thatbworked on one of mine.

Heat + hammmer.

Aware u got new ones but i mean for selling on etc.

Rides
    I sorted them out in the end but they were already maxed!

Rides
    Forgot to update:

New hoops, XT7's 18x9.5 +20

Rides
    That looks incredible mate. Do love XT7's.

Rides
    Holy hawtness!

Those rims make a whole load of difference

Rides
    Jealous, JZX100 is definitely what i want next. That 110 Driftworks had for sale was pretty sexy. Unlike import silvias though i worry it would be really hard to get parts for a car only available in Japan, its probably the only thing putting me off. I mean i had a couple of starlets but theres loads of them in the country to get bits off breakers but for a chaser i just worry itd be nigh on impossible to get things like replacement ball joints or whatever if they perish.

Rides
    Getting parts is a pain. Buying parts through YAJ is easy enough these days with people like Jesse Streeter. Dave @ Fuyai has a few bits for them too.

I want a full exhaust system but getting a used one means big shipping fee's from Japan. I may end up getting one made tbh, at least it'll give me the clearance I want/need and probably won't be much difference in price.

In reality its better to spend more on a car like this and get more of a spec because buying the bits you want after is an arse. That being said, I wouldn't change this car for anything else unless it was £20k+, I like it that much.

Rides
    Love those mate, really impressed with how it looks too

Rides
    I haven't updated this for ages, so for the few of you that are interested I'll sum it up in pictures (we like pictures).

[/URL]

Rides
    Lovely Marc. I want one so bad